“If the scheme is applied into practice, we believe it would enable a tremendous extension of the EV cruising range,” says Ohira.
Electric vehicles (EV) have ten times higher energy performance than automobiles powered by gasoline-based engines. EVs show tremendous potential as an effective solution to both energy shortages and global warming.
However, conventional battery-based EVs are not popular with drivers because of drawbacks including: (1) short cruising range; (2) long time to recharge; and (3) high cost. Now, assuming that these drawbacks stem from the need to store large batteries onboard cars, then there are strong demands for alternatives means of powering electric cars. In a novel approach, Takashi Ohira at Toyohashi University of Technology and colleagues are developing an innovative method for powering EVs that drastically reduces the number of batteries.
The approach exploits the steel belt usually embedded in rubber tires. The steel belt collects power excited from a pair of electrodes buried beneath the road surface. And, since the steel belt is electrically insulated by the rubber tread, the researchers used a displacement current at high frequency to penetrate from underground to the steel belt.
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
via Google News
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
- Global Transfer Switch Industryon October 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
In Japan, Automatic Transfer Switch Market will reach a market size of US$88.2 Million by the ... Inc.; Eaton Corporation PLC; Emersion Electric Co.; Generac Power Systems, Inc.; General Electric ...
- What to expect from new owner of Far North’s major hydro power stationson October 30, 2019 at 12:11 pm
A CleanCo spokesman said when the time came to transitioning the workforce at the power stations, employees would transfer with existing terms and ... was constructed solely for the purposes of ...
- US Navy researchers report energy transfer by kilowatt laseron October 30, 2019 at 9:55 am
On one end of the of the testing facility, which is one of the largest test facilities for model ships in the world, the receiver converted the laser energy to DC electric power, which in turning was ...
- How many PG&E customers remain without power, and where can you drop off spoiled food?on October 29, 2019 at 8:52 pm
The Pacific Gas and Electric Company restored power as of Tuesday evening to most residents in ... center from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. At the North Fork Transfer Station at 33699, ...
- Ultimate Guide of Static Transfer Systems Market: Growth Rate Analysis by Key Players GE, ABB, Siemens, Eatonon October 29, 2019 at 5:56 am
Schneider Electric, Emerson Network Power, Company Profile, Main Business Information, SWOT Analysis, Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin, Market Share, Switch, Cabinet & Others Book this research ...
- Automatic Transfer Switches Market Growth with Worldwide Industry Analysis | Eaton, Socomec, Vertiv, Caterpillar, Regal Beloiton October 28, 2019 at 3:07 am
An ATS can also start up more long-term backup power systems, such as local diesel generators, to run electric equipment until utility power is restored. Advance Market Analytics released the research ...
- This classic Ford Bronco is powered by an electric 'V8'on October 26, 2019 at 8:25 am
The motor was designed by Electric GT of Chatsworth, Calif ... it to a six-speed manual transmission that drives a conventional 4x4 truck drivetrain with a two-range transfer case and locking front ...
- U.S. Takes Ghana Aid Money Off the Table as Power Deal Collapseson October 23, 2019 at 10:18 am
Load Error The $190 million became available in March after the government appointed Power Distribution Services Ltd., a venture in which Philippines-based Manila Electric Co. holds a minority stake .
- Ghana Loses $190 Million U.S. Grant After Canceling Power Dealon October 23, 2019 at 2:18 am
Ghana annulled the agreement reached under the U.S agency’s aid program as it questioned the legitimacy of payment guarantees supplied by Power Distribution Services ... and 49% is owned by ...
- Nissan Ariya previews electric crossover concept at Tokyo auto showon October 22, 2019 at 6:15 pm
The first mainstream automaker to jump into the electric-car fold now is among the last to confirm a production crossover that runs purely runs on electric power. On Tuesday at the 2019 Tokyo Motor ..
via Bing News