“If the scheme is applied into practice, we believe it would enable a tremendous extension of the EV cruising range,” says Ohira.
Electric vehicles (EV) have ten times higher energy performance than automobiles powered by gasoline-based engines. EVs show tremendous potential as an effective solution to both energy shortages and global warming.
However, conventional battery-based EVs are not popular with drivers because of drawbacks including: (1) short cruising range; (2) long time to recharge; and (3) high cost. Now, assuming that these drawbacks stem from the need to store large batteries onboard cars, then there are strong demands for alternatives means of powering electric cars. In a novel approach, Takashi Ohira at Toyohashi University of Technology and colleagues are developing an innovative method for powering EVs that drastically reduces the number of batteries.
The approach exploits the steel belt usually embedded in rubber tires. The steel belt collects power excited from a pair of electrodes buried beneath the road surface. And, since the steel belt is electrically insulated by the rubber tread, the researchers used a displacement current at high frequency to penetrate from underground to the steel belt.
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
via Google News
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
- DBT in power to transfer subsidy into beneficiary A/C with discoms nowon June 27, 2020 at 1:04 pm
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) In a sharp deviation from the practised model of cash transfers, the government proposes to initiate direct benefit transfers (DBT) in the power sector by making payment ...
- Iloilo City, More Power wage war vs syndicateon June 27, 2020 at 9:01 am
ILOILO City Mayor Jerry Treñas vowed to jail members of a syndicate that sells illegal power connections. Treñas gave the warning following the arrest of two suspects caught removing an electric meter ...
- Transfer Switch Market Turning Impressive Players In Action Kohler Power, Eaton, Cumminson June 27, 2020 at 12:12 am
AMA Research published a new research publication on "Global Transfer Switch Market Insights, to 2025" with 150+ pages and enriched with self-explained Tables and charts in presentable format. In the ...
- KU walk-on Elliott enters name in transfer portal; Keon Coleman to announce on July 4on June 26, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Kansas redshirt sophomore walk-on guard Elijah Elliott has entered his name in the transfer portal, KU basketball coach Bill Self told The Star on Friday.
- WAVE provides a glimpse into future of electric vehicles with unlimited rangeon June 25, 2020 at 9:35 am
Using wireless, inductive power transfer pads embedded in the roadway, electric buses can seamlessly charge while on route, reducing the need for large battery packs and charging stations.
- Power over Ethernet Market 2020 Share Growing Rapidly With Latest Trends, Development, Revenue, Demand And Forecast To 2025on June 25, 2020 at 5:53 am
The global power over Ethernet (PoE) market is estimated to be USD 445.3 Million in 2015 and is expected to grow ...
- Hurricane Prep More Critical in the Age of COVID-19, Reports Power Equipment Directon June 24, 2020 at 7:37 am
With June's official start to the 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season coinciding with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, generator manufacturers ...
- Russelectric, a Siemens Business, Announces RTSCD Commercial Duty Transfer Switchon June 18, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Russelectric, A Siemens Business, a leading manufacturer of power control systems and automatic transfer switches ... Preloaded springs and an electric operator-driven over-center mechanism results in ...
- The global electric transmission & distribution equipment market is projected to reach $ 254 billion by 2025on June 17, 2020 at 8:38 am
Global Electric Transmission & Distribution Equipment Market, By Equipment Type (Wire & Cable, Switchgear, Transformer, Meter, Insulator & C ...
- Danfoss Editron picked to power U.K.’s first hybrid crew transfer vesselson June 16, 2020 at 10:59 am
Ejsberg, Denmark headquartered crew transfer vessel (CTV) builder and operator MHO-Co A/S has selected Danfoss Editron to deliver the drivetrain systems for the U.K.’s first two hybrid CTVs. The vesse ...
via Bing News