“If the scheme is applied into practice, we believe it would enable a tremendous extension of the EV cruising range,” says Ohira.
Electric vehicles (EV) have ten times higher energy performance than automobiles powered by gasoline-based engines. EVs show tremendous potential as an effective solution to both energy shortages and global warming.
However, conventional battery-based EVs are not popular with drivers because of drawbacks including: (1) short cruising range; (2) long time to recharge; and (3) high cost. Now, assuming that these drawbacks stem from the need to store large batteries onboard cars, then there are strong demands for alternatives means of powering electric cars. In a novel approach, Takashi Ohira at Toyohashi University of Technology and colleagues are developing an innovative method for powering EVs that drastically reduces the number of batteries.
The approach exploits the steel belt usually embedded in rubber tires. The steel belt collects power excited from a pair of electrodes buried beneath the road surface. And, since the steel belt is electrically insulated by the rubber tread, the researchers used a displacement current at high frequency to penetrate from underground to the steel belt.
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
via Google News
The Latest on: Electric power transfer
- ACC Offseason Report: Power Rankings and Burning Questions for 2019–20on June 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
So in addition to power-ranking each league ... incoming freshman Samuell Williamson and graduate transfer Lamarr Kimble leading the way. 3. Virginia: It’s Kihei Clark time. ... […]
- Budget 2019: Electric vehicles to get host of tax sopson June 24, 2019 at 4:57 pm
and electric compressor imported in a pre-assembled kit. Currently, these items attract import tariffs in the 10-15% range. Other components such as disassembled battery pack, charger and power ... […]
- UAE- MaK eco-friendly power solutions ensure less emissions and more fuel savingson June 24, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Relying on Caterpillar's many years of experience with gas as a fuel for land based power, MaK dual-fuel marine ... fuel technology has allowed us to transfer much of our know-how to marine ... […]
- Using risk transfer to achieve climate change resilienceon June 19, 2019 at 8:46 am
Many corporations are considering risk transfer for climate change adaptation. As climate change drives more interest in mitigating and hedging growing risk exposure, and as word gets out how ... […]
- Western Ky. to benefit from oil transfer from Dpt. of Energyon June 19, 2019 at 8:29 am
KENTUCKY (KFVS) - Economic development in Western Kentucky could see a boost after a transfer of oil to the Paducah Area Community Reuse Organization (PACRO). According to U.S. Department of Energy ... […]
- Global Transfer Switch Market, Forecast to 2025on June 18, 2019 at 5:20 pm
is an electrical device that allows smooth and reliable transfer of electrical power between the primary utility and a secondary or backup power source, allowing critical loads to continue running ... […]
- Global Transfer Switch Market 2019-2025: Growth Opportunities in Technological Innovation & Mergers and Acquisitionson June 18, 2019 at 3:45 am
The transfer switch (TS) is an electrical device that allows smooth and reliable transfer of electrical power between the primary utility and a secondary or backup power source, allowing critical ... […]
- Heat Transfer Machine Market Demand, Scope, Future Expectations, Market overview by 2024on June 18, 2019 at 12:21 am
A Comprehensive research study conducted by KD Market Insights on " Heat Transfer Equipment Market - By Product Type (Shell & Tube, Plate, Fin type, Air Cooled), By Application (Petrochemical, ... […]
- Iloilo power firm seeks transfer of asset seizure case to Manilaon June 17, 2019 at 8:12 pm
ILOILO CITY, Iloilo, Philippines — Panay Electric Co. (Peco ... More Power was mandated to take over the power distribution. In its petition for a transfer of venue, Peco cited the intensive ... […]
- Avation PLC Announces GE Aviation and Avation Asset Transfer Systemon June 17, 2019 at 12:15 am
The Asset Transfer System is a collaborative tool ... digital solutions and electrical power systems for aircraft. GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software ... […]
via Bing News