The ultimate wearable device is one where you can forget it is being worn, and no one knows you are wearing it.
There’s a lot of research being done right now in the field of wearable electronics. We’re already seeing this in the form of gadgets such as health monitoring wristbands, smartwatches, and sensors built into clothing. But the ultimate wearable device is one where you can forget it is being worn, and no one knows you are wearing it.
A research team at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) has taken a big step towards delivering just that this month. They’ve announced a new electronic skin that’s almost completely transparent, but just as importantly, capable of dealing with the stresses of being stretched.
The skin is engineered using hybrid structures of graphene-metal nanotrough networks. The graphene electrodes are transparent, and through combining with metal fibers allows them to continue functioning when stretched. That’s important considering how much natural movement occurs when attached to an area of skin on our body.
Electronic skin is not a new idea, but it is still in its infancy. This UNIST development is thought to be the first to combine both the ability to stress the skin without damage as well as being transparent. As the video below demonstrates, it just looks like a clear sheet of thin plastic stuck to the skin and remains in place as the hand is flexed and even squeezed with fingers.
The Latest on: Electronic skin
via Google News
The Latest on: Electronic skin
- Creating stretchable thermoelectric generatorson March 24, 2020 at 9:05 am
The breakthrough was enabled by a new composite material that may have widespread use in smart clothing, wearable electronics and electronic skin. Researchers at the Laboratory of Organic Electronics ...
- Electronic Skin Market revenue to witness over 14% growth till 2026: Global Market Insights, Inc.on March 19, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Selbyville, Delaware, March 19, 2020 -- According to latest report “Electronic Skin Market by Product (Electronic Skin Suit, Electronic Patches), Component (Stretchable.
- Asia Pacific Self-Powered and Wearable Electronic Skin Market Exploring the Present and Future Stateon March 19, 2020 at 7:19 am
The leading manufacturers of Self-Powered and Wearable Electronic Skin are currently implementing technologically advanced production processes to increase production efficacy and optimize product ...
- Electronic skin sensor detects heatstroke dangeron March 18, 2020 at 8:54 pm
A research team in Japan, lead by Prof.Kazuyoshi Tsuchiya, now has developed a tattoo-like sensor system that sticks to the skin and can indirectly tell the body's hydration level. Reporting their ...
- Global Electronic Skin Market Expected to Generate $1.71 Billion by 2025, at 38.7% CAGRon March 18, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Portland, Ore., March 18, 2020 -- According to the report published by Allied Market Research, the global electronic skin market was estimated at $464 million in 2020 and is.
- Fish scales may find use in sustainable electronic skinon March 18, 2020 at 12:52 pm
Skin-worn flexible electronics show great promise, in applications ranging from health monitoring to gesture control. The devices could soon also be more eco-friendly, as scientists have recently ...
- Global Electronic Skin Patches Market 2020 Intelesens Ltd, MC10, Koninklijke Philips, 3M, GE Healthcareon March 18, 2020 at 1:21 am
Global Electronic Skin Patches Market Analysis by Region North America Europe Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa by Application Hospital Pharmacies Retail Pharmacies Online Pharmacies and by Type ...
- Asia Pacific Self-Powered Electronic Skin Market will take the highest jump during 2020-2025on March 18, 2020 at 12:03 am
The Self-Powered Electronic Skin market data that is derived from the genuine resources is validated and verified by the industry professionals is presenting it to the respective readers. The report ...
- Asia Pacific Electronic Skin Technology Market 2020: Incredible Growthon March 17, 2020 at 11:06 pm
The market research on the Electronic Skin Technology Market has been performed through standard and the tailored research methodology approach and assumptions. Annual forecasts and estimations from ...
- Asia Pacific Electronic Skin Technology in Medical Market Exploring the Present and Future Stateon March 17, 2020 at 4:02 am
The global Electronic Skin Technology in Medical market report offers information relating to the leading regions, competitive landscape, growth trends, and other crucial information about the growth ...
via Bing News