A spinach extract containing green leaf membranes called thylakoids decreases hedonic hunger with up to 95% – and increases weight loss with 43%.
This has been shown in a recently published long-term human study at Lund University in Sweden.
Hedonic hunger is another term for the cravings many people experience for unhealthy foods such as sweets or fast food, a common cause of obesity and unhealthy eating habits. The study shows that taking thylakoids reinforces the body’s production of satiety hormones and suppresses hedonic hunger, which leads to better appetite control, healthier eating habits and increased weight loss.
“Our analyses show that having a drink containing thylakoids before breakfast reduces cravings and keeps you feeling more satisfied all day”, says Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson, Professor of Medicine and Physiological Chemistry at Lund University.
The study involved 38 overweight women and ran for three months. Every morning before breakfast the participants had a green drink. Half of the women were given 5 grams of spinach extract and the other half, the control group, were given a placebo. The participants did not know which group they belonged to – the only instructions they received were to eat a balanced diet including three meals a day and not to go on any other diet.
“In the study, the control group lost an average of 3.5 kg while the group that was given thylakoids lost 5 kg. The thylakoid group also found that it was easier to stick to three meals a day – and they did not experience any cravings”, said Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson.
The Latest on: Weight loss
via Google News
The Latest on: Weight loss
- Weight Loss Services Market: Increasing Global Population and Huge Consumer Base to Drive the Growth of the Marketon December 2, 2020 at 1:32 am
Obesity and weight gain has become one of the biggest concerns in the developed countries such as the U.S. owing to increasing adoption of sedentary lifestyle among the youth. The global weight loss ...
- Rebel Wilson flaunts her weight loss in snowy pictureon December 2, 2020 at 1:15 am
Two days after revealing that she has hit her weight goal early, American actor Rebel Wilson on Tuesday (local time) celebrated her weight loss progress with a new picture of herself.
- Lucy Spraggan admits fears ahead of boob job following her three stone weight losson December 2, 2020 at 1:00 am
Lucy Spraggan has revealed she will be having a boob job on Wednesday after losing three stone made her feel dissatisfied with how they looked.
- Rebel Wilson shows off weight loss in snowy snap after hitting her goalon December 1, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Rebel Wilson has hit a huge milestone. The 40-year-old actress has been very open on social media about her "year of health" in which she embarked on a weight loss and fitness journey, sharing ...
- TV personality Ross Mathews debuts his impressive 50-pound weight losson December 1, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Tv personality Ross Mathews, 41, debuts his impressive 50-pound weight loss after getting serious about his health in June after losing his mother as he wrote he was a 'work in progress' ...
- A low-fat, high-carb vegan diet could speed up your metabolism and boost weight loss, a new study sayson December 1, 2020 at 10:51 am
A low-fat, vegan diet could help with weight loss by speeding up metabolism and naturally reducing calorie intake, according to a new study.
- Watch This Guy Reveal His Incredible 5-Month Weight Loss and Body Transformationon December 1, 2020 at 6:48 am
He ended up dropping 40 pounds over the summer and documented his experience on the channel, and in a new video, Tom reveals the results of his transformation as he prepares for the shoot. Tom recalls ...
- Ross Mathews Reveals 50-Pound Weight Loss After 'Reclaiming' His Health [Photo]on November 30, 2020 at 9:22 pm
Ross Mathews showed off the results of his incredible 50-pound weight loss in a new photo on Instagram months after he decided to "reclaim" his health following the death of his mother.
- Weight-Loss Firm Noom Names First CFOon November 30, 2020 at 7:30 am
Michael Noonan joined the health-care app maker this month from Booking Holdings.
- You’re Getting Fit, but Where Do You Lose Weight First?on November 30, 2020 at 6:46 am
Where you lose weight first when dieting or exercising is based on many factors, such as your genetics, sex, and age. We explore the science of weight loss and your body.
via Bing News