A spinach extract containing green leaf membranes called thylakoids decreases hedonic hunger with up to 95% – and increases weight loss with 43%.
This has been shown in a recently published long-term human study at Lund University in Sweden.
Hedonic hunger is another term for the cravings many people experience for unhealthy foods such as sweets or fast food, a common cause of obesity and unhealthy eating habits. The study shows that taking thylakoids reinforces the body’s production of satiety hormones and suppresses hedonic hunger, which leads to better appetite control, healthier eating habits and increased weight loss.
“Our analyses show that having a drink containing thylakoids before breakfast reduces cravings and keeps you feeling more satisfied all day”, says Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson, Professor of Medicine and Physiological Chemistry at Lund University.
The study involved 38 overweight women and ran for three months. Every morning before breakfast the participants had a green drink. Half of the women were given 5 grams of spinach extract and the other half, the control group, were given a placebo. The participants did not know which group they belonged to – the only instructions they received were to eat a balanced diet including three meals a day and not to go on any other diet.
“In the study, the control group lost an average of 3.5 kg while the group that was given thylakoids lost 5 kg. The thylakoid group also found that it was easier to stick to three meals a day – and they did not experience any cravings”, said Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson.
The Latest on: Weight loss
via Google News
The Latest on: Weight loss
- When your weight loss could be a sign of type 2 diabetes - should you speak to a doctor?on October 12, 2020 at 3:26 am
You could be at risk of high blood sugar if you start to lose weight without trying to, it's been claimed. Type 2 diabetes could be caused by the body not producing enough of the hormone insulin, or ...
- Kelly Osbourne shows off INCREDIBLE 85lb weight loss in low-cut blazeron October 12, 2020 at 2:05 am
The actress, 35, showed off her slimmed-down figure as she headed to a meeting with Jeff Beacher in Malibu on Sunday, after revealing she secretly underwent gastric sleeve surgery two years ago.
- I've gained weight over the past six months but haven't changed my lifestyle. What can I do to lose fat?on October 12, 2020 at 2:01 am
We've been living through a pandemic that's affected everyone's lives, so don't beat yourself up for gaining some weight.
- Weight Loss: Celebrity Fitness Trainer Shares Effective Tips That Can Motivate You To Workout Every Dayon October 12, 2020 at 2:00 am
To workout regularly, discipline is important. Lack of discipline will lead to lack of motivation, and will keep you further away from a good routine. Read here to know more tips for motivating ...
- Weight Management Supplements Market 2020 Global Industry Analysis, By Key Players, Segmentation, Trends and Forecast By 2026on October 12, 2020 at 1:50 am
Weight Management Supplements Market 2020. Increasing Prevalence of Obesity to boost the Global Weight Management Supplements Market . The report published in DataM Intelligence o ...
- Rebel Wilson inspires fans with beach pics showcasing 'year of health' weight losson October 11, 2020 at 4:26 pm
Rebel Wilson is living her best life! The "Pitch Perfect" actor shared photos from her beach vacation with her new boyfriend Jacob Busch, and fans couldn't help but notice her weight loss. Last ...
- Meticore: Latest Consumer Review Update on Weight Loss Pillson October 11, 2020 at 9:59 am
A Closer look at Meticore Meticore is a natural metabolic enhancer that comes packed with a proprietary blend of six efficacious herbal nutrients.St. Petersburg, FL, Oct. 11, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ...
- Natalie Keirns: The missing piece in weight-loss efforts? Compassionon October 9, 2020 at 10:00 pm
When we lose weight, our bodies make changes to try to gain that weight back, the column says. Our hormones change, making us feel hungrier; our metabolism slows down, making ...
- Weight Loss in Obesity May Stallon October 9, 2020 at 11:53 am
However, not all neuropathy measures showed improvement despite significant weight loss; exercise may play the key role.
- These 10 Things Will Help You Lose Weight, Doctor Sayson October 9, 2020 at 10:30 am
These powerful tips can help you lose weight, break through negative barriers, and actually motivate you to take control of your own health.
via Bing News