A spinach extract containing green leaf membranes called thylakoids decreases hedonic hunger with up to 95% – and increases weight loss with 43%.
This has been shown in a recently published long-term human study at Lund University in Sweden.
Hedonic hunger is another term for the cravings many people experience for unhealthy foods such as sweets or fast food, a common cause of obesity and unhealthy eating habits. The study shows that taking thylakoids reinforces the body’s production of satiety hormones and suppresses hedonic hunger, which leads to better appetite control, healthier eating habits and increased weight loss.
“Our analyses show that having a drink containing thylakoids before breakfast reduces cravings and keeps you feeling more satisfied all day”, says Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson, Professor of Medicine and Physiological Chemistry at Lund University.
The study involved 38 overweight women and ran for three months. Every morning before breakfast the participants had a green drink. Half of the women were given 5 grams of spinach extract and the other half, the control group, were given a placebo. The participants did not know which group they belonged to – the only instructions they received were to eat a balanced diet including three meals a day and not to go on any other diet.
“In the study, the control group lost an average of 3.5 kg while the group that was given thylakoids lost 5 kg. The thylakoid group also found that it was easier to stick to three meals a day – and they did not experience any cravings”, said Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson.
The Latest on: Weight loss
via Google News
The Latest on: Weight loss
- Age No Barrier to Weight Loss in Those With Morbid Obesityon November 27, 2020 at 6:43 am
Healthcare professionals should recognize the importance of weight loss in the over 60s and include them in programs to treat obesity, say researchers who found comparable reductions to younger people ...
- Why Are We So Focused on Weight Loss?on November 27, 2020 at 4:05 am
If I could lose weight and get "healthier," I could help others do the same –or so I thought. Training to be a dietitian, everything I was taught linked food behaviors to weight and weight to health.
- These 12 Foods Drive the Most Weight Loss of All, Say Expertson November 27, 2020 at 3:16 am
Here are the absolute greatest foods you can buy at any supermarket that are the most effective at driving weight loss results.
- Eat 6 times a day to lose weight under this programon November 26, 2020 at 5:25 am
Under the program you are sent 5 packets of fuel per day and then you make a meal on your own. There's a diet that is helping people lose weight fast. So in February we shot testimonials and a ...
- Olly Murs wanted to lose weight to impress girlfriend's brotherson November 26, 2020 at 5:00 am
Olly Murs wanted to lose weight to impress his girlfriend's brothers. The 'Please Don't Let Me Go' hitmaker dropped an impressive amount of weight earlier this year in a bit to get on the same "level" ...
- Comparing biking and running for fitness and weight losson November 25, 2020 at 9:42 am
Biking and running are exercises that can benefit a person's health and fitness. Here, we compare the calories they burn, and their benefits, risks, and cost.
- Drinking baking soda for weight loss: Effectiveness and safetyon November 25, 2020 at 6:51 am
Baking soda is a common household item that some people try to use for weight loss. This article explores its safety and effectiveness and provides other weight loss tips.
- Is 'Green' Mediterranean The Best Diet Plan For Weight Loss?on November 25, 2020 at 3:00 am
Believed to be an improvement on the traditional Mediterranean diet, the "greener" version requires consuming even less red meat and incorporating more plant matter into meals.
- Unity Reviews - Scam Supplement or Unity Weight Loss Pills Really Work?on November 24, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Click Here To Get Unity For an Exclusive Discounted Price Today Unity weight loss supplement helps support healthy weight loss independent of age. This supplement will boost your overall health and ...
- Is Following a Low Carb Diet a Safe Way to Lose Weight?on November 24, 2020 at 11:02 pm
One of the most hyped diets of the nineties and early noughties, the low carb diet’s reputation well and truly precedes it. While it all started with Dr Robert C Atkins of the eponymous Atkins diet in ...
via Bing News