It allows for an unprecedented flow rate of at least ten times faster than current water filtration membranes
A young startup at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) has developed a first-of-its-kind multifunction water filtration membrane. With its expected cost savings and superior performance, the new invention has the potential to render current membranes in the water industry obsolete.
This made-in-NTU membrane lasts twice as long when compared to conventional membranes, is highly resistant to breakage, and has anti-bacterial and anti-biofouling properties. Another groundbreaking characteristic – it allows for an unprecedented flow rate of at least ten times faster than current water filtration membranes.
Developed by NTU start-up Nano Sun, at the centre of this breakthrough multifunction membrane is a patented titanium dioxide nanotechnology. Titanium dioxide nanoparticles are proven to kill bacteria and to break down organic compounds in waste water with the help of sunlight or Ultra Violet (UV) rays.
The Latest on: Water filtration
via Google News
The Latest on: Water filtration
- Global Membrane Filter Market 2020 Scope of the Report, Challenges and Trends, Key Regions and Key Players Analysis by 2025on December 1, 2020 at 2:09 pm
The latest extensive, professional market study titled Global Membrane Filter Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 firstly enfolds a comprehensive analysis and ...
- Pentair FreshPoint® Easy Flow Home Filtration System Launcheson December 1, 2020 at 12:05 pm
The Pentair FreshPoint Easy Flow Under Counter Filtration System installs quickly and easily, with no need to drill into piping, sinks or countertops. Filter replacement for the system is equally as ...
- Maya Water System Discoveries Show the Ancient Civilization in a New Lighton December 1, 2020 at 7:51 am
Elaborate water and irrigation systems, overlooked for decades by archaeologists, are getting their due.
- FloWater on a Mission to Reduce Home Use of Plastic Water Bottles With Introduction of the FloWater Faucet Filter for the Homeon December 1, 2020 at 5:30 am
FloWater today introduces FloFaucet, a home-use device that attaches to your faucet to transform ordinary tap water into clean, great-tasting, and plastic-free drinking water. FloWater has saved over ...
- astrea® Introduces New Filtered Water Bottle to Tackle Water Contaminationon December 1, 2020 at 4:38 am
How clean is the water we're drinking? Recent studies have uncovered heavy metals and toxins in local school drinking fountains and ...
- Diageo serves up AR Instagram filter that swaps alcoholic drink with wateron November 30, 2020 at 7:25 pm
The challenge showcases the importance of balance, allowing users to balance virtual water vessels on some unusual parts of their bodies by matching a series of on-screen poses.
- Installing a Whole House Water System for getting pure water all the timeon November 30, 2020 at 12:08 pm
Unsafe drinking water can have a potential disadvantageous impact on their health. Thus, installing a whole house water system is beneficial in a number ...
- Archeologists Discover an Advanced Water Filtration System in an Ancient Mayan Cityon November 26, 2020 at 12:19 pm
As the first cities emerged in Mesopotamia thousands of years ago, water systems became critical in order to continually supply growing urban populations. Ancient Romans built giant aqueducts; the ...
- These filter water bottles are perfect as Christmas giftson November 25, 2020 at 3:09 am
Filter water bottles have changed the way we drink water on the go. Bye-bye single use plastic bottles – now there's no need for theme ever again! Filter water bottles have one over the more basic ...
- Free water filters being distributed in Royal Oak Township after elevated lead levels found at 2 homeson November 24, 2020 at 11:52 am
The Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner's office is holding a free water filter distribution event on Dec. 1 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the township's recreation center, 21271 Mendota, after two ...
via Bing News