A modern heads-up display (HUD) projects a great deal of what was traditionally shown on a car’s instrument panel onto the windscreen, and is becoming must-have equipment for high-end modern cars.
However, as many of us don’t drive high-end expensive cars, we don’t get to take advantage of this technology. That’s where Navdy comes in. Currently in prototype form, the device promises to bring a projection display with voice and gesture controls to any car.
The Navdy prototype HUD integrates with your smartphone and your car’s instruments (accessed via the vehicle’s OBD II port) to emulate the functionality of a high-end projection display, whilst adding voice and gesture controls. To achieve this, the creators claim that the device can be paired with an iPhone (iOS 7+) or Android (4.3+) to allow any function that your phone has – such as maps, messages, and music streaming – to be accessed (or even read aloud) by Navdy.
A built-in infrared camera provides touchless gesture control so that drivers can answer a call by swiping left or dismiss it by swiping right, while the voice recognition capabilities of Siri or Google voice, depending on your phone, can also be used to initiate phone calls or to dictate texts or social media comments.
The Latest on: Heads-up display
via Google News
The Latest on: Heads-up display
- The A-7 Attack Jet's Heads Up Display Was A Revolution In Air Combat Techon June 27, 2020 at 7:37 pm
It was the first use of a true Heads Up Display on a U.S. combat aircraft and historic videos show just how it worked and how much they got right.
- Experiencing JAWS at 494-Chicken and Trattoria Romana blows up the parking lot | Pamela’s Food Service Diaryon June 26, 2020 at 9:05 am
And inside the restaurant where to-go orders can be placed there’s something of great interest to JAWS fans. “With the movie’s 45th anniversary, we’ve added several new props from the movie,” John ...
- Senate May Rein In Microsoft’s Billion-Dollar Army Programon June 26, 2020 at 8:49 am
Program for headsets faces a partial funding freeze pending more transparency. A Senate committee’s proposed freezing half of the funding available to an Army program involving Corp., pending greater ...
- ISR with Attitude: We Fly Textron’s AT-6E Wolverine.on June 26, 2020 at 8:28 am
We take you inside the aircraft and its capabilities including the aircraft demonstration of austere operations. I have always been wary about an encounter with one particular animal — the ...
- Elbit to provide Navy with helmet-mounted displays for MH-60S helicopter crews with on-visor symbologyon June 26, 2020 at 1:04 am
Display system helps MH-60 pilots to point sensors and weapons via symbology, and designate fixed points on the ground via look-and-click capability.
- Industrial Touch Screen Display Market to Proliferate at a Healthy CAGR of 6.5% by 2026on June 25, 2020 at 5:12 am
The global Industrial Touch Screen Display Market size is expected to reach USD 1.46 billion by 2026, at a significant growth rate of 6.5% during the forecasted period from 2020 to 2026. The market ...
- Heads up, drivers: Front license plates no longer required in Ohio beginning July 1on June 24, 2020 at 9:42 am
Most drivers in Ohio will no longer be required to have a front license plate beginning on July 1. A transportation bill which was signed by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine ...
- Local fireworks sales booming, focus on safety is keyon June 22, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Many people will celebrate from a distance this Independence Day. That means more backyard fireworks displays. While local fireworks sellers ...
- REYEDR's Holographic Heads-Up Display for Smarter and Safer Motorcyclingon June 22, 2020 at 7:27 am
A New Zealand-based technology start-up REYEDR is pioneering improved motorcycle safety with their smart heads-up display (HUD) technology.
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis- Automotive Heads-up Display Market 2020-2024 | The Declining Average Selling Price of HUDS to Boost Growth | Technavioon June 22, 2020 at 3:30 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Automotive Heads-up Display Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire) LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--Technavio has been monitoring ...
via Bing News