A modern heads-up display (HUD) projects a great deal of what was traditionally shown on a car’s instrument panel onto the windscreen, and is becoming must-have equipment for high-end modern cars.
However, as many of us don’t drive high-end expensive cars, we don’t get to take advantage of this technology. That’s where Navdy comes in. Currently in prototype form, the device promises to bring a projection display with voice and gesture controls to any car.
The Navdy prototype HUD integrates with your smartphone and your car’s instruments (accessed via the vehicle’s OBD II port) to emulate the functionality of a high-end projection display, whilst adding voice and gesture controls. To achieve this, the creators claim that the device can be paired with an iPhone (iOS 7+) or Android (4.3+) to allow any function that your phone has – such as maps, messages, and music streaming – to be accessed (or even read aloud) by Navdy.
A built-in infrared camera provides touchless gesture control so that drivers can answer a call by swiping left or dismiss it by swiping right, while the voice recognition capabilities of Siri or Google voice, depending on your phone, can also be used to initiate phone calls or to dictate texts or social media comments.
The Latest on: Heads-up display
via Google News
The Latest on: Heads-up display
- Heads-up displays bring trust into focuson November 16, 2019 at 5:20 pm
The biggest nightmare, or dream, depending on who you ask, about how we will be using technology in the future is getting an awful lot closer – soon, we may all be using heads-up displays like Tony ...
- Screenless Display Market Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 35.43% during the forecast period 2019 – 2024on November 14, 2019 at 11:08 am
The following are a few examples of the visual image display: holographic display, virtual reality goggles, heads up display, etc. Retina Display, instead of using some intermediate object for light ...
- US Army's Mixed Reality Headset Will Give Soldiers Iron Man-Like Capabilitieson November 14, 2019 at 1:50 am
U.S. Army soldiers will be feeling a little more like superheroes very soon. The Army has partnered with Microsoft to develop the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) that will allow soldiers ...
- With the US Army's new mixed reality heads-up display, soldiers can exit any vehicle knowing exactly where their enemies areon November 13, 2019 at 8:29 am
With the new IVAS headsets, soldiers will be able to see enemy locations right in their visor so they're ready to fight the moment they disembark.
- The US Army's new mixed reality heads-up display can translate languages and see through smoke — turning every soldier into Iron Manon November 13, 2019 at 8:06 am
The IVAS HUDs, designed by Microsoft, let soldiers track targets on maps in digital space, translate foreign languages, and fight like never before.
- Top 5 Budget-Friendly Holiday Gift Ideas for Motorcyclistson November 12, 2019 at 6:15 am
These are some ideas to help get you started, not ranked necessarily in any real order, but all are selected to not be budget-busters. So those heads-up display smart helmets with anti-gamma-ray, ...
- Heads up, Beatles fans: You’ve got a shot to own an autographed copy of an iconic albumon November 11, 2019 at 11:25 am
One lucky fan will take home the framed memorabilia, which is one of 50 available worldwide. The wall-display is 34-by-42 inches, and includes the album, the inner gatefold of the album autographed by ...
- Acer’s big and fast 43-inch gaming monitor lands in the US for $1,499on November 11, 2019 at 10:20 am
If you have $1,499.99 to drop on a large format gaming display (not to be confused with big format gaming display, or BFGD) and simply can't wait for the rash of Black Friday deals that are right ...
- What is a head-up display, or HUD?on November 7, 2019 at 12:20 pm
This guide gives you the heads up on HUDs. A head-up display is a projector that beams essential driver information into your field of view, so that it appears superimposed on the road ahead in ...
- Heads up motorists! These weekend road closures may affect you if travelling to Alton Towers'on November 7, 2019 at 2:38 am
Thousands of people are expected to attend the fireworks spectacular at the theme park which is set to be the biggest one yet. Alton Towers is working with World Champion display team Jubilee ...
via Bing News