This technology can simultaneously remove impurities and produce clean gas for heat and power generation from waste biomass
The process of burning fossil fuels such as petroleum, coal and natural gas releases huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The effect of this carbon dioxide emission into our atmosphere is causes global warming. It is crucial to develop alternative renewable fuel sources which are sustainable, cost effective and environmental friendly. These elements would increase fuel sustainability, security and reduce the adverse effects related to fuel combustion. Biomass based fuels is gaining popularity as an alternative to fossil fuels.
A research team led by Professor Mohamad Asadullah has embarked on a project related to gasification of biomass to produce clean producer gas. This gas mixture can be used as a fuel for internal combustion engines, turbine and fuel cell for power generation.
Currently available gasification technologies and processes produce gas with unusually high concentration of impurities such as tar, dust and acidic gases which render it difficult to be used widely.
The novelty of this technology is that, it can simultaneously remove all these impurities and can produce clean gas for heat and power generation. The technology developed in this project utilizes waste biomass as a feedstock, especially oil palm biomass, and produces value added products such as fuels and chemicals.
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
- Taronis Technologies News: Why TRNX Stock Is Rocketing Higher Todayon July 22, 2019 at 2:46 pm
Source: Shutterstock Taronis Technologies (NASDAQ:TRNX) notes that a new deal will have it selling gasification units to a buyer in Turkey. The agreement will have the group buying a minimum of 15 ... […]
- Taronis Receives $165M Contract, Stock Trades Higheron July 22, 2019 at 6:11 am
Taronis Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRNX) shares are trading higher after the company announced its purchase of a contract for up to 30 gasification units valued at $165 million on behalf of Taronis ... […]
- Taronis Tech inks potential $165M deal to sell up to 30 gasification unitson July 22, 2019 at 5:26 am
Taronis Technologies (NASDAQ:TRNX) +83.5% pre-market after announcing a binding purchase contract with a Turkish gas consortium for as many as 30 gasification units valued at up to $165M. ... […]
- Taronis' stock doubles on heavy volume after contract signed with a potential value of $165 millionon July 22, 2019 at 4:58 am
after the clean technology company announced a purchase contract for up to 30 gasification units, valued at up to $165 million. Terms of the contract, to a Turkish gas consortium, include the purchase ... […]
- Taronis Technologies, Inc.: Taronis Executes $165 Million Contracton July 22, 2019 at 3:56 am
Company to Sell Up to 30 Gasification Units to Turkish Gas Consortium PHOENIX, AZ / ACCESSWIRE / July 22, 2019 / Taronis Technologies, Inc., ("Taronis" or "the Company") (NASDAQ: TRNX), a leading ... […]
- Taronis Executes $165 Million Contracton July 22, 2019 at 3:56 am
Executives from Taronis have been invited to present the patented Venturi Plasma Arc gasification technology and Taronis’ proprietary MagneGas metal cutting fuel product at a senior, multi ... […]
- Gas factory blast in China's Henan province kills two - state mediaon July 19, 2019 at 8:34 am
The Yima gasification plant is a unit of the state-owned Henan ... As you browse our sites, we and some of these third parties drop cookies and similar technologies on your device to understand what ... […]
- LIVE: 'Monster incinerator' decision day - crunch meeting on Washington gasification plant takes place at Sunderland's Stadium of Lighton July 19, 2019 at 8:18 am
Plans are listed for approval, and the applicant Rolton Kilbride has defended the “tried and tested” technology. But objectors have been arguing their case to have the proposals thrown out. Thanks, ... […]
- Aries Clean Energy Receives Permits for World’s First Large-Scale Biosolids Gasification Facilityon July 16, 2019 at 8:45 am
Aries patented gasification system eliminates the need for environmentally ... “The awarding of these permits further validates Aries patented technologies will bring clean and renewable solutions not ... […]
- ENGlobal Appoints Former Honeywell UOP Exec Michael Clark to Vice President of Business Developmenton July 16, 2019 at 6:29 am
Mr. Clark was instrumental in enabling the division’s technologies to gain a leading worldwide position in the gasification and liquid natural gas (LNG) markets. During his last two-year ... […]
via Bing News