This technology can simultaneously remove impurities and produce clean gas for heat and power generation from waste biomass
The process of burning fossil fuels such as petroleum, coal and natural gas releases huge amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The effect of this carbon dioxide emission into our atmosphere is causes global warming. It is crucial to develop alternative renewable fuel sources which are sustainable, cost effective and environmental friendly. These elements would increase fuel sustainability, security and reduce the adverse effects related to fuel combustion. Biomass based fuels is gaining popularity as an alternative to fossil fuels.
A research team led by Professor Mohamad Asadullah has embarked on a project related to gasification of biomass to produce clean producer gas. This gas mixture can be used as a fuel for internal combustion engines, turbine and fuel cell for power generation.
Currently available gasification technologies and processes produce gas with unusually high concentration of impurities such as tar, dust and acidic gases which render it difficult to be used widely.
The novelty of this technology is that, it can simultaneously remove all these impurities and can produce clean gas for heat and power generation. The technology developed in this project utilizes waste biomass as a feedstock, especially oil palm biomass, and produces value added products such as fuels and chemicals.
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Gasification technologies
- Syngas and Derivatives Market 2019: Global Industry Analysis, Potential Growth, Key Players and Latest Trends Forecast by 2026on November 26, 2019 at 12:49 am
On the basis of technology, global syngas and derivatives market can be segmented into steam reforming, auto-thermal reforming, biogas gasification, partial oxidation, and combined reforming.
- Waste recycling facility eyes industrial site in Whitehallon November 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm
The companies involved in the proposal are Enersol Technologies, which develops and builds the system; Airgid Global, a firm that finances and deploys the system; and Edison Energy, an engineering ...
- Syngas World Markets to 2024 - The Development of Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) Method is Creating a Positive Outlookon November 20, 2019 at 7:45 am
Competitive Landscape The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Air Products and Chemicals, Air Liquide, BASF SE, BP PLC, Royal Dutch ...
- Sewage sludge gasification for chp applications (CHP SEWAGE GASFN)on November 13, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Sludge gasification performance will be assessed using alternative gasification technologies and the fuel gases produced characterised. Associated environmental issues of the release, production and ...
- Eqtec Signs Agreement For Gasification Project Development In Franceon November 12, 2019 at 4:00 pm
(Alliance News) - Eqtec PLC on Wednesday said it has agreed for the development of a proposed 1.18 megawatts net biomass gasification power plant project in Gratens, France. The technology solutions ...
- New coal gasification technology makes ammonia production greeneron November 11, 2019 at 7:26 am
Cooperating with LS Group in Lanzhou, Gansu Province, the Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences developed coal gasification equipment with a circulating fluidized bed ...
- Global Coal Gasification Market 2019-2023 | Rise in Adoption of Clean Energy Technologies to Boost Growth | Technavioon October 29, 2019 at 7:06 am
Thus, the economic and environmental benefits associated with the adoption of coal gasification technology are driving the growth of the market. To learn more about the global trends impacting the ...
- Aries Clean Energy breaks ground on biosolids gasification planton October 17, 2019 at 1:07 pm
“This day culminates the years of research and hard work from the Aries Team. It signals further validation of our patented gasification technology,” said Gregory Bafalis, CEO of Aries Clean Energy.
- Govt ropes in Chinese firm for coal gasification of Talcher fertiliser uniton September 18, 2019 at 9:01 am
The Talcher fertiliser unit will use the coal gasification technology to produce 1.27 million tonne of neem-coated urea annually. The unit is being revived by Talcher Fertilizers Ltd (TFL), a special ...
via Bing News