Bitcoin and 3-D printing aren’t just successful commercial innovations, but signals of a larger societal reset.
Every so often, a novel technology emerges that propels society forward. The 1974 release of the first personal computer, the subsequent birth of the Internet, and the development of cellular technology are all prime examples. These weren’t just exciting business innovations, but exponentially valuable ones that changed society in countless ways.
These “exponential technologies” have an impact that extends beyond the limited notion of commercial success, or even shared value. They allow us to do more, learn more, and earn more than ever before. They transform our usual ways of thinking, behaving, and relating to one another. They empower and enrich the lives of many people, not just an elite few.
Right now we’re seeing an unusual explosion of society-shaping, exponential technologies. But why?
Take a closer look at the technology-powered brands and platforms making headlines today: Bitcoin, Boom Financial, CommonBond, Prosper, Airbnb, Tesla, Oculus VR, Wikileaks, 3-D printing, crowd sourcing, crowd funding, peer-to-peer lending, and so on. Each of these platforms just passed a threshold of popular acceptance, while the value of each one is ready to explode, if it hasn’t already. But market acceptance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Collectively, today’s exponential technologies hint at a larger trend–a societal reset now underway.
Consider for a moment these common traits:
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
- How Digital Technologies Can Enable Other Sectors to Accelerate Climate Actionon November 15, 2019 at 9:26 am
The exponential climate action roadmap published in late September tells us that global GHG emissions need to peak by 2020 at the latest and reduce by 50 percent before 2030. Yet the world is not on ...
- GTT Named on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500™ List of Companieson November 14, 2019 at 4:23 pm
GTT revenue grew 304 percent from 2015 to 2018, earning a ranking of 333 rd, and has previously ranked as a Technology Fast 500™ award winner in both 2017 and 2015. “GTT’s exponential growth has been ...
- Oligonucleotide Testing Market Is Growing At an Exponential Rate in 2019 and Coming Yearson November 13, 2019 at 3:19 am
Some of the key players operating in the global Oligonucleotide Testing Market, profiled in the report include: Thermo Fisher Scientific Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) Agilent Technologies Bruker .
- Technologies which will change our life in the next decade Part 2on November 13, 2019 at 3:09 am
However exponential growth will happen online ... food festivals and amusement parks. There are several other technologies that will go beyond concepts or experiments. Quantum computing and bionic ...
- Why is Contactless Technology Important for Organizations?on November 13, 2019 at 2:14 am
Fremont, CA: Contactless technology allows users to make card payments via near-field communication (NFC). The technology offers benefits for both consumers and stores, which has resulted in ...
- Data I/O Demonstrates Programming Technology Leadership for Automotive Applications at productronicaon November 11, 2019 at 4:04 pm
“Connected and autonomous cars are driving technology changes that are disrupting the automotive electronics manufacturing processes with the exponential growth in content, management of hundreds of ...
- Advanced Technology Catheters Market Is Growing At an Exponential Rate in 2019 and Coming Yearson November 7, 2019 at 10:56 pm
Nov 08, 2019 (Market Prediction via COMTEX) -- Ameco Research in its report titled, "Advanced Technology Catheters Market Analysis 2019 - Projections Report 2026," offers comprehensive insights and ...
- MCA Support Center Opens New Building On Chattanooga Technology Campuson November 5, 2019 at 8:25 am
MCA officially opened an additional building on its Chattanooga technology campus. The MCA Support Center ... Over the past three years, the MCA help desk has grown at an exponential rate leading Mike ...
- What Is An Exponential Organization?on October 29, 2019 at 8:30 am
Related: Lessons in Entrepreneurship and Exponential Growth The core notion is simple: Rather than increasing human capital or physical assets, the most successful 21st-century companies leverage ...
- MO Technologies Unveils New Partnership Programson October 29, 2019 at 8:12 am
Money20/20 – As its MO Instant Cash service (https://moinstantcash.com/) continues its exponential growth, MO Technologies, one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies, today announced two ...
via Bing News