Bitcoin and 3-D printing aren’t just successful commercial innovations, but signals of a larger societal reset.
Every so often, a novel technology emerges that propels society forward. The 1974 release of the first personal computer, the subsequent birth of the Internet, and the development of cellular technology are all prime examples. These weren’t just exciting business innovations, but exponentially valuable ones that changed society in countless ways.
These “exponential technologies” have an impact that extends beyond the limited notion of commercial success, or even shared value. They allow us to do more, learn more, and earn more than ever before. They transform our usual ways of thinking, behaving, and relating to one another. They empower and enrich the lives of many people, not just an elite few.
Right now we’re seeing an unusual explosion of society-shaping, exponential technologies. But why?
Take a closer look at the technology-powered brands and platforms making headlines today: Bitcoin, Boom Financial, CommonBond, Prosper, Airbnb, Tesla, Oculus VR, Wikileaks, 3-D printing, crowd sourcing, crowd funding, peer-to-peer lending, and so on. Each of these platforms just passed a threshold of popular acceptance, while the value of each one is ready to explode, if it hasn’t already. But market acceptance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Collectively, today’s exponential technologies hint at a larger trend–a societal reset now underway.
Consider for a moment these common traits:
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
- Hendrik Veder Group: Exponential UK Growth Drive Continueson July 23, 2019 at 5:38 am
Two years after establishing its Aberdeen presence, Hendrik Veder Group maintains its commitment to growth in the region, reporting a strategic acquisition, significant contract wins and an ... […]
- Machine To Machine (M2M) Applications Market Growth to Garner Exponential Growth by 2028 - Cisco Systems, Google, Gemalto NVon July 22, 2019 at 4:59 am
This report serves growth opportunities of Machine to Machine (M2M) Applications market by its leading manufacturers, and various segments such as component, application, technology, and region. This ... […]
- Smart Water Management (SWM) Market to Record an Exponential CAGR by 2025: ABB Ltd, Aclara, Badger Meter, Ciscoon July 22, 2019 at 3:36 am
Leading participants are investing in embedding the latest technologies into their products and providing cutting-edge and tech-savvy features to the consumers. The players in the market focus on ... […]
- OneConnect Financial Technology makes strides to expand footprint and accelerate digital transformation in Asiaon July 22, 2019 at 12:17 am
These recent developments underscore OneConnect's commitment in accelerating digital transformation and exponential growth by using advanced technologies that enable financial institutions to better ... […]
- Using Emotion Detection Technology in the world of Real Estateon July 19, 2019 at 7:59 am
With the exponential growth and development of Artificial ... Emotion Recognition Technology (ERT) is successfully used by big name brands such as Disney, Unilever, Mars, Apple and Coca-Cola ... […]
- Alpine 4's Technologies Subsidiary, Quality Circuit Assembly, (QCA) Announces a New Manufacturing Partnership With Alter G.on July 19, 2019 at 6:52 am
These types of new partners can create exponential growth depending on the success of their new technology. We believe Alter G will have tremendous success and we're honored and excited to be ... […]
- Global Wafer Level Packaging Market to Register Exponential Compound Annual Growth Rate Through 2016-2026on July 17, 2019 at 6:28 am
One of the most interesting industries to incorporate packaging innovation into their operations is the semiconductor and technology industry. Semiconductor and technology industry utilizes packaging ... […]
- PTW International Witnesses Continued Growth in Gaming and Technology Industries, Expands Operations in North Americaon July 16, 2019 at 9:32 am
The need for this new site springs from the rapid growth and exponential expansion the company has achieved ... in an impressive 37 languages and worked with four of the top 10 technology companies in ... […]
- Identity and Access Management Market to Rise at 13.17 % CAGR, Implementation of Cloud Computing to Push Growth, says Fortune Business Insightson July 12, 2019 at 4:23 am
According to the report, the Identity and Access Management Market is anticipated to witness an exponential CAGR of 13.17 % and reach a value worth US$ 24,757.8 Mn by 2026 from US$ 9,526.0 Mn in 2018. ... […]
- Breakthrough Technologies Offer Enormous Opportunity for Federal Leaders—If They Seize Iton July 11, 2019 at 10:37 am
While these technologies vary in scope and purpose, Singularity University, an educational and innovation organization headquartered at the NASA Research Park in Silicon Valley, California, coined a ... […]
via Bing News