Bitcoin and 3-D printing aren’t just successful commercial innovations, but signals of a larger societal reset.
Every so often, a novel technology emerges that propels society forward. The 1974 release of the first personal computer, the subsequent birth of the Internet, and the development of cellular technology are all prime examples. These weren’t just exciting business innovations, but exponentially valuable ones that changed society in countless ways.
These “exponential technologies” have an impact that extends beyond the limited notion of commercial success, or even shared value. They allow us to do more, learn more, and earn more than ever before. They transform our usual ways of thinking, behaving, and relating to one another. They empower and enrich the lives of many people, not just an elite few.
Right now we’re seeing an unusual explosion of society-shaping, exponential technologies. But why?
Take a closer look at the technology-powered brands and platforms making headlines today: Bitcoin, Boom Financial, CommonBond, Prosper, Airbnb, Tesla, Oculus VR, Wikileaks, 3-D printing, crowd sourcing, crowd funding, peer-to-peer lending, and so on. Each of these platforms just passed a threshold of popular acceptance, while the value of each one is ready to explode, if it hasn’t already. But market acceptance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Collectively, today’s exponential technologies hint at a larger trend–a societal reset now underway.
Consider for a moment these common traits:
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
via Google News
The Latest on: Exponential technologies
- Rokk3r, Dimas Gimeno partner to shape the future of retail through technology and exponential company-buildingon June 25, 2020 at 6:00 am
PRNewswire/ -- Rokk3r, a Miami-based global venture building and business transformation ecosystem, and Dimas Gimeno, chairman of Madrid-based ...
- How Technology Is Likely To Impact Online Gambling In Years To Comeon June 25, 2020 at 1:51 am
Online gambling has certainly benefited from the many developments taking place in the world of cyber tech. And it’s astounding to even think of how far things can go from the p ...
- Force Therapeutics sees exponential growth in 2020on June 23, 2020 at 8:32 am
Force Therapeutics, a clinically-validated virtual care platform, has announced the launch of Force Intelligent Care PlanTM, a new feature designed to rapidly scale highly personalized remote care.
- Patrick Guay Joins Pcysys as Vice President of North America Sales to Support Exponential Growthon June 23, 2020 at 8:10 am
Pcysys, the market leader in Automated Penetration Testing, is excited to announce the appointment of Patrick Guay to the senior leadership team as the ...
- Top 7 Digital Health Technologies to Fight Against COVID-19on June 22, 2020 at 12:51 pm
One of your neighbors posted in Neighbor Posts. Click through to read what they have to say. (The views expressed in this post are the author’s own.) ...
- How technology will help SA tackle Covid-19 pandemicon June 22, 2020 at 12:13 pm
The race is on for tech solutions to work together with human field workers to use real-time results to allocate scarce resources to where they’re needed most.
- Nokia turns network information into actionable security insights for Exponential-eon June 22, 2020 at 8:42 am
Nokia today announced an extension of its partnership with Exponential-e, a UK-based specialized cloud and unified communications service provider. Exponential-e will use the Nokia Deepfield solution ...
- Post-Covid phase to witness exponential growth in cloud computing: Karan Bajwa, MD, Google Cloud Indiaon June 21, 2020 at 1:03 pm
Meet’s day-over-day growth has surpassed 60% in the last few weeks and the usage has surged by 30 times to what it was in January 2020.
- Quantum Computing Takes an Exponential Leap With Honeywell’s Latest Breakthroughon June 19, 2020 at 7:59 am
Honeywell and its partners are building a new ecosystem around quantum computing. It will create entirely new types of jobs.
- Graphic Printer Market Size to Witness Exponential Growth Size to 2024on June 17, 2020 at 3:06 am
2.The report provides a basic overview of the industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology. 3.The report presents the company profile, product specifications, capacity, ...
via Bing News