New catalyst based on carbon nanotubes may rival cost-prohibitive platinum for reactions that split water into hydrogen and oxygen
Rutgers researchers have developed a technology that could overcome a major cost barrier to make clean-burning hydrogen fuel – a fuel that could replace expensive and environmentally harmful fossil fuels.
“Hydrogen has long been expected to play a vital role in our future energy landscapes by mitigating, if not completely eliminating, our reliance on fossil fuels,” said Tewodros (Teddy) Asefa, associate professor of chemistry and chemical biology in the School of Arts and Sciences. “We have developed a sustainable chemical catalyst that, we hope with the right industry partner, can bring this vision to life.”
The Latest on: Hydrogen Fuel
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen Fuel
- Hydrogen fuel bubbles up the agenda as investments rocketon June 28, 2020 at 9:01 am
Governments and carmakers press on with hydrogen fuel cells to power cars, buses, trains and even aircraft ...
- Is Hydrogen the New Wonder Fuel?on June 26, 2020 at 9:17 am
Technology to realize the vast potential of hydrogen is solid, but investors may be too far ahead of the adoption curve.
- Japan's Chiyoda says hydrogen pilot project begins to fuel power planton June 25, 2020 at 3:51 am
Japan's Chiyoda Corp and its partners said on Thursday that their pilot hydrogen project, using imported hydrogen from Brunei, has begun providing clean fuel for the gas turbine power generators of ...
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Market Competitive Analysis 2019-2026 – Honda, Toyota, Hyundaion June 25, 2020 at 1:24 am
Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle is a type of vehicle that uses a hydrogen fuel cell to power its on-board electric motor. This vehicle does not release any greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions during vehicle ...
- Burden of COVID-19 on the Market & Rehabilitation Plan | Global Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stacks Market 2019-2023 | Favorable Government Regulations and Initiatives to Boost Growth ...on June 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stacks Market 2019-2023 (Graphic: Business Wire) LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--Technavio has been monitoring ...
- Fuel Cell Maker Wants to Supply Gas for Hydrogen Economyon June 23, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Plug Power Inc. has acquired two hydrogen companies for $123 million, moves that could turn the veteran manufacturer of fuel cells into a major supplier of the fuel that runs them.
- Plug Power Stock Will Soar on Increasing Use of Hydrogen Fuel Cellson June 22, 2020 at 10:16 am
Before getting into the details of Plug Power, it’s important to understand why the company’s hydrogen fuel cell technology is important. Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles use a chemical reaction between ...
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Market Size to Reach USD 5515.89 Million by 2026 - Valuates Reportson June 19, 2020 at 5:30 am
A hydrogen fuel cell is an electrochemical power generator that combines hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity, with water and heat ...
- HyPoint To Provide Hydrogen Fuel Cells for CityHawk eVTOLon June 18, 2020 at 8:17 am
Hydrogen fuel weighs less than jet fuel and for the CityHawk eVTOL it will deliver range of us to around 125 miles when it enters service from around 2028.
- Elon Musk Mocks Nikola Motors’ Hydrogen Fuel Cells As ‘Dumb.’ Is He Right?on June 18, 2020 at 7:26 am
Staggeringly dumb.” That’s the latest insult Elon Musk threw at the hydrogen fuel cells powering competitor Nikola Motors' trucks.
via Bing News