Mobility gear can be very expensive, and in that regard, the Firefly is a pleasant surprise, clocking in under US$2,000.
Walking the dog, popping out to the shops, going sightseeing … it’s not that wheelchair users can’t do these things, it’s just that they’re a pain in the butt. Or, more often, a pain in the shoulder or a case of carpal tunnel or RSI. Everything takes more planning when you’re in a chair – and if you’re not feeling super energetic, any trip further than a few hundred yards starts looking like a car ride.
That’s why this gadget looks pretty nifty to me. The Firefly, from Rio Mobility, is a freestanding electric handcycle that clips on to a wide range of wheelchairs in less than a minute, and turns them into mini power trikes.
The range is quoted at about 24 km (around 15 mi) per charge. That’s significant, as it brings most of the things an able-bodied person would choose to walk for into range. Taking a scooter arrangement like this lets you enjoy the outdoors a bit rather than being cooped up in a car.
The Latest on: Mobility gear
via Google News
The Latest on: Mobility gear
- Global Shared Mobility Market, 2020-2030 - Industry Convergence and Disruptive Technologies are Key Growth Areas - ResearchAndMarkets.comon November 27, 2020 at 11:18 am
The “Industry Convergence and Disruptive Technologies are Key Growth Areas of the Global Shared Mobility Market, 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering. This study aims to ...
- Global Broadcasting Equipment Market: COVID-19 to Leave Positive Impact | $2.84 Billion Incremental Growth During 2020-2024 | Technavioon November 25, 2020 at 8:13 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Broadcasting Equipment Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire) LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--The broadcasting equipment market ...
- Connected, automated, shared and electric mobility is the futureon November 25, 2020 at 7:48 am
The disruption of COVID-19 has made us acutely aware of gaps in our mobility systems. Specifically, in its ability to serve those who are most dependent upon it. Whether we are talking about public or ...
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market :2020 Forecast to 2026: Global COVID-19 Impact and Analysis by Drug Typeon November 25, 2020 at 6:14 am
The Global durable medical equipment (DME) market is anticipated to reach USD 246.6 billion by 2026. Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is provides beneficial benefits to a patient in need because of ...
- Stone Crushing Equipment Market Trends- Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Product, Top Key Players and Forecast 2025on November 24, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Selbyville, Delaware Market Study Report LLC recently added a new title on 2019-2025 Global Stone Crushing Equipment Market Report from its database. The report provides study with in-depth overview, ...
- Jedlix is accelerating e-mobility in the UK with its new smart charging appon November 24, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Charge Smart! Make Britain driving green! Jedlix offer an award-winning smart charging app for electric vehicles. The app helps slash energy bills by charging ...
- Agency team helps Army shed excess equipment at Fort Braggon November 24, 2020 at 10:53 am
Defense Logistics Agency employees and U.S. Army Special Operations Command personnel are partnering at Fort Bragg North Carolina, to support the Army’s divestiture of excess initiative.
- Pro golfers are now allowed to use this ‘mobility tool’ on the course because of this ruleon November 24, 2020 at 10:26 am
The PGA Tour's new partnership with Hyperice will take players' overall health to a new level by allowing them to use recovery devices in between the ropes.
- Global Shared Mobility Market Report 2020-2030: Future Growth Potential Enhanced by Opportunities in Mobility-as-a-Service and Autonomous Technologieson November 24, 2020 at 2:53 am
The "Industry Convergence and Disruptive Technologies are Key Growth Areas of the Global Shared Mobility Market, 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. This study aims to ...
- Industry Convergence and Disruptive Technologies are Key Growth Areas of the Global Shared Mobility Market, 2030on November 22, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Industry Convergence and Disruptive Technologies are Key Growth Areas of the Global Shared Mobility Market, 2030" - However, the recent COVID-19 ...
via Bing News