Chemists and students in science and engineering at Oregon State University have created a new type of chemical test, or assay, that’s inexpensive, simple, and can tell whether or not one of the primary drugs being used to treat malaria is genuine – an enormous and deadly problem in the developing world.
The World Health Organization has estimated that about 200,000 lives a year may be lost due to the use of counterfeit anti-malarial drugs. When commercialized, the new OSU technology may be able to help address that problem by testing drugs for efficacy at a cost of a few cents.
When broadly implemented, this might save thousands of lives every year around the world, and similar technology could also be developed for other types of medications and diseases, experts say.
The Latest on: Test for fake drugs
via Google News
The Latest on: Test for fake drugs
- Mike Tyson confesses to use of fake penis and child's urine to pass drug testson November 10, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Mike Tyson has outlined his adventures with drug test administrators, saying he used a “whizzinator” and his baby’s urine to test all clear. In the latest episode of his podcast, Hotboxin' with Mike ...
- Mike Tyson Recounts Using Fake Penis Filled With His Baby’s Urine to Pass Drug Testson November 10, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Tyson spoke about coming up with schemes to pass drug tests back in his days in the ring, including filling a fake penis with his baby’s urine.
- Mike Tyson said he once used fake penis to pass drug test: 'It was awesome, man'on November 10, 2020 at 1:22 pm
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is full of interesting stories and shared another one on his ‘Hotboxin’ podcast about how he would pass a drug test.
- Mike Tyson explains how he used fake penis and his infant's urine to pass drug testson November 10, 2020 at 11:13 am
The former heavyweight champ says he also used his wife's urine, but was afraid of testers finding evidence of pregnancy.
- Mike Tyson talks about time he beat drug test with fake penison November 10, 2020 at 9:10 am
Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson spoke about the time he beat a drug test by using a fake penis and his baby's urine ...
- Mike Tyson Used Fake Penis To Pass Drug Tests, 'Put My Baby's Urine In It!'on November 10, 2020 at 8:55 am
How did Mike Tyson maintain a rock star lifestyle and still pass all his drug tests?! The boxing legend went in depth about how he was able to cheat the system on his "Hotboxin'" podcast this week ...
- Mike Tyson Used Fake Penis For Drug Tests, Kept Wife & Baby's Urine On Himon November 10, 2020 at 8:13 am
Mike Tyson used a prosthetic penis to take drug tests, storing his baby's urine inside to mask his cocaine and marijuana use. Mike Tyson may not have had the best reputation in the boxing ring, having ...
- Mike Tyson reveals he used fake penis to pass drug tests as boxing return nearson November 9, 2020 at 5:20 am
The former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world is gearing up to make his return to the ring later this month.
- 'I got scared the sample might come back pregnant!': Mike Tyson reveals how he used a FAKE PENIS to pass drugs test during his prime... but had to stop using his wife's urine ...on November 9, 2020 at 3:20 am
Mike Tyson has revealed he used to use a fake penis in order to avoid failing drug tests during his heavyweight boxing career, relying on urine from family members to help him deliver samples.
- Mike Tyson reveals how he used family’s urine through fake penis to avoid failing drugs testson November 9, 2020 at 2:43 am
Mike Tyson has revealed exactly how he used a fake penis to avoid failing a drugs test during his boxing career. Tyson admitted using the ‘whizzinator’ in his 2013 autobiography Undisputed Truth, ...
via Bing News