Graphene is gaining heated attention, dubbed a “wonder material” with great conductivity, flexibility and durability.
However, graphene is hard to come by due to the fact that its manufacturing process is complicated and mass production not possible. Recently, a domestic research team developed a carbon material without artificial defects commonly found during the production process of graphene while maintaining its original characteristics. The newly developed material can be used as a substitute for graphene in solar cells and semiconductor chips. Further, the developed process is based on the continuous and mass-produced process of carbon fiber, making it much easier for full-scale commercialization. In recognition of the innovative approach, the research was introduced on the cover of Nanoscale, a high impacting peer-reviewed journal in the field of nano science.
The carbon nanosheet can be mass-produced in a simpler process while having high quality since the new process bypasses the steps that are prone to formation of defects such as elimination of the metal substrate or transfer of graphene to another board. The final product is as effective as graphene.
The Latest on: Carbon nanosheet
via Google News
The Latest on: Carbon nanosheet
- Journal of hazardous materialson January 24, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Preparation of reduced graphene oxide nanosheet/FexOy/nitrogen-doped carbon layer aerogel as photo-Fenton catalyst with enhanced degradation activity and reusability ...
- Journal of hazardous materialson January 5, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Facile in situ generation of bismuth tungstate nanosheet-multiwalled carbon nanotube composite as unconventional affinity material for quartz crystal microbalance detection of antibiotics.
- Stronger, better materials are a nanotube awayon January 3, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Postdoctoral researcher Atul Tiwari has been working on the production of graphene nanosheet, a flat version of the cylindrical carbon nanotube but with much higher surface areas. High ...
- N-induced lattice contraction generallyon January 2, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Zhang, Metallic WO 2-carbon mesoporous nanowires as highly efficient electrocatalysts ... Asiri, X. P. Sun, Fe-doped Ni 2P nanosheet array for high-efficiency electrochemical water oxidation. Inorg.
- Anker's ZOLO Liberty+ Total Wireless Earphones Now Availableon January 7, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Sound The Liberty+ is the first total wireless earphones to cover drivers with graphene, a cutting-edge nanosheet of pure carbon. It is 100x stronger than steel at a fraction of the weight ...
- Yury Gogotsi, PhDon June 20, 2017 at 3:54 am
Research Reveals Carbon Films Can Give Microchips Energy Storage Capability After more than half a decade of speculation, fabrication, modeling and testing, an international team of researchers led by ...
- Clarkson University professor invents new type of batteryon January 31, 2017 at 4:30 pm
Mitlin, a professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering and of mechanical and aeronautical engineering, has invented a unique sodium-selenium carbon nanosheet battery that has higher energy ...
- Carbon Dioxide Capture and Conversion to Acetic Acid on Layered Nanosheet Materialson December 23, 2016 at 5:39 am
Carbon dioxide capture and conversion to higher value end products is currently believed to be a useful and economically feasible method for the removal of this harmful greenhouse gas from both large ...
- Origami-inspired active graphene-based paper for programmable instant self-folding walking deviceson November 5, 2015 at 4:00 pm
The PDA grafted on the GO nanosheet not only protected it from reduction but also ... 4A). We fabricated an all-carbon light-driven walking device that can change direction and other kinds of smart ...
- Elemental 2D analogues of graphene: silicene, germanene, stanene, phosphoreneon January 20, 2015 at 4:00 pm
This has to do with the fact that the electrons moving around carbon atoms interact with the periodic potential ... This is the reason why elemental sheets of silicon (silicene; read more: "Progress ...
via Bing News