With the portable HeatWave device, data is acquired while in motion, providing multiple points of view, even in hard to reach locations.
Introducing HeatWave, our next generation handheld technology for heat mapping and 3D imaging. This lightweight mobile device can generate real time precise 3D models of objects or scenes, overlaid with accurate temperature information. Currently a research prototype, HeatWave is expected to have applications in industries such as energy, building, manufacturing, construction, emergency services, and health.
Thermal imaging’s so hot right now
The use of thermal imaging is growing rapidly across many industries. It can be used for mechanical fault detection, healthcare diagnosis and monitoring, energy efficiency monitoring and auditing and even in agriculture for monitoring the body condition of livestock. There are countless applications that could benefit from thermal imaging, but costs, lack of space and technical knowledge have prevented its use.
Conventional 2D thermal imaging requires expert knowledge to understand and interpret readings provided by thermal sensors. There are also a number of existing 3D thermal systems, but they are cumbersome, expensive and hard to move around.
With the portable HeatWave device, data is acquired while in motion, providing multiple points of view, even in hard to reach locations. These multiple points of view are then combined to show a thermal profile map overlaid onto a 3D model of the area scanned. With this device, users can obtain a highly accurate multispectral models without technical expertise. It provides user friendly information to detect changes in appearance, shape, or temperature.
The Latest on: 3D thermal mapping
via Google News
The Latest on: 3D thermal mapping
- This Is The Technology Team Penske Is Using To Keep Itself Safe In The IndyCar Paddockon October 11, 2020 at 11:00 pm
When COVID-19 hit IndyCar things had to change. Team Penske is utilising its relationship with sponsor Hitachi to make the paddock just a little bit safer.
- This Is The Technology Team Penske Is Using To Keep Itself Safe In The IndyCar Paddockon October 10, 2020 at 10:03 am
When it comes to Penske specifically, Hitachi Vantara has provided the team with thermal scanning technology ... the appropriate supplies. There are 3D lidar cameras that can detect whether ...
- A Visual Infrared Thermometer That Runs Off Your Laptopon October 9, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Meanwhile, a thermal imaging camera is often out of the ... and TKinter GUI showing frame data and a real time heat map with minimum, maximum, and central temperature. The hardware isn’t ...
- Cryo-EM and MD infer water-mediated proton transport and autoinhibition mechanisms of V o complexon October 7, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Molecular dynamics simulations demonstrate that the two rotary states are in thermal equilibrium and depict ... we were able to reconstruct a 3.1-Å map of the complex. Furthermore, three-dimensional ...
- Getting The Heat On With A Thermal Cameraon October 6, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Student maker [The Marpe] recently fashioned a sleek home-use thermal camera that even looks ... which is processed by the camera processor to create a map of the apparent temperature of the ...
- Awesome Raspberry Pi Polaroid cameraon October 6, 2020 at 3:52 am
The unique Polaroid camera uses a thermal printer to instantly provide a printed copy of your photo in black-and-white, with a full colour high resolution image saved safely on a connected SD card ...
- The 9 most disruptive tech trends of 2019on October 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm
To achieve this goal, one company, Veo Robotics, uses a variety of 3D sensors placed around the robot's workcell ... These designs include thermal reactors, fast reactors, and Very High Temperature ...
- Researchers Take Patient Heat Sensitivity Into Account When Developing 3D Printable Orthopedic Caston October 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Fried Vancraen is one of my favorite people in 3D printing. It was a pleasure working for him years ago, as well. I was therefore especially happy that Vancraen chose... Todd Grimm has been ...
- TDK releases new stray-field robust 3D HAL® position sensor with SPC interfaceon October 1, 2020 at 6:52 am
3D position sensor with SPC interface based on the Hall-effect allows active stray-field compensation 360 degrees, stray-field robust angular measurement makes this sensor suitable for steering-angle ...
- Bluesky Creates National Tree Map for Irelandon September 30, 2020 at 7:08 am
Aerial mapping company Bluesky International has started production of a new map of Ireland detailing an estimated 200 million trees. The National Tree Map (NTM) for Ireland will accurately record the ...
via Bing News