With the portable HeatWave device, data is acquired while in motion, providing multiple points of view, even in hard to reach locations.
Introducing HeatWave, our next generation handheld technology for heat mapping and 3D imaging. This lightweight mobile device can generate real time precise 3D models of objects or scenes, overlaid with accurate temperature information. Currently a research prototype, HeatWave is expected to have applications in industries such as energy, building, manufacturing, construction, emergency services, and health.
Thermal imaging’s so hot right now
The use of thermal imaging is growing rapidly across many industries. It can be used for mechanical fault detection, healthcare diagnosis and monitoring, energy efficiency monitoring and auditing and even in agriculture for monitoring the body condition of livestock. There are countless applications that could benefit from thermal imaging, but costs, lack of space and technical knowledge have prevented its use.
Conventional 2D thermal imaging requires expert knowledge to understand and interpret readings provided by thermal sensors. There are also a number of existing 3D thermal systems, but they are cumbersome, expensive and hard to move around.
With the portable HeatWave device, data is acquired while in motion, providing multiple points of view, even in hard to reach locations. These multiple points of view are then combined to show a thermal profile map overlaid onto a 3D model of the area scanned. With this device, users can obtain a highly accurate multispectral models without technical expertise. It provides user friendly information to detect changes in appearance, shape, or temperature.
The Latest on: 3D thermal mapping
via Google News
The Latest on: 3D thermal mapping
- Man trapped at Henty Gold Mine 'presumed deceased': Policeon January 24, 2020 at 12:30 am
New three-dimensional mapping revealed the loader the worker was assigned to at the time of the ... "Police and the mine's Emergency Response Team used drones with 3D and thermal imaging technology to ...
- Drones cement their place in the construction and industrial sectoron January 15, 2020 at 3:46 am
GoUAV also provide software solutions for 3D mapping, photogrammetry and other data capturing software used in asset inspection, mapping and surveying and agriculture as well as training for end-users ...
- All of Australia is burning? How maps can misleadon January 10, 2020 at 8:55 am
Should be clear in a day or so… This is a 3D visualisation of the hotspots in Australia ...
- DroneDeploy Releases World’s First Real-Time Thermal Mapping Technology for Commercial Droneson June 12, 2018 at 4:32 am
“Thermal mapping is one of the most common and difficult ... Simple by design, DroneDeploy enables professional-grade imagery and analysis, 3D modeling and more from any drone on any device.
- Scientists Use Drones To Create World's First 3D Thermal Model Of An Active Volcanoon March 30, 2018 at 8:35 am
scientists have used drones to create a 3D model of a volcano using its thermal signature. Although thermal imaging of volcanoes isn’t new, this complex, groundbreaking method to map one of the ...
- Drone Thermal Mapping with ThermalCapture and Icaros OneButton 5.1on July 26, 2017 at 5:46 am
automated thermal mapping solution for the global commercial drone industry. I am not aware of any other solution on the market that is able to provide full radiometric 2D or 3D maps where all ...
- Parrot reimagines Bebop, Disco drones with thermal camera and 3D mapping optionson May 8, 2017 at 2:16 pm
Industrial drones with cool cameras designed for things like thermal readings and 3D mapping aren’t new, but by modifying their consumer drones, Parrot is launching industrial-grade drones ...
- CSIRO developing a handheld mobile 3D thermal mapping deviceon July 23, 2014 at 8:56 am
Australia’s national science agency, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), has developed a prototype of a 3D imaging device called the HeatWave, which is a ...
- Handheld HeatWave device produces 3D thermal maps in real-timeon July 20, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Thermal imaging has proven itself to be a useful adjunct to physical testing in areas including engineering, health, and agriculture. Until now, however, conventional 3D thermal imaging use has ...
- Students develop 3D thermal mapping system for firefighting robotson July 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm
Using stereo and infrared imagery, the team was able to map urban environments and detect survivors ... coordinates are averaged and assigned to each point in the thermal 3D cloud,” he said. With the ...
via Bing News