“It’s like gold, but better, because there is this cash flow,” Mr. Boardman said.
His boots were caked with mud when Thomas S. T. Gimbel, a longtime hedge fund executive, slipped in a strawberry patch. It was the plumpness of a strawberry that had distracted him.
Mr. Gimbel, who once headed the hedge fund division of Credit Suisse, now spends more time discussing crop yields than stock or bond yields.
He is the man on the ground for a group of investors — including New York’s biggest real estate dynasty, two Florida sugar barons and the founder of a multibillion-dollar investment firm — who have been buying up farms across the United States through a real estate investment trust called the American Farmland Company.
Hedge funds are not new to farmland. For nearly a decade they have scoured the corners of the globe for cheap land as food prices have soared, positioning themselves to profit from the growing demand. Hedge funds now have $14 billion invested in farmland, according to the data provider Preqin.
But in the latest twist, a small but growing group of sophisticated investors and bankers are combining crops and the soil they grow in into an asset class that ordinary investors can buy a piece of.
The Latest on: Cash Crops With Dividends
via Google News
The Latest on: Cash Crops With Dividends
- The 3 Biggest Risks for Marijuana's Only High-Yield Dividend Stockon January 27, 2020 at 8:51 am
This is a company that looks to deploy its cash by acquiring cannabis cultivation and processing facilities ... In turn, it's required to pay out a significant portion of its earnings as a dividend to ...
- Nutrien: At 52-Week Lows, Yields Are Appealing In An Expensive Marketon January 27, 2020 at 8:16 am
Nutrien has the largest crop nutrient production portfolio combined with a ... Source: Data from Nutrien's 2018 Annual Report Along with Nutrien's 4.0% dividend yield at current levels (which by the ...
- Sunday share tips: Royal Dutch Shell, Global Sustainable Farmland Income Truston January 26, 2020 at 1:45 am
Managers were hoping to make additional annual payments as well, thanks to revenue share agreements on a number of farms, meaning the trust would be entitled to extra cash following good crop yields - ...
- MIDAS SHARE TIPS: Your funds will bear fruit in Global Sustainable Farmland Income Trust that grows profits on farmson January 25, 2020 at 6:05 pm
Managers are hoping to make additional annual payments too, as there will be revenue share agreements with several farms, where the Trust will be entitled to extra cash if crop yields are good. This ...
- Eastman Chemical: Free Cash Flow Champion With A 3.5% Dividend Yieldon January 25, 2020 at 5:34 am
The dividend is fully covered both by accounting profits and free cash flow. Though I do consider its 102% Debt/Equity as high ... Additives & Functional Products (e.g., adhesives resins, tire ...
- The 4 Biggest Dividend Payers in the Stock Marketon January 24, 2020 at 8:56 am
Only the cream of the crop of blue chip dividend stocks rewards its investors with truly monumental dividend payments ... largely because of the huge amounts of free cash flow that their businesses ...
- 6 Dividend Stocks to Buy That Are Leveraging Global Innovationon January 16, 2020 at 8:21 am
And with limitations on land for agricultural production, it’s all about getting more and better crops from less land and less water ... they are continuing to roll through month after month, ...
- The 25 Best Low-Fee Mutual Funds to Buy in 2020on January 15, 2020 at 10:37 pm
The Kiplinger 25 list of our favorite no-load mutual funds dates back to 2004, and our coverage of mutual funds goes all the way back to the 1950s. We believe in holding funds rather than trading them ...
- 7 Surprising Dividend Stocks to Buy That Offer Ample Yieldson January 3, 2020 at 5:13 am
It starts with getting better-quality crops from grains to produce ... I have a stock from a company which generates lots of cash while paying a dividend yielding in the double digits.
- ADM Directors Declare Cash Dividendon November 7, 2019 at 7:41 am
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Archer Daniels Midland Company’s (NYSE: ADM) Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of 35.0 ... have transformed crops into products that serve the vital ...
via Bing News