Airfields, farms and towns could become test facilities under plans to increase income from robots free of human operators
Factories, farms, lakes and towns will become proving grounds forrobots, drones and driverless cars under plans handed to the government on Tuesday that would transform Britain into a leading test centre for the machines.
Decommissioned nuclear plants at Sellafield, the nation’s deepest mine at Boulby in Yorkshire and Loch Linnhe near Fort William are among places being eyed up as facilities to put the next generation of robots through their paces.
The strategy would see airfields co-opted for experimental drone flights and towns such as Milton Keynes used as tough urban proving grounds for driverless cars, where navigation, object-avoidance and automated parking can be tested to the limit.
The Latest on: Global robotics race
via Google News
The Latest on: Global robotics race
- New Weill Neurohub Will Unite UCSF, UC Berkeley, U. of Washington in Race to Find New Treatments for Brain Diseaseson November 12, 2019 at 9:03 am
And in addition to the terrible personal toll these illnesses exact on patients and their families, they also have a massive impact on our healthcare system and on the global economy," said Joan ...
- The programmable logic controller (PLC) market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period (2019on November 11, 2019 at 6:02 pm
With robots being a major end-user of PLCs, the market is expected to greatly benefit from the global robotics boom ... Aptiv PLC (APTV) has to be regarded as one of the front-runners in the race to ...
- Here are Bank of America's top 10 investing themes to watch over the next decadeon November 11, 2019 at 4:31 pm
Bank of America global strategist and head of thematic ... which will see a new 'arms race' between the US and China to reach national superiority in technology over the long term vis-a-vis Quantum ...
- As L.A. ports automate, some workers are cheering on the robotson November 8, 2019 at 7:14 am
Diaz is paid by the load, so he applauds the arrival of more waterfront robots, which promise to speed turnaround times at a port complex ... But under the ILWU contract, a third shift beyond the ...
- ANA developing mobile robots for aircraft-free trips through avatarson November 6, 2019 at 2:00 pm
These robots can be remotely controlled through tablet computers ... technologies that could bring about benefits for mankind with an eye toward solving global challenges. Especially famous among past ...
- Fri. 9:33 a.m.: Dubai displays tech reputation with global robotics conteston November 1, 2019 at 11:55 pm
“We are in an accelerating race toward catastrophe, whether it’s global warning, melting of the (polar ice ... but focus on using it as a tool and not a weapon,” he explained. The unofficial “Robotics ...
- Dubai hosts global robotics contest aiming to save our oceanson November 1, 2019 at 6:17 am
READ MORE: Why royals and expats are fleeing Dubai “We are in an accelerating race toward catastrophe ... Dubai hosted the international robotics contest to find solutions to global ocean pollution.
- Dubai displays tech reputation with global robotics conteston November 1, 2019 at 4:45 am
"We are in an accelerating race toward catastrophe, whether it's global warning, melting of the (polar ice ... but focus on using it as a tool and not a weapon," he explained. The unofficial "Robotics ...
- AI: Beware the Robotson November 1, 2019 at 12:43 am
And creepy… Those of us who are not tech savvy often frame the risks associated with the use of AI as a problem of the future: after they take all of our jobs, super intelligent robots will become ...
- Explainer: Is the US losing the artificial intelligence arms race?on October 29, 2019 at 10:56 am
Taken together, these forces challenge global stability. Hanson Robotics' flagship robot Sophia, a lifelike robot powered by artificial intelligence, holds an apple in Hong Kong on Sept. 28, 2017.
via Bing News