The most efficient diesel in the engine-research world
The one-cylinder test engine in the basement of a University of Wisconsin-Madison lab is connected to a life-support system of pipes, tubes, ducts and cables. You might think that the engine resembles a patient in intensive care, but in this case, the patient is not sick.
Instead, the elaborate monitoring system shows that the engine can convert 59.5 percent of the chemical energy in its fuel into motion — significantly better than the 52 percent maximum in modern diesel truck engines.
New engine technologies are frequently developed in one-cylinder engines like this one. And after being doctored by a group led byRolf Reitz, a professor of mechanical engineering at UW-Madison, this is the most efficient diesel in the engine-research world.
The Latest on: Diesel engine
via Google News
The Latest on: Diesel engine
- Buy Swaraj Engines; target of Rs 1235: ICICI Directon May 13, 2020 at 3:52 am
ICICI Direct is bullish on Swaraj Engines has recommended buy rating on the stock with a target price of Rs 1235 in its research report dated May 11, 2020.
- The UK luxury motoring industry re-starts its engines - what will this mean for customers?on May 13, 2020 at 3:21 am
Luxury car production is back under way again in the UK with flagship manufacturers Rolls-Royce and Bentley leading a nationwide return to work. It’s a rare piece of good news f ...
- The Rotary-Powered 1969 Mercedes-Benz C111 Is the Real Reason Daimler Went with Diesel Engineson May 12, 2020 at 8:05 am
But only one had the kind of lasting impact the rotary engine itself never would: the 1969 Mercedes-Benz C111. Developed at German outfit NSU at the end of the 1950s, the Wankel rotary was a ...
- COVID-19 Impact and Recovery Analysis | Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) Antenna Market 2020-2024 | Increasing Use of Energy-Efficient Engines to Boost Growth | Technavioon May 11, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) Antenna Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire) LONDON-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )--Technavio has been ...
- Andretti: Ferrari should supply chassis and engines in IndyCaron May 10, 2020 at 10:57 am
Motorsport icon Mario Andretti says that Ferrari should consider entering the NTT IndyCar Series as both a chassis builder and an engine supplier – while acknowledging that the regulations would need ...
- Batteries fading, rodents ruining engines as cars in Connecticut are left neglected during the coronaviruson May 9, 2020 at 3:14 am
Car batteries are fading and gnawing rodents are colonizing engine compartments as the coronavirus keeps many cars parked at home. Some recommendations to prevent costly repairs.
- Global Military Aircraft Engines Market 2020 Key Players Analysis, Segmentation, Growth, Future Trend, Gross Margin, Demand and Forecast by 2026on May 8, 2020 at 11:29 pm
The comprehensive research study on Global Military Aircraft Engines Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2026 presents a thorough market analysis, categorizing the ...
- USM Providers Banking On Cargo Aircraft, Engines During COVID-19 Downturnon May 7, 2020 at 12:21 pm
Stakeholders in the used serviceable materials (USM) market expect a steep impact as airlines scramble to save money, but continued MRO activity within engines and cargo aircraft may provide some ...
- Wait, Could Plasma Thrusters Really Replace Jet Engines?on May 7, 2020 at 11:54 am
Chinese scientists suggest they’re bringing space plasma thrusters down to Earth, with a new kind that performs as well in the atmosphere as others do in the vacuum of space. Using just air and ...
- Aerojet Rocketdyne expands operations to deliver four SLS engines a yearon May 7, 2020 at 10:55 am
NASA is extending its RS-25 engine production contract with Aerojet Rocketdyne through the rest of the decade, a move that guarantees a steady supply of liquid-fueled engines for the Space Launch ...
via Bing News