Perovskite solar cells show tremendous promise in propelling solar power into the marketplace.
The cells use a hole-transportation layer, which promotes the efficient movement of electrical current after exposure to sunlight. However, manufacturing the hole-transportation organic materials is very costly and lack long term stability. Publishing in Science, a team of scientists in China, led by Professor Hongwei Han in cooperation with Professor Michael Grätzel at EPFL, have developed a perovskite solar cell that does not use a hole-transporting layer, with 12.8% conversion efficiency and over 1000 hours stability under full sunlight in ambient temperature. The innovation can reduce the cost of perovskite cells, and firmly propel them into the marketplace.
Hybrid organic–inorganic methylammonium lead halide perovskites have attracted intense attention for thin-film photovoltaics, due to their large absorption coefficient, high charge carrier mobility and long diffusion length. However, these cells are also costly because of the hole-transportation layer, which demands high purity materials and complicated fabrication procedures.
A team of scientists at the Michael Grätzel Center for Mesoscopic Cells of Huazhong University in China in cooperation with the Laboratory for Photonics and Interfaces at EPFL directed by Michael Grätzel have successfully manufactured a perovskite solar cell that does not need a hole-transportation layer. The solar cell shows comparative energy conversion efficiency (12.8%) and was shown to be stable for over 1000 hours in direct sun exposure.
The Latest on: Perovskite solar cell
via Google News
The Latest on: Perovskite solar cell
- Perovskite solar pushes up efficiency in hydrogen-making cellon June 23, 2020 at 8:46 am
Scientists in Australia have used a custom perovskite solar cell to increase the efficiency of solar hydrogen production close to the point thought to be c ...
- At CAGR of 13.9%, Perovskite Solar Cells Module Market | Increased Growth Rate, Revenue, Share, Analysis and Forecast 2028on June 23, 2020 at 3:12 am
The Perovskite Solar Cells Module market size is projected to expand from USD 318 Mn in 2018 to USD 1046.2 Mn by 2028, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.90% during the forecast period. For ...
- Global Quantum Dots Market Report 16th Edition - Featuring Avantama, Bio Square & Dotz Nano Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.comon June 22, 2020 at 8:25 am
Quantum Dots (QDs) are used in a range of optoelectronic devices, including TVs and displays, light-emitting devices (LEDs), solar cells, photodiodes, thermoelectrics, photoconductors and field ...
- Global Quantum Dots Market Report 16th Edition - Featuring Avantama, Bio Square & Dotz Nano Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.comon June 22, 2020 at 8:09 am
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Quantum Dots Report 2020 (16th Edition)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. Quantum Dots (QDs) are used in a range of optoelectronic devices, ...
- Perovskite solar cells take a step forwardon June 18, 2020 at 10:59 am
See allHide authors and affiliations Today's monocrystalline silicon solar cells have their throne on the roofs of our houses. In the past decade, however, perovskite solar cells (PSCs) show ...
- Vapor fix lifts up perovskite crystal performanceon June 18, 2020 at 10:40 am
A simple and noninvasive treatment could become a prime post-crystallization process to optimize the optoelectronic properties of hybrid perovskite solar cell materials.
- Australian researchers claim new record for direct ‘solar-to-hydrogen’ solar cellson June 16, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Australian researchers have claimed a new world efficiency record for solar panels that can directly split water using sunlight, in an achievement that opens up a new pathway to low-cost renewable ...
- Researchers Solve Overheating Problem in Solar Materialon June 16, 2020 at 2:36 am
A team at Iowa State developed hybrid cells using perovskites and silicon that could withstand temperatures of nearly 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Startup with MIT roots develops lightweight solar panelson June 15, 2020 at 11:18 am
"The inventions and technical advancements of Swift Solar have the opportunity to revolutionize the format of solar photovoltaic technology." ...
- German Team Makes Printed Perovskite LEDson June 15, 2020 at 3:14 am
What's more, processing perovskite crystals is comparatively simple. "They can be produced from a liquid solution, so you can build the desired component one layer at a time directly on the substrate" ...
via Bing News