Washington State University researchers have developed the first fuel cell that can directly convert fuels, such as jet fuel or gasoline, to electricity, providing a dramatically more energy-efficient way to create electric power for planes or cars.
The process could be approximately four times more efficient than a combustion engine because it is based on an electrochemical reaction.
The researchers also have used gasoline to power their fuel cell and envision someday using it to power cars. Vehicles powered in this way could use existing gas stations, rather than having to develop a hydrogen-based infrastructure.
The Latest on: Fuel cells
via Google News
The Latest on: Fuel cells
- India's October fuel demand marks first year-on-year gain in 8 monthson November 12, 2020 at 9:52 am
India's fuel consumption in October registered its first year-on-year increase since February, as slowing coronavirus cases and increased mobility accelerated an economic recovery, data showed on ...
- 3 Hydrogen Stocks to Buy for a Fuel Cell Futureon November 12, 2020 at 9:17 am
Stock Market News, Stock Advice & Trading Tips Are hydrogen stocks the next big thing to add to your portfolio? Bold ...
- Philadelphia’s 'hungry' cell and gene therapy companies seek more lab space, capital to fuel growth (Video)on November 12, 2020 at 8:56 am
Philadelphia has the potential to generate thousands of jobs and create dozens of new companies in the cell and gene therapy industry, but local CEOs say the region's lack of lab space, local capital ...
- Cummins and Navistar to Collaborate on Heavy-Duty Class 8 Truck Powered by Hydrogen Fuel Cellson November 11, 2020 at 11:13 am
Global power leader Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) will work together on the development of a class 8 ...
- Fuel Cell Cars: A Commercial Failure, IDTechEx Reportson November 11, 2020 at 9:16 am
The IDTechEx report "Advanced Electric Cars 2020–2040" forecasts fuel-cell cars globally through 2040, and finds they continue to be ...
- Hyundai commits to electrification and fuel cells with ten new models by 2022on November 11, 2020 at 8:00 am
South Korean automaker Hyundai is diving head-on towards electrification and hydrogen fuel cell technology. In a recent online press briefing, Hyundai was kind enough to give us a healthy glimpse ...
- Cummins, Navistar to develop hydrogen fuel cell-powered heavy truckon November 11, 2020 at 7:53 am
Cummins Inc. and Navistar International Corp. announced Wednesday a partnership to develop a heavy Class 8 truck powered by hydrogen fuel cells. The engine and engine parts makers said the project ...
- Team of Researchers Improves Fuel Cell Technologies to Exceed DOE Targetson November 10, 2020 at 7:23 am
A team of UCLA, Caltech, and Ford Motor Company researchers has improved fuel-cell technologies to exceed the US Department of Energy targets.
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Market Size growing at 8.2% CAGR to hit USD 450.7 million by 2025on November 10, 2020 at 4:10 am
Selbyville, Delaware, The next five years the Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFCs) market will register a 8.2% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach $ 450.7 million by 2025, from $ 329 ...
- Nikola Aims To Close GM Deal But Has Backup Battery, Fuel Cell Supplierson November 9, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Talks with General Motors over the planned partnership continue, and there are no updates on reviews by the SEC and DOJ.
via Bing News