Scientists at USC have developed a water-based organic battery that is long lasting, built from cheap, eco-friendly components.
The new battery – which uses no metals or toxic materials – is intended for use in power plants, where it can make the energy grid more resilient and efficient by creating a large-scale means to store energy for use as needed.
“The batteries last for about 5,000 recharge cycles, giving them an estimated 15-year lifespan,” said Sri Narayan, professor of chemistry at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and corresponding author of a paper describing the new batteries that was published online by the Journal of the Electrochemical Society on June 20. “Lithium ion batteries degrade after around 1,000 cycles, and cost 10 times more to manufacture.”
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
via Google News
The Latest on: Organic flow battery
- Forget Unilever: Procter & Gamble Is a Better Consumer Staples Stockon May 13, 2020 at 4:41 am
The international exposure of Unilever may be tempting for investors, but P&G is better equipped to withstand today's coronavirus-related headwinds.
- Integer Holdings Corp. (ITGR) CEO Joe Dziedzic on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcripton May 10, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Q1 2020 Results Conference Call May 07, 2020 05:00 PM ET Company Participants Tony Borowicz - SVP, Strategy, Business Develop ...
- Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR) CEO Alan Hoskins on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcripton May 9, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Q2 2020 Results Conference Call May 07, 2020 10:00 AM ET Company Participants Jackie Burwitz - Vice President, Investor Rela ...
- Energizer Holdings' (ENR) Q2 Earnings & Sales Beat Estimateson May 8, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Despite impressive second-quarter fiscal 2020 results driven by gains from buyouts and lower costs, management withdraws its fiscal view, given the unprecedented COVID-19 impacts.
- Organic batteries take another step closer to realityon May 5, 2020 at 5:47 am
One solution: Organic batteries, which are better for the environment and easier to synthesize, and one research team at York University in Toronto has developed a new molecule that can be used to ...
- First Cobalt Announces Positive Feasibility Study Results for Canadian Cobalt Refinery Expansionon May 4, 2020 at 7:54 am
Strong project economics and growing EV market support development of North America’s first battery-grade cobalt producer ...
- Future batteries, coming soon: Charge in seconds, last months and power over the airon April 20, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Harvard scientists have developed a battery that stores its energy in organic molecules dissolved in neutral pH water. The researchers say this new method will let the Flow battery last an ...
- The ‘Redox Flow’ Battery Poised to Solve the Electricity Storage Problemon April 14, 2020 at 2:11 pm
and anthraquinone disulfonic acid (AQDS), an organic material that is already used in existing redox flow batteries due to its stability and energy storage potential. This is the first time that the ...
- Redox flow batteries for $66/kWh from steel industry wasteon April 14, 2020 at 6:48 am
In January, an international group led by Spanish research center CIC EnergiGune said it was designing novel redox organic flow batteries. The researchers said their devices would offer longer ...
- The Growing Market of Redox Flow Battery Explained by IDTechExon April 13, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Because of the high vanadium electrolyte cost ($25/kg), and other technical limits, other flow batteries chemistry, like All-iron, Organic, Zinc/Bromine, and Hydrogen/Bromine, are promising to be ...
via Bing News