“If we are successful, we will have discovered a gold mine for drug discovery”
A study by the scientists Xavier Salvatella and Modesto Orozco at IRB Barcelona reveals the existence of information highways that connect and correlate distant sites within a single protein.
Published in Nature Communications, the article furthers a key theoretical field for drug discovery, as it would allow the discovery of many more drug binding sites in proteins of biomedical interest.
In addition to furthering the conceptual field, Salvatella is working with proteins of biomedical interest. “We already know enough to study in parallel the pathways of proteins of biomedical interest. If we are successful, we will have discovered a gold mine for drug discovery,” affirms the scientist.
The Latest on: Drug Discovery
via Google News
The Latest on: Drug Discovery
- Drug industry, ravaged communities seek opioids deal. That won't come easy - or end crisis.on October 30, 2019 at 6:10 pm
During the pretrial discovery process in Polster’s court, plaintiffs won access to a confidential Drug Enforcement Administration database known as ARCOS that tracked every pill manufactured and ...
- 'It’s a dead person': Drug cops' grim discovery on a Victorian beachon October 30, 2019 at 5:36 pm
By then he was in extremely poor mental and physical condition. The discovery of the body complicated things: the AFP had to temporarily cede control of the scene to Victoria Police’s homicide squad, ...
- Eurofins Discovery Elevates Its Impact in San Diego's Innovation Ecosystem by Enrolling as a Founding Sponsor of BioLabs, San Diegoon October 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
As a BioLabs founding sponsor Eurofins Discovery provides services and support for start-ups in San Diego to accelerate their early-stage drug discovery programs SAN DIEGO, Oct. 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ ...
- The Discovery Of Amgen's Novel Investigational KRAS(G12C) Inhibitor AMG 510 Published In Natureon October 30, 2019 at 5:02 pm
Discovery or identification of new product candidates or development of new indications ... Such product candidates are not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and no conclusions can or ...
- Experimental cancer drug that targets gene mutation can shrink tumourson October 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
An experimental drug can shrink tumours caused by a genetic mutation responsible ... Yet finding a way to target this protein has remained elusive since its discovery over 30 years ago. Canon and his ...
- Empowering drug discovery by evaluating antivirals in thousands of single cellson October 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Comparing a compound's signature to those of known drugs could help narrow down the drug's target—information that takes considerable follow-up research after a population-based study.
- A new approach to drug discoveryon October 29, 2019 at 4:38 pm
Pulse is filing to you from a nook in the Ritz-Carlton's bar, nestled between entrepreneurs pitching investors and health researchers self-administering doses of alcohol … Among Tuesday's big ideas: ...
- A New Method Could Revolutionize Drug Discoveryon October 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The pharmaceutical industry selects new drug candidates by screening a vast number of compounds, called libraries, and testing how they react to biological structures such as antibodies or proteins.
- Drug Discovery Technologies Market 2019 Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Competitive, Regional Analysis with Global Industry Forecast To 2024on October 25, 2019 at 6:31 am
The scope also covers competitive overview providing company market shares along with company profiles for major revenue contributing companies. Drug Discovery Technology marketplace is rapidly ...
- Drug Discovery Informatics Market Size 2019 Share, Demand, Growth and Forecast By 2024on October 24, 2019 at 7:07 am
Oct 24, 2019 (Heraldkeepers) -- New York, October 24, 2019: The drug discovery is the method in which new applicant medications are discovered. Drug discovery informatics is used in many fields such ...
via Bing News