A team of computer scientists from the University of Lincoln, UK, is co-organising an international workshop on recent advances in agricultural robotics.
Academics from the Lincoln Centre for Autonomous Systems (L-CAS) will be attending the 13th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS-13) from 15th to 19th July, 2014.
Recent results confirm that robots, machines and systems are rapidly achieving intelligence and autonomy, mastering more and more capabilities such as mobility and manipulation, sensing and perception, reasoning and decision making.
The Series of International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS) founded in 1986 is one of the major events summarising this trend.
As part of this year’s conference Lincoln scientists will be running a workshop with the aim of bringing together both academic and industrial communities to discuss recent advances in robotic applications for agriculture and horticulture.
The world’s rapidly growing population brings new challenges for global food security.
To meet the future demand for more, cheaper and better quality food, new and innovative solutions and improvements to current agricultural practices are required.
Agricultural robotics is one of the promising technological solutions for addressing these problems.
Dr Grzegorz Cielniak, senior lecturer in the School of Computer Science, said: “The workshop will provide a forum to present the state-of-the-art technical solutions in agricultural robotics and new exciting robotics platforms, but also to encourage future collaborations between the participants.
“Recent examples have shown agricultural robotics autonomously performing a number of different agricultural tasks, from monitoring soil and crop properties and harvesting fruit in orchards, to mechanical weeders eliminating the need for herbicides to produce affordable, safer food. Using teams of small specialised agricultural robots instead of the currently used heavy machinery can result in lower soil compaction leading to energy savings, but also in more robust systems in the case of technical failures. The number of potential new applications is enormous.”
The Latest on: Agricultural robotics
via Google News
The Latest on: Agricultural robotics
- Service Robotics Market Trends, Key Players, Overview, Competitive Breakdown and Regional Forecast by 2025on January 24, 2020 at 9:30 am
New York, January 24, 2020: Service robots are the absolutely self reliant systems which have the ability to perform the services without or with human help. They are utilized in distinctive sectors ...
- Global Robotics Market and Volume (Industrial and Service Robotics), Key Players Analysis - Forecast to 2025on January 23, 2020 at 4:23 am
The Global Robotics Market was valued at around US$ 34 Billion in 2019 and the market is expected to register a double digit CAGR over the forecast period of 2020 - 2025. The market for robotics is ...
- Fostering collaboration in agricultural robotics, Naïo Tech outlines the unexpectedon January 22, 2020 at 7:15 pm
To do that, the first step is helping aging farmers and the next step is showing them how to be more efficient." Naïo Technologies "is convinced that agricultural robots are the solution to improved ...
- Unearth the future of agriculture at TC Sessions: Robotics+AI with the CEOs of Traptic, FarmWise and Pykaon January 22, 2020 at 9:11 am
Learn about the cutting edge (sometimes literally) of agricultural robots at TC Sessions: Robotics+AI on March 3 with the founders of Traptic, Pyka and FarmWise. Traptic, and its co-founder and CEO ...
- Global Commercial Service Robot Market Forecasts to 2025 - Key Players are Northrop Grumman, KUKA, Kongsberg Maritime, Intuitive Surgical, and Parroton January 22, 2020 at 5:30 am
/PRNewswire/ -- The "Commercial Service Robot Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
- China looks to robots, big data to drive agriculture forwardon January 22, 2020 at 2:44 am
China wants robots and big data to drive the rural revival, according to a digital agriculture plan released Monday. Why it matters: The Xi Jinping leadership has vowed to bridge China’s urban-rural ...
- Commercial Service Robot Market Insights & Forecast, 2020-2025on January 21, 2020 at 5:25 pm
The "Commercial Service Robot Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2020-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global commercial service robot market is expected to grow ...
- The global commercial service robot market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 14% during the period 2019-2025on January 20, 2020 at 11:37 am
The global commercial service robot market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 14% during the period 2019–2025. The global commercial service robot market is undergoing several transformations. The ...
- Agricultural Robots Industry Report 2019-2025 - Development of Autonomous Robotic Systems Will Provide Lucrative Opportunitieson January 17, 2020 at 1:23 am
Dublin, Jan. 17, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Agricultural Robots Market By Application, By Technology, By Geography - Global Forecast up to 2025" report ...
- AI and robots could be the future of agriculture — Strictly Robotson January 16, 2020 at 1:53 pm
Mashable is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Powered by its own proprietary technology, Mashable is the go-to source for tech, digital culture and entertainment content for ...
via Bing News