Every day thousands of people around the world have their lives saved or improved thanks to someone giving blood.
But imagine how many more lives could be saved if a long-lasting blood substitute could be found, which could easily be stored at room temperature and available to all patients, regardless of their blood type.
This is the challenge a team of scientists at Essex are hoping to overcome with their Haem02 project to develop a one-size-fits-all, third generation artificial blood substitute.
The Latest on: Blood substitute
via Google News
The Latest on: Blood substitute
- Global Blood Substitute Industry Professional Market Analysis by 2020-2025on June 28, 2020 at 7:09 pm
This report also researches and evaluates the impact of Covid 19 outbreak on the Blood Substitute industry involving potential opportunity and challenges drivers and risks We present the impact ...
- How to … use healthy baking substituteson June 25, 2020 at 6:33 pm
However, using healthy foods you may already have in your pantry as substitutes in your favourite desserts is far easier than you may think. Plus, they could save you a run down to the shops the next ...
- Looking for a coffee substitute? Try THIS caffeine free chole aka chickpea coffeeon June 22, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Are you a caffeine addict and trying to cut down on the number of coffees that you drink every day? Then you should try this recipe which is a ...
- 5 Natural And Healthy Substitutes For Sugaron June 22, 2020 at 5:39 am
There are some natural substitutes for sugar which are less harmful but should still be consumed in limited quantities to reap their benefits.
- Sirakoss scores FDA nod for nanoparticle synthetic bone graft substituteon June 18, 2020 at 3:30 pm
LONDON – Sirakoss Ltd. has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its nanoparticle synthetic bone graft substitute, after showing the ready-to-use putty is equivalent to the CE-approved dry formulation.
- COVID-19 doesn’t stop local blood donoron June 12, 2020 at 7:05 am
Barbara Handorf never stopped donating platelets during the stay-at-home time of the COVID-19 pandemic and on June 4 at the Dayton CBC ...
- Crab Blood Can Save Your Life, but Not the Synthetic Stuffon June 4, 2020 at 8:40 am
The United States Pharmacopoeia Convention (USP) was expected to approve a synthetic horseshoe crab blood substitute that would be listed alongside the real thing in the protocols scientists use ...
- Horseshoe crab blood to remain big pharma's standard as industry group rejects substituteon May 30, 2020 at 8:40 pm
The copper-rich blue blood of the horseshoe crab has long been ... US group ditched a plan to give equal status to a synthetic substitute pushed by Swiss biotech Lonza and animal welfare groups.
- Drugs Standards Group Nixes Plan to Kick Pharma's Crab Blood Habiton May 29, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Horseshoe crabs' icy-blue blood will remain the drug industry's standard for safety tests after a powerful U.S. group ditched a plan to give equal status to a synthetic substitute pushed by Swiss ...
- Type 2 diabetes: The herbal drink shown to significantly lower blood sugar levelson May 26, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Luckily, healthy lifestyle adjustments are an effective substitute for insulin production and certain items have been shown to mimic the effects of insulin on blood sugar levels. Research has even ...
via Bing News