The modern image of Detroit is of a city that’s falling apart. But it’s easy to forget how quickly it’s happening before our eyes.
Earlier this year, hundreds of workers drove down Detroit streets block by block, mapping out every abandoned home, decaying factory, and trash-filled vacant lot. They counted nearly 85,000 blighted parcels; just tearing the buildings down will cost $2 billion.
Thanks to an unending public appetite for ruin porn, these numbers aren’t necessarily surprising. The modern image of Detroit is of a city that’s falling apart. But it’s easy to forget how quickly things have changed. One Detroiter decided to turn to Google Street View and Bing Maps to show how blocks keep evolving in the GooBing Detroit Tumblr, with side-by-side views of the same street in different years.
The Latest on: Urban decay
via Google News
The Latest on: Urban decay
- Redlining: How racist policy from a 1930s program has left scars still visible in today's Des Moineson June 25, 2020 at 6:47 am
In some Des Moines neighborhoods, lower home values persist decades after the start of a federal program that discouraged loans for Black home buyers.
- Beauty fans are loving Aldi’s new makeup range saying they’re bargain dupes for designers like Nars and Urban Decayon June 24, 2020 at 7:37 am
CALLING all beauty fans! Aldi has launched a new range of make-up and people are saying they are bargain replicas of brands like Nars and Urban Decay. If you are looking to stock up your make-up ...
- Urban Decay has launched on Asos – here’s what we loveon June 24, 2020 at 12:30 am
Urban Decay has launched on Asos, and we couldn’t be more excited. It’s now easier than ever to pick up your favourites on your Asos shopping spree, with ...
- Urban Decay names actress Camila Mendes as new face of the brandon June 23, 2020 at 9:00 am
Only last week did we share the news that Urban Decay was launching a hot new NAKED palette, this week we hear Camila Mendes is going to be a face for the brand. And she’s not alone in the campaign, ...
- Urban Decay's Latest Naked Palette Is Leaving Us in a Purple Hazeon June 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Even if you aren’t tuned into the beauty world, chances are you’ve probably owned at least one variation of an Urban Decay Naked Palette at some point. The classic neutral and golden tones of the ...
- Normani Is The Face Of Urban Decay’s Newest Naked Paletteon June 22, 2020 at 10:33 am
Following her appointment as the first Fenty brand ambassador, Normani has been named one of Urban Decay's newest global citizens. Alongside Riverdale's Camila Mendes and singer G.E.M., the trio are ...
- Normani and Camila Mendes named Urban Decay's newest Global Citizenson June 22, 2020 at 6:29 am
Normani and Camila Mendes have been unveiled as Urban Decay's newest Global Citizens. The 24-year-old music star and 25-year-old Riverdale actress, along with singer G.E.M, partnered with the ...
- Normani Tapped As New Urban Decay Global Citizen And Campaign Spokespersonon June 18, 2020 at 3:24 pm
Singer Normani has been tapped as one of Urban Decay's newest Global Citizens and as an ambassador for its 'Pretty Different' campaign.
- Urban Decay's Naked Ultraviolet Palette Is the Franchise's Coolest Addition Yeton June 18, 2020 at 8:21 am
Even if you don't even really like makeup, you know what a Naked Palette is — that's just how prolific Urban Decay's franchise of neutral-toned eye shadow palettes is. Since its debut in 2010, the ...
- Normani Nabs Urban Decay Deal, Dazzles In Commercial [Video]on June 18, 2020 at 7:03 am
Normani may be hard at work on her long-awaited album debut, but she's remaining center-stage by of an exciting new partnership with Urban Decay. Details and commercial below... The 'Motivation' hitm ...
via Bing News