Scientists from the University of Granada and the Spanish National Research Council—members of the SCImago research group—have found that, worldwide, there are three major ‘clusters’ of countries, defined by the thematic areas they investigate and that their governments invest in most.
The study, published in Plos One, analysed the scientific production of more than 80 countries over more than 10 years (1996-2006)
They conclude that the first cluster is made up of Western Europe, together with the USA, Canada and the petrol-rich Arab Emirates. Together, they form the Biomedical cluster, which is characterized by its democratic regimes. The governments of these countries understand that research into health has electoral benefits because it improves the quality of life of their citizens, says Victor Herrero-Solana, Professor of Information and Communication at the University of Granada and one of the authors.
The Latest on: Worldwide research
via Google News
The Latest on: Worldwide research
- 5G IoT Market Positive Outlook By 2026: Growing prevalence of IoT devices worldwide is the main factor boosting the unbelievable growthon January 24, 2020 at 11:07 pm
SEOUL, South Korea, Jan. 23, 2020 -- Data Bridge Market research has recently released expansive research on Global 5G IoT Market with 100+ market data Tables, Pie Chart,.
- Drainage Catheter Market Size 2020 Global Industry Share, Demand, Top Players, Industry Size, Future Growth By 2024 : Research Reports Worldon January 24, 2020 at 1:06 am
Drainage Catheter Market 2020 Global Industry Research report 2020 covers a detailed study of the Drainage Catheter Market size, growth, and share, trends, consumption, segments, application and ...
- Microfluidic Element Market Global Trend 2020, Worldwide Research News and Emerging Growth Opportunity 2026on January 23, 2020 at 10:37 pm
Latest Trends Report On Global Microfluidic Element Market 2020 with Upcoming Industry Trends, Size, Share, Top Companies Profiles, Growth Report and Forecast By 2026. Microfluidic Element Marketis a ...
- Pfizer Vaccines Launches Global Centers of Excellence Network to Conduct Real-World Research on Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Affecting Adultson January 23, 2020 at 10:08 am
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced today the launch of its Vaccines Division’s Centers of Excellence Network, a global program of collaborations with academic institutions to conduct real-world ...
- Five of the World’s Biggest Central Banks Unite to Research Digital Currencieson January 23, 2020 at 6:00 am
Bitcoin represents a small fraction of the world’s money, even combined with all the other ... Still, alongside continued research, some are closer to implementation than others. Perhaps. But there ...
- Cannabis Market Size Outlook 2026; An Incredible Marijuana (CBD) Industry Research That Works Worldwide!on January 23, 2020 at 4:02 am
Factual figures are obtained through trusted sources. The data provided in this report is gathered through opinions and interviews of world leaders and experienced market research professionals.
- World Economic Forum research: It's easier to get ahead in Canada than in the U.S.on January 21, 2020 at 1:22 pm
According to a new publication by researchers at the World Economic Forum in Davos, it’s easier to get ahead in Canada and achieve the American Dream than it is in the U.S. The Global Social Mobility ...
- A third of the world's poorest teenage girls have never been to school, UN research sayson January 21, 2020 at 11:59 am
Children's charity Unicef has urged policymakers at the World Economic Forum to address the education spending gap, after it found 30% of the world's poorest teenage girls have never been to school.
- World's Largest Culinary Tourism Market Research Report Helps Destinations To Leverage The Power Of Food Tourismon January 21, 2020 at 4:33 am
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the World Food Travel Association (WFTA) announced the release of its 2020 Food Travel Monitor, the world's newest and largest study ever published on food ...
- World's 2,153 billionaires hold more wealth than poorest 4.6 billion combined: researchon January 20, 2020 at 5:13 am
The world's 2,153 billionaires control more wealth than the poorest 4.6 billion people combined who comprise 60 percent of the globe's population, according to a new report from Oxfam.The report also ...
via Bing News