When cost-effectiveness puts high demands on airport operations, Saab’s Remote Tower is exactly what airports need in order to stay competitive and to reduce cost.
Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) worldwide are trying to reduce the cost of providing ATS without affecting safety or operational availability. Remote Towers will not only help this happen but it will also introduce a never before seen level of flexibility that allows service levels to be enhanced.
This may result in smaller airports remaining open for longer or even keeping some regional airports open that otherwise would have been forced to close due to high costs. At some locations, it has been shown that the Remote Tower Regional Airport Solution can enable ANSPs to increase efficiency by up to 60%.
The Latest on: Air Traffic Control
via Google News
The Latest on: Air Traffic Control
- Forewarning: Forecast years growth analysis of VHF Station for Air Ground Communication Marketon November 27, 2020 at 10:29 pm
Check out How COVID-19 impact on the VHF Station for Air Ground Communication Market. Click here to Connect with Analyst @ There has been an exponential rise in the air traffic since past decade due ...
- FAA supports first 'mass air shipment' of Covid-19 vaccineon November 27, 2020 at 7:38 pm
The Federal Aviation Administration says it has supported "the first mass air shipment" of a Covid-19 vaccine.
- US air traffic on Thanksgiving Eve was the highest it's been since the beginning of the pandemicon November 27, 2020 at 5:11 am
More than 1 million people passed through TSA checkpoints on Wednesday, even as health authorities urged Americans not to travel for the holiday.
- Nav Canada warns air traffic controllers that job cuts are coming as pandemic crushes revenueon November 26, 2020 at 5:54 pm
Air traffic controllers are being warned that layoffs are coming as Nav Canada pursues a "full restructuring" in response to a revenue slump caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, CBC News has learned.
- Video: Time-lapse video shows SFO air traffic before Thanksgivingon November 25, 2020 at 4:54 pm
Although CDC officials recommend not traveling for the holidays, many take to the skies before Thanksgiving as officials report transportation hubs have been the busiest since the middle of March, ...
- Fort McMurray airport could lose air traffic controllers as NAV Canada begins reviewon November 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Fort McMurray could see local air traffic controllers replaced as NAV Canada, a private entity tasked with operating Canada's civil air navigation ...
- A positive coronavirus test forces some John Wayne Airport air traffic controllers to quarantineon November 24, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Through Nov. 29, there will only be two controllers working in the tower at a time, which is a reduction when compared to the six that typically man the tower at its busiest points in the day.
- Heavy US air traffic reported ahead of Thanksgivingon November 24, 2020 at 4:50 pm
This footage from the flight-tracking website shows the skies filled on Monday, November 23, from 6 am to 12 pm EST.
- Masse fights removal of air traffic control tower from Windsor Airporton November 24, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Windsor West MP Brian Masse is demanding the government axe “detrimental plans” to remove the air traffic control tower from. Th ...
- Nav Canada reviewing Regina's air traffic control tower serviceon November 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
Canada’s air navigation agency is putting Regina’s airport under review to decide whether it will move from air traffic control to a lower level of service. Nav Canada advised the Regina airport on ...
via Bing News