When cost-effectiveness puts high demands on airport operations, Saab’s Remote Tower is exactly what airports need in order to stay competitive and to reduce cost.
Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) worldwide are trying to reduce the cost of providing ATS without affecting safety or operational availability. Remote Towers will not only help this happen but it will also introduce a never before seen level of flexibility that allows service levels to be enhanced.
This may result in smaller airports remaining open for longer or even keeping some regional airports open that otherwise would have been forced to close due to high costs. At some locations, it has been shown that the Remote Tower Regional Airport Solution can enable ANSPs to increase efficiency by up to 60%.
The Latest on: Air Traffic Control
via Google News
The Latest on: Air Traffic Control
- Video: Time-lapse video shows SFO air traffic before Thanksgivingon November 25, 2020 at 7:05 pm
Although CDC officials recommend not traveling for the holidays, many take to the skies before Thanksgiving as officials report transportation hubs have been the busiest since the middle of March, ...
- NAV Canada considers air traffic control cuts in Reginaon November 25, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Regina is one of seven airports where air traffic controller jobs might be eliminated. According to James Bogusz, the CEO of the Regina Airport Authority, NAV Canada looks for a threshold of ...
- A positive coronavirus test forces some John Wayne Airport air traffic controllers to quarantineon November 24, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Through Nov. 29, there will only be two controllers working in the tower at a time, which is a reduction when compared to the six that typically man the tower at its busiest points in the day.
- Heavy US air traffic reported ahead of Thanksgivingon November 24, 2020 at 4:50 pm
This footage from the flight-tracking website shows the skies filled on Monday, November 23, from 6 am to 12 pm EST.
- Masse fights removal of air traffic control tower from Windsor Airporton November 24, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Windsor West MP Brian Masse is demanding the government axe “detrimental plans” to remove the air traffic control tower from. Th ...
- Nav Canada studying cutting air traffic controllers at 7 towers across Canadaon November 24, 2020 at 10:28 am
NAV Canada, hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, is considering cutting air traffic controllers jobs at seven towers across Canada in an effort to save money as the global health crisis continues to ...
- Nav Canada reviewing Regina's air traffic control tower serviceon November 24, 2020 at 3:12 am
Canada’s air navigation agency is putting Regina’s airport under review to decide whether it will move from air traffic control to a lower level of service. Nav Canada advised the Regina airport on ...
- Air traffic control study results for three airports due in April 2021on November 23, 2020 at 9:23 am
The results of a study into whether New Plymouth Airport will lose its manned air traffic control are due back in April next year.
- Air Traffic Management Market Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysison November 18, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Moreover, airports invest in construction of new air traffic control (ATC) towers to increase its ability of control more aircraft traffic. For instance, Kolkata airport (an airport in West Bengal, ...
- Voice Recorder Emulator for VoIP Air Traffic Controlon November 12, 2020 at 8:22 am
See the product announcement newsletter: ] “All over the world, Air Traffic Management (ATM) networks are undergoing a transition from legacy TDM-based communications to Voice over IP (VoIP) for more ...
via Bing News