“The true significance of this security approach is its potential proactive defense capability. Conventional security systems scan for known attack patterns, which is reactive. Our anomaly detection based on enforcing benign properties in network traffic is a clear departure from that,”
Cybercrime comes in all forms these days. One recent headline told of the creepware or silent computer snooping that resulted in the arrest of some 90 people in 19 countries. Miss Teen USA was among the victims. Her computer had been turned into a camera and used to spy on her in her own bedroom.
On the commercial front, Target suffered the largest retail hack in U.S. history during the Christmas shopping season of 2013, and now the Fortune 500 company’s outlook is bleak with steep drops in profits.
The work effectively isolates infected computer hosts and detects in advance stealthy malware also known as malicious software.
The Latest on: Cyber security
via Google News
The Latest on: Cyber security
- 74th Independence Day | India to get cybersecurity policy soon: PM Modion August 15, 2020 at 2:29 am
The announcement comes against the backdrop of an increasing number of warnings of cybersecurity attacks from India’s neighbouring countries — Pakistan and China.
- India to get new, ‘robust’ cyber security policy soon, says PM Modion August 15, 2020 at 1:41 am
The policy will enable protection of information, safeguard citizen’s data, and work on cracking down on 'misinformation being spread'.
- POWER PLAYERS: Meet the 15 execs at Mastercard driving an ambitious push into new businesses built on cybersecurity and selling dataon August 14, 2020 at 6:55 am
The coronavirus pandemic has been a challenge for Mastercard and its peers. But the card giant has big plans around cyber and data.
- Friends University poised to meet increased demand for cyber security after Covid-19on August 14, 2020 at 3:00 am
"We just need to make sure that we're educating the individuals as much as we're securing the technology," says Jonathan Lanning.
- ADSS Cyber Security Partners with Comodo to Transition from MSP to MSSPon August 13, 2020 at 7:43 am
Comodo and ADSS Cyber Security today announced their strategic partnership. ADSS Cyber Security, a provider of managed security, cybersecurity consulting, cyber intelligence and security awareness tra ...
- Is Amazon Alexa Safe? Cybersecurity Researchers Uncover Serious Privacy Issueson August 13, 2020 at 6:24 am
Check Point published a report detailing "vulnerabilities found on Amazon's Alexa," including a hacker's access to the user's voice history and personal information.
- The Cybersecurity 202: The TikTok ban is just a proxy battle in the U.S.-China tech waron August 13, 2020 at 5:39 am
Does President Trump’s plan to ban TikTok over national security concerns seem a little over the top for an app where teenagers share silly dance videos? Think about it as a proxy battle in an ...
- Navigating The Top Five Marketing Challenges Of The Cybersecurity Industryon August 13, 2020 at 5:36 am
Finding the right balance between being on trend with marketing tools and techniques while staying on point with the privacy demands of security professionals can be difficult.
- TicTac Data Recovery & Cyber Security Partners with Comodo to Stop Ransomware with Auto Containment Technologyon August 12, 2020 at 9:25 am
TicTac Data Recovery & Cyber Security partners with Comodo to stop ransomware with advanced endpoint protection and auto containment technology. Hear more from the largest data recovery company in ...
- Cybersecurity: These two basic flaws make it easy for hackers to break into your systemson August 12, 2020 at 8:36 am
Hackers can gain access to the internal networks of corporations by exploiting two security failings in as little as 30 minutes. Ethical hackers and cybersecurity researchers at Positive Technologies ...
via Bing News