“The true significance of this security approach is its potential proactive defense capability. Conventional security systems scan for known attack patterns, which is reactive. Our anomaly detection based on enforcing benign properties in network traffic is a clear departure from that,”
Cybercrime comes in all forms these days. One recent headline told of the creepware or silent computer snooping that resulted in the arrest of some 90 people in 19 countries. Miss Teen USA was among the victims. Her computer had been turned into a camera and used to spy on her in her own bedroom.
On the commercial front, Target suffered the largest retail hack in U.S. history during the Christmas shopping season of 2013, and now the Fortune 500 company’s outlook is bleak with steep drops in profits.
The work effectively isolates infected computer hosts and detects in advance stealthy malware also known as malicious software.
The Latest on: Cyber security
via Google News
The Latest on: Cyber security
- Balancing cybersecurity and user productivityon August 10, 2020 at 2:58 am
As we approach a fall semester that most probably is going to continue to be, at least in part, a virtual experience for many of us, there are many issues for information technology managers to ...
- Cybersecurity Spending To Reach $123B In 2020on August 9, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Cloud-based delivery models are 12% of all cybersecurity deployments and are a pivotal factor in how resilient spending continues to be in this market.
- Why StoredTech decided to partner with Reg Harnish's new cybersecurity startupon August 7, 2020 at 12:56 pm
StoredTech has been one of the region's fastest-growing companies for several years, but CEO and founder Mark Shaw felt he had one big area of concern: cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity Training? Try the Carrot Instead of the Stickon August 7, 2020 at 10:44 am
If your employees don’t use proper security behaviors, it’s because they’re not motivated. Elevate Security co-founder Masha Sedova laid out a new kind of training plan for security scofflaws.
- The Cybersecurity 202: Trump’s government is working to protect mail voting while Trump attacks iton August 7, 2020 at 5:49 am
As President Trump attacks mail voting, his administration is working to ensure it runs smoothly. An 11- page assessment of mail voting risks released by the Department of Homeland Security's ...
- Aviation Cyber Security Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis 2020 Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth By 2026on August 7, 2020 at 2:37 am
The Aviation Cyber Security Market report upholds the future market predictions related to Aviation Cyber Security market size, revenue, production, Consumption, gross margin and other substantial ...
- New index shows proactive cybersecurity measures outpaced reactive in Q2on August 6, 2020 at 1:45 pm
Amid the extreme challenges cybersecurity teams experienced in the second quarter of 2020, a newly released business-activity index shows ...
- Capital One Bank Hit With $80 Million Fine Over Cybersecurity Issues, Hacking Incidenton August 6, 2020 at 1:09 pm
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) said on Thursday that it slapped an $80 million fine against Capital One Bank related to a data breach incident from 2019 that ...
- Energy execs tell Senate cybersecurity has become crucialon August 6, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Foreign hackers infiltrating U.S. electric and gas infrastructure has long been a concern of intelligence officials and lawmakers.
- The Cybersecurity 202: Election security officials sound confident about Novemberon August 6, 2020 at 5:23 am
Election security officials are confident they made key changes to make in-person voting safer in November. But lawmakers are farther apart than ever on how best to protect the election that’s just ...
via Bing News