Mass production of industrial goods, such as furniture, clothing or ball pens, is inexpensive. In the future, even small series of individualized products might be manufactured rapidly and efficiently by means of intelligent machines that communicate with each other.
To this end, researchers of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) coordinate the SkillPro EU research project that is aimed at finding innovative solutions to considerably reduce changeover times in the production process.
Having completed one order, manufacture of any new product ordered mostly requires a modification of the production process. When manufacturing small series, preparation, setup, and programming of the machine park often take much longer than manufacture proper. “Machines equipped with additional intelligence and communicating with each other are expected to significantly reduce the changeover time,” says engineer Thomas Maier, Managing Director of KIT’s Institute for Information Management in Engineering (IMI). A machine equipped with camera sensors, for instance, can recognize any workpiece even in case of changing products. Having examined the workpiece’s shape and position, the machine can decide how to apply its gripper or suction caps and where to place the workpiece. Depending on the product, machines having gripping, welding, or bonding skills can determine their next task or production step. They “communicate” with neighboring machines and know whether they have to ask for a mobile robot to transport the product to the next workstation or the shipping department of the company.
The Latest on: Intelligent Machines
via Google News
The Latest on: Intelligent Machines
- Intelligent battery chargers from Machine Marton January 10, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Machine Mart has introduced two new Intelligent Battery Chargers. The Clarke IBC25 12/24v Intelligent Battery Charger is a heavy-duty charger suitable for all types of 12V & 24V lead-acid batteries.
- NXP Debuts i.MX Applications Processor with Neural Processing Unit for Advanced Machine Learningon January 10, 2020 at 9:17 am
With the combination of Cortex-A53 cores and NPU, edge devices will be able to make intelligent decisions locally by learning and inferring inputs with little or no human intervention. The range of ...
- Global Intelligent Process Automation Market Drivers, Restraints & Opportunities During the Forecast Period, 2019-2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.comon January 10, 2020 at 7:41 am
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Intelligent Process Automation Market Outlook and Projections ... The deployment of artificial intelligence technologies like machine learning, automation and ...
- Intelligent Cash Deposit Machine Market research to Hold a High Potential for Growth by 2018 – 2028on January 10, 2020 at 6:02 am
VALLEY COTTAGE, N.Y. – Rising preference for card-less ATM transactions is the prominent factor driving the growth of the intelligent cash deposit machine market. Financial institutions and individual ...
- Video Analytics, ISR And Intelligent Video Surveillance Americas Market Outlook and Growth Stance Forecasted Through 2020on January 10, 2020 at 1:41 am
By the end of 2014, the North America & Latin America markets for Object Recognition, Video Analytics, Intelligent Video Surveillance & ISR products and services will command 47% of the global market.
- Innolux integrates Himax-Emza intelligent human sensing technology into displayson January 9, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Emza Visual Sense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Himax. WiseEye intelligent vision solution is based on Emza's Sense AI-based machine-learning trainable algorithms, on top of Himax's computer vision ...
- Intelligent automation to hit ‘tipping point’ in 2020on January 8, 2020 at 8:03 pm
The uptake of intelligent automation technologies will result in the ... web-based robotic process automation (RPA) platforms and machine learning technologies that understand the written word and ...
- Intelligent Process Automation Market Business Opportunity And Future Growth Analysis Report 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.on January 8, 2020 at 3:56 am
The global intelligent process automation market size is expected to reach USD 17.5 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 16.9% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new report by Grand View ...
- LG Launches AI-powered LG ThinQ Front-load Washing Machine At CES 2020on January 7, 2020 at 4:48 pm
LG Electronics has introduced a new smart solution for homeowners, which it describes as its most advanced innovation in laundry. The new LG ThinQ front-load washing machine uses an Artificial ...
- IntelAgree Recognized for Microsoft's Intelligent Cloud Awards 2019on January 7, 2020 at 10:02 am
IntelAgree, a software-as-a-service contract management platform, and AgileThought were named as a 2019 AI and Machine Learning Partner of the Year Award finalist.
via Bing News