Human error is the culprit in 93 percent of automobile crashes — including the pileup last weekend that left Tracy Morgan in critical condition, caused, prosecutors say, by a truck driver who had been awake for 24 hours.
Robots, on the other hand, don’t need to sleep. Nor do they get drunk or distracted by cellphones. That is why Marc Andreessen, the venture capitalist, wrote on Twitter about the accident, with his usual bravado, “
Self-driving cars and trucks are a moral imperative.”
How much safer would driving be if robots replaced humans on the roads?
The Latest on: Self-driving cars
via Google News
The Latest on: Self-driving cars
- Kia developing 800-volt charging technology for its future electric carson May 13, 2020 at 7:04 am
Porsche-grade technology will trickle down to the Kia range during the 2020s. The South Korean company is planning to launch no less than 11 electric cars globally by 2025, and it confirmed some will ...
- Uber's self-driving car business may be at risk of shutting down as consolidation in the space ramps up, analyst predictson May 13, 2020 at 6:48 am
Neither Apple nor Uber has appeared to make much progress in developing the technology for self-driving cars, said research analyst Sam Abuelsamid.
- See How Legendary Williams F1 Is Bringing Electric Battery Expertise To Road Carson May 13, 2020 at 6:12 am
World leader in cutting-edge electric battery technology, Williams Advanced Engineering is taking its expertise to the Lotus Evija, Singer DLS and Formula E, as well as making COVID-19 medical ...
- Fiat 500 and Jeep® Wrangler Named Among 10 Best Cars for Recent College Graduates by Autotraderon May 13, 2020 at 2:30 am
Fiat 500 earns praise for its ease to park, fun styling and affordability 2012-2017 Jeep® Wrangler earns a spot with its well-deserved reputation as an off-road icon FCA is one of two automakers with ...
- Waymo raises another $750 million for its self-driving car technology amid the coronavirus pandemicon May 12, 2020 at 11:42 am
Waymo has now raised a total of $3 billion from external investors.
- This Was Supposed to Be the Year Driverless Cars Went Mainstreamon May 12, 2020 at 9:06 am
Perfecting the technology has taken longer than expected. The coronavirus pandemic has made it even more difficult.
- The Vaunted ‘Murder Hornet’ Could Ominously Be Spread By The Advent Of AI Self-Driving Carson May 11, 2020 at 8:26 am
And in case you are staying awake at night, worrying yourself sick about the invading murderous hornets, this headline might help you get some sleep: · Praying Mantises Will Save Us All From ‘Murder ...
- Waymo self-driving cars hit the road again in Phoenixon May 8, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Waymo paused its operations back in March as the coronavirus pandemic began to take shape. Those residing in the metro Phoenix area will once again start to see Waymo's self-driving vehicles hitting ...
- Waymo puts its self-driving cars back on Arizona roads as lockdown is easedon May 7, 2020 at 10:15 pm
As Arizona plans to gradually ease its lockdown rules, Waymo is planning to return its self-driving cars to the streets of Phoenix on Monday, May 11.
- Silicon Valley self-driving car unicorn could be reaching the end of the roadon May 7, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Self-driving car #unicorn @Zoox could be reaching the end of its road, seeking a buyer even as it fights for funding. #startup #siliconvalley ...
via Bing News