In an important development for the health of elderly people, University of Liverpool researchers have developed a new method to target bone growth.
As people age their bones lose density and, especially in women after the menopause, become more brittle. The new method developed by researchers from the University’s Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease offers the possibility of more effective treatment than currently available.
Professor Jonathan Jarvis of Liverpool John Moores University designed miniature muscle pacemakers that were used in the University of Liverpool labs to produce contractions in the muscles of the legs of rats over 28 days.
The Latest on: Bone health
via Google News
The Latest on: Bone health
- Dear Dr. Roach: Balancing bone health and breast cancer riskon May 13, 2020 at 2:00 am
I just read your column about Fosamax and wondered what you thought about Evista (raloxifene). I have been on it for 13 or 14 years because both ...
- Bone health declining in U.S. adults with and without prediabeteson May 12, 2020 at 10:12 am
The bone health of adults older than 40 years of age is declining for individuals both with normal glucose regulation and prediabetes, according to a study recently published in Diabetes Care.
- Children With HIV Receiving ART May Have Deficits in Bone Architecture and Strengthon May 12, 2020 at 8:15 am
Children living with HIV demonstrate deficits in bone architecture and reductions in bone strength, compared with uninfected children.
- Coalition of bone health experts issue joint guidance on managing osteoporosis in the COVID-19 eraon May 7, 2020 at 12:36 pm
The Endocrine Society joined a coalition of leading bone health organizations to release guidance for healthcare professionals treating patients with osteoporosis in the era of COVID-19.
- Trial questions benefits of organic nitrates for bone healthon May 6, 2020 at 12:55 am
Several clinical trials have reported beneficial effects of organic nitrates on bone health, which could lead to a reduced risk of fractures. Some of these trials have been retracted because of ...
- Europe Bone Health Supplements Market Overview and Scope 2020 to 2025on April 28, 2020 at 10:49 am
The leading manufacturers of Bone Health Supplements are currently implementing technologically advanced production processes to increase production efficacy and optimize product offerings. The ...
- Europe Bone Health Supplements Market Overview and Scope 2020 to 2025on April 28, 2020 at 12:52 am
The leading manufacturers of Bone Health Supplements are currently implementing technologically advanced production processes to increase production efficacy and optimize product offerings.
- Should everyone be taking vitamin D?on April 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Vitamin D is said to help stave off fatigue, depression and even cancer. But some experts argue that for people with healthy levels, supplements are not helpful. What’s the reality? As many ...
- Bone Health Comparison in Seven Asian Countries Using Calcaneal Ultrasoundon April 14, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Several studies have now shown that QUS at peripheral sites can be used as a screening tool to assess bone health. [8,14,17,20,21] Speed-of-sound measurements at the calcaneus can identify persons ...
- May National Osteoporosis Month 2020 Provide a Clear Vision to Achieving Good Bone Healthon April 14, 2020 at 6:25 am
It's essential to consume a healthy diet, including calcium and vitamin D — the two most important nutrients for bone health. In addition, it is imperative to do weight-bearing and ...
via Bing News