This growing season, crop researchers at the University of Illinois are experimenting with the use of drones – unmanned aerial vehicles – on the university’s South Farms.
Bowman intentionally made mistakes on one test plot – “areas where we didn’t apply enough nitrogen fertilizer, where we simulated mistakes in the applicator, where we shut the boom off for a short period of time or plugged it up and ran for a while,” Bowman said. “As the crop gets up and going, we’ll fly over it and see if we can detect those areas sooner than we could visually from the ground. (Watch the drone in action.)
“We’re also looking at doing some scans over our herbicide studies to see if the drone photography can help us identify where crops are stressed by postemergence herbicide applications.”
The Latest on: Drones in agriculture
via Google News
The Latest on: Drones in agriculture
- Drones in UP to help control locust swarmson June 28, 2020 at 9:29 am
He said the company has already deployed its drones in Rajasthan in locust control operations. "This is the first time drones are being used in locust control measures in India. It is a new case ...
- Agriculture Drone Market is Projected to Reach 4.7 Billion by 2026on June 28, 2020 at 5:55 am
According to BlueWeave Consulting, the Global Agriculture Drone Market is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. The agriculture drones market size is projected to grow ...
- Drones in UP to help control locuston June 28, 2020 at 3:57 am
Chennai, June 28 (IANS) Drone-as-a-Service (DAAS) provider Garuda Aerospace will soon start spraying anti-locust pesticide in several parts of Uttar Pradesh, including Noida near Delhi, said a top ...
- Garuda Aerospace to deploy drones in Uttar Pradesh to help control locuston June 28, 2020 at 3:44 am
Drone-as-a-Service (DAAS) provider Garuda Aerospace will soon start spraying anti-locust pesticide in several parts of Uttar Pradesh, including Noida near Delhi, said a top company official. "We have ...
- India first nation to control locusts through drones: Agriculture Ministryon June 27, 2020 at 7:08 pm
According to the information given by the ministry, all the groups of locust swarms are being tracked by teams of the state agriculture departments of Rajasthan, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, local ...
- India first country to control locusts through drones: Agriculture Ministryon June 27, 2020 at 7:02 pm
The Union Ministry of Agriculture on Saturday said that India is the first country to control locusts by using drones.
- Drones for farming? High-tech gadgets could save farmers money and time in tough economyon June 25, 2020 at 5:19 am
More than 100 farmers and agricultural retailers from Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and California came last week to Washington County to learn more about soil health.
- A Snapshot of Drone Education Programs in the United Stateson June 24, 2020 at 1:18 am
As a result, few educational institutions that did not already have established aviation programs had the resource or expertise to legally offer UAS instruction to students. Fortunately, with the ...
- AI-Powered Agricultural Robots: A Revolution in Affordable Ultra-Precision, Says IDTechExon June 22, 2020 at 9:51 am
The developments in agricultural robotics, machine vision, and AI will drive a deep and far-reaching transformation of the way farming ...
- Coronavirus has prompted 'quantum leap' in drone technologyon June 22, 2020 at 7:58 am
The coronavirus pandemic has provoked a "quantum leap" in drone technology, both technologically and conceptually, an industry leader has said. Israel's Civil Aviation Authority in April approved a ...
via Bing News