If only computers themselves were smart enough to fight off malevolent hackers.
That is the premise of an ambitious two-year contest with a $2 million first prize, posed to the world’s computer programmers by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, better known by its acronym, Darpa. It is the blue-sky, big-think organization within the Defense Department that created a precursor of the Internet in the late 1960s and more recently held a contest that spurred development of self-driving cars.
Michael Walker, the Darpa cybersecurity program manager who is running the contest, imagines a future in which sensors on computer networks could detect intruders, identify the flaws that let them in, and automatically make the necessary repairs, all without a human computer expert lifting a finger.
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
via Google News
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
- Bridging the IT and OT Cybersecurity Divideon March 24, 2020 at 2:25 pm
Organizations can still learn a lot from the long evolution of IT cybersecurity threats and defense. Applying those lessons to OT and tailoring that knowledge to the operational environment can help ...
- Cybersecurity, election administration in House Demsocrats’ coronavirus plaon March 24, 2020 at 7:12 am
Editor’s Note: Morning Cybersecurity is a free version of POLITICO Pro Cybersecurity’s morning newsletter, which is delivered to our subscribers each morning at 6 a.m. The POLITICO Pro platform ...
- The Cybersecurity 202: Mail-in election mandates from Congress could be 'recipe for disaster,' says top state officialon March 24, 2020 at 5:45 am
Time, money and expertise can all hamper the shift.
- 3 ways to revamp the hiring process for cybersecurity jobson March 23, 2020 at 6:50 am
Deloitte expert recommends using tactics to compete for the pool of security pros, including offering new incentives like student loan repayment. Cybersecurity has evolved beyond the IT department--it ...
- SA cyber companies recognized globally for cybersecurity workon March 23, 2020 at 6:12 am
San Antonio-based cybersecurity-related companies GlobalSCAPE Inc., The Denim Group, Inspired eLearning, and Digital Defense Inc. have each earned awards from or have been listed ...
- Cybersecurity tips for businesses supporting remote workerson March 23, 2020 at 5:54 am
Staff new to working from home will need extra guidance - and a no-blame policy from bosses when things go wrong.
- The Cybersecurity 202: Democrats see coronavirus stimulus as last, best chance for vote-by-mail pushon March 23, 2020 at 5:06 am
They fear the virus could damage faith in elections more than Russian interference.
- Strategies To Increase ROI On Cybersecurity Staffon March 23, 2020 at 4:23 am
Training and educating employees will help mitigate risks and avoid disaster for a fraction of the cost if your business is targeted by malicious parties.
- KBR Fortifies Cybersecurity of U.S. Air Force Weapons Systemson March 23, 2020 at 3:57 am
announced today that it has been awarded a $26.8 million task order to provide additional cybersecurity engineering support to the U.S. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Engineering ...
- AusPost touts 'business-led cybersecurity risk culture' ahead of committee probeon March 22, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Australia Post's ability to manage cybersecurity risks is currently under the microscope, with a Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit probing the postal service as part of its inquiry to ...
via Bing News