If only computers themselves were smart enough to fight off malevolent hackers.
That is the premise of an ambitious two-year contest with a $2 million first prize, posed to the world’s computer programmers by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, better known by its acronym, Darpa. It is the blue-sky, big-think organization within the Defense Department that created a precursor of the Internet in the late 1960s and more recently held a contest that spurred development of self-driving cars.
Michael Walker, the Darpa cybersecurity program manager who is running the contest, imagines a future in which sensors on computer networks could detect intruders, identify the flaws that let them in, and automatically make the necessary repairs, all without a human computer expert lifting a finger.
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
via Google News
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
- The lack of women in cybersecurity puts us all at greater riskon June 28, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Women are highly underrepresented in the field of cybersecurity. In 2017, women’s share in the U.S. cybersecurity field was 14%, compared to 48% in the general workforce. The problem is more acute ...
- Zoom’s Cybersecurity Redemption Won’t Be Complete Until They Do This One Final Thingon June 26, 2020 at 1:29 pm
But it’s not the last leadership step they need to make before their cybersecurity redemption is complete. Next week Zoom exists the 90-day sprint their CEO implemented to deal with a wide range of ...
- The Cybersecurity 202: Democrats and Republicans unite to push for a new cybersecurity czaron June 26, 2020 at 5:35 am
A bipartisan group of lawmakers is pushing to create a new White House czar to lead cybersecurity decision-making throughout the government. Creating a new national cybersecurity director would mark ...
- Best in Tech 2020: Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc.on June 26, 2020 at 5:00 am
Though it started as a resource for businesses, the Cybersecurity Association of Maryland's "SWAT Team" has found another group of users they can help: individuals experiencing data breaches of their ...
- Cybersecurity: Dangerous ransomware learns a new trickon June 26, 2020 at 4:14 am
Already one of the most dangerous forms of ransomware, now Sodinokibi looks like it could also be attempting to make money from stolen payment information too.
- There is no cybersecurity silver bulleton June 26, 2020 at 3:20 am
Businesses of all sizes still harbor the belief that simply having a cybersecurity strategy and implementing the right policies is the complete answer to defending against cybercrime. However, the ...
- Working From Home? Take These Critical Cybersecurity Precautionson June 26, 2020 at 3:07 am
To understand our cybersecurity better I got in touch with Eric O'Neill, former FBI Special Agent and the National Cybersecurity Strategist for VMWare Carbon Black. He laid out the reasons for the ...
- Core cybersecurity principles for new companies and productson June 25, 2020 at 8:03 pm
A new World Economic Forum report outlines core cybersecurity principles and points to how companies must reduce cyber risk to remain competitive.
- Salesforce Joins Cybersecurity Firm Tanium's Funding Roundon June 25, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Salesforce invested in a funding round for cybersecurity company Tanium, which is now valued at about $9 billion.
- Insights on the Cybersecurity Global Industry to 2025 - Featuring Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies & Fortinet Among Otherson June 25, 2020 at 11:06 am
The "Global Cybersecurity Market, by Segment (Security Services, Network Security, Infrastructure Protection, Identity Access Management, and Others), by Deployment Mode, by Organization Size, by End ...
via Bing News