A SISSA algorithm published in Science simplifies the categorization of data
Experts use the expression big data to indicate huge amounts of information, such as those (photos, videos, texts, but also other more technical types of data) shared at any time by billions of people on computers, smartphones and other electronic devices. The present-day scenario offers unprecedented perspectives: tracking flu epidemics, monitoring road traffic in real time, or handling the emergency of natural disasters, for example. For us to be able to use these huge amounts of data, we have to understand them and before that we need to categorize them in an effective, fast and automatic manner. One of the most commonly used systems is a series of statistical techniques called Cluster Analysis (CA), which is able to group data sets according to their “similarity”.
Two researchers from SISSA devised a type of CA based on simple and powerful principles, which proved to be very efficient and capable of solving some of the most typical problems encountered in this type of analysis.
The Latest on: Big data
via Google News
The Latest on: Big data
- Global Data Center IT Infrastructure Market 2020-2024 | Rising Investments in Hyper-Scale Data Centers (HDCs) to Boost Market Growth | Technavioon February 18, 2020 at 2:30 am
Furthermore, the emergence of the Smart Revolution, which includes the development of smart cities, smart grids, and smart homes, has led to a surge in the amount of data being generated and ...
- Global Big Data as a Service Market 2020 Innovations, Technology Growth, Development Trends, Regional Opportunities and 2025 Forecast Overviewon February 18, 2020 at 1:34 am
In 2019, the Big Data as a Service (BDaaS) market was valued at USD 13.12 billion, and it is expected to reach USD 46.82 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 24.51% over the forecast period. The evolution of ...
- Mastercard: Online Platforms – And Data – Help Cities Tackle Urban Challengeson February 18, 2020 at 1:27 am
Bright lights, big (and small) cities and Big Data. In the drive to modernize, scale and handle burgeoning populations, cities are harnessing the power of data collection and analytics to improve ...
- Global Supply Chain Big Data Analytics Market 2020 Technology Trends, High Demand, End User, Top Companies Analysis and Forecast to 2025on February 18, 2020 at 1:22 am
Market Overview: The Global Supply Chain Big Data Analytics Market was valued at USD 3.03 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 7.91 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 17.31% over the forecast ...
- The Stitch Fix Story: How A Unique Prioritization Of Data Science Helped The Company Create Billions In Market Valueon February 17, 2020 at 9:25 am
Few companies make their data science teams their #1, much less have them report directly to their CEOs. Stitch Fix does — and it paid off.
- Small Data Can Play a Big Role in AIon February 17, 2020 at 8:14 am
For every big data set (with one billion columns and rows) fueling an AI or advanced analytics initiative, a typical large organization may have a thousand small data sets that go unused. Examples ...
- Global Big Data in Automotive Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends & Forecast To 2026on February 16, 2020 at 9:48 pm
Wiseguyreports.Com Adds “Non-Latex Condom – Global Market Growth, ...
- Craig Columbus of TR Group: Shifting industries and powering growth through big dataon February 16, 2020 at 2:10 am
According to Columbus, big data is also a critical component of the company’s strong focus on the environment. “One of the things that is important to our transformation as a whole is sustainability,” ...
- Big Data Won't Save You From Coronaviruson February 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm
In an era where everything seems quantifiable, it’s unsettling that the information we’ve got on this deadly outbreak is approximate at best. In an era where everything seems quantifiable, it’s ...
- Golf star Francesco Molinari: Why I use big dataon February 15, 2020 at 5:35 am
Yahoo Finance speaks with golf major champion winner Francesco Molinari about his use of big data to improve his odds of winning the biggest tournaments in the game.
via Bing News