A SISSA algorithm published in Science simplifies the categorization of data
Experts use the expression big data to indicate huge amounts of information, such as those (photos, videos, texts, but also other more technical types of data) shared at any time by billions of people on computers, smartphones and other electronic devices. The present-day scenario offers unprecedented perspectives: tracking flu epidemics, monitoring road traffic in real time, or handling the emergency of natural disasters, for example. For us to be able to use these huge amounts of data, we have to understand them and before that we need to categorize them in an effective, fast and automatic manner. One of the most commonly used systems is a series of statistical techniques called Cluster Analysis (CA), which is able to group data sets according to their “similarity”.
Two researchers from SISSA devised a type of CA based on simple and powerful principles, which proved to be very efficient and capable of solving some of the most typical problems encountered in this type of analysis.
The Latest on: Big data
via Google News
The Latest on: Big data
- Financial services companies are starting to use the cloud for big data and AI processingon November 18, 2020 at 9:49 pm
SEE: Cloud data storage policy (TechRepublic Premium) As marketplace competition increases, most now recognize the need to store and mine customer information and the need to incorporate unstructured ...
- Big Data Analytics in Semiconductor & Electronics Market to Reach $31.80 Bn, Globally, by 2027 at 8.6% CAGR: Allied Marketon November 18, 2020 at 7:03 pm
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Duality Technologies Launches Platform for Analyzing Big Data While Keeping It Privateon November 18, 2020 at 4:16 pm
tools like HE could give companies a way to get data insights without creating the potential not just for non-compliance, but also for big data abuse that has driven concerns about Big Tech. Earlier ...
- COVID-19 Impact & Recovery Analysis- Big Data Market 2020-2024 | Rise in the Number of Smart Cities to Boost Growth | Technavioon November 17, 2020 at 6:10 am
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Big Data Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: ) Factors such as the adoption of smart grid technologies, the use of IT to improve traffic, ...
- How No-Code Solutions Aid Text Mining In Big Data Analyticson November 17, 2020 at 5:00 am
With technological advancements and innovation, no-code AI tools bring nontechnical users text mining capabilities.
- Big Data-As-Service Market Statistics and Research Analysis Detailed in Latest Research Report 2020-2025on November 17, 2020 at 3:27 am
Service Market Analysis According to Market Research, The Global Big Data-As-Service Market was valued at USD 4.0 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 12.8 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR ...
- Using big data to avoid Tube crowdingon November 16, 2020 at 11:48 pm
Currently it is rather slow and clunky, but these graphs show when Tube stations are at their busiest. What is interesting is TfL is using card data from Oyster and contactless on the gate lines to ...
- Using big data to hunt down human traffickerson November 16, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Neil Giles, CEO of Traffik Analysis Hub, explains how their new information resource tool can be used in various ways to stop modern-day slavery.
- George Soros buys stake in big data giant Palantiron November 16, 2020 at 10:46 am
Two heavy hitters of the investment world recently bought stakes in Palantir, the secretive and controversial big data firm backed by Peter Thiel that began trading on Wall Street in September.
- Datazoom Expands Technical Leadership Team with Former Netflix Streaming Video & Big Data Expertson November 16, 2020 at 9:16 am
Senior Engineering Leaders Join the Real-time Video Data Platform Company. NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / November 16, 2020 / Datazoom, the Real-time Video Data Platform, today annou ...
via Bing News