Pioneering work using touchless technology for vascular surgery is now being extended to neurosurgery.
Dr Mark Rouncefield and Dr Gerardo Gonzalez from the School of Computing and Communications at Lancaster University were part of a collaborative team from Microsoft Research, Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, and King’s College London to pilot the technology in the operating theatre.
Following the successful pilot of the technology in vascular surgery procedures, the team from Lancaster and Microsoft have now partnered with neurosurgeons at Addenbrookes NHS Foundation Trust and Cambridge University to apply the technology to the manipulation of 3D volumetric models of the brain for neurosurgery. The new system is currently being piloted in the operating theatres.
Dr Rouncefield said: ““This project on ‘Touchless Interaction’ has successfully combined the skills and knowledge of social and computer scientists with the professional experience of surgeons, to design and develop an application that is already proving of real benefit in the operating theatre”
The pioneering work explores the use of touchless interaction within surgical settings, enabling surgeons to view, control and manipulate medical images without contact.
The Latest on: Touchless technology
via Google News
The Latest on: Touchless technology
- Coronavirus and Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Industry: Analytical Overview, Regional Trends, Segments and Leading Players Analysison May 13, 2020 at 4:16 am
Global Gesture Recognition & Touchless Sensing Market on Market Information, by Technology (2D, 3D, Sensors), by ...
- Future Air Travel Is ‘Touchless’ Yet Terrifying: Fewer Flights, Sudden Border Closures, No Movieson May 12, 2020 at 4:08 am
Expect sweeping technology changes, including the removal of inflight entertainment screens, as aviation suffers a bigger shake-up that it did post-9/11.
- New Must-Haves For Real Estate? Touchless Access, Turbo WiFi And Virtual Realityon May 8, 2020 at 8:19 am
Virtual reality tours, supercharged WiFi and touchless access in buildings are among several tech features that will be more prominent in a post-coronavirus environment, experts say. As property ...
- Restaurant News: Oak & Stone reopens with new touchless tap keys for beer wallon May 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Sarasota-based restaurant group has reopened all locations with Touchless Tap Key technology for use on its popular self-pour beer walls.
- FreedomPay Introduces Touchless Commerce Program to Take Payments to the Safer Next Levelon May 7, 2020 at 12:06 pm
PRNewswire/ -- FreedomPay, the world's leading consumer-centric commerce platform announces its Touchless Commerce program, ensuring the safety of ...
- Carvana Launching 100 Markets to Bring Online Car Buying and Touchless Delivery to Customers Who Need Iton May 7, 2020 at 6:00 am
Carvana launches 100 markets across 24 states, offering as-soon-as-next-day touchless home delivery with The New Way to Buy a Car™ ...
- COVID 19: Avalon Airport installs touchless passenger check-inson May 7, 2020 at 4:58 am
With the touchless technology, instead of touching screens, passengers at Avalon Airport will control their interaction with the kiosks and bag drops via head movement - with cameras in kiosks and ...
- Gesture Recognition and Touchless Sensing Market Size Analysis and Outlook to 2026 - COVID-19 Impact, Potential Opportunities, Companies and Forecasts - ResearchAndMarkets.comon May 7, 2020 at 3:05 am
The "Gesture Recognition and Touchless Sensing Market Size Analysis and Outlook to 2026 - Potential Opportunities, Companies and Forecasts for Touch Based and Touchless Sensing Technologies, Product ...
- Shekel’s Fast Track Answers Urgent Call for Touchless Self-Checkouton May 5, 2020 at 7:41 am
With social distancing driving an urgent consumer demand for touchless grocery self-checkout, Shekel, the leader in AI-powered advanced weighing solutions, brings to market the Fast Track – the first ...
via Bing News