The scientific progress that has made it possible to dream of a future in which faulty organs could be regrown from stem cells also holds potential as an ethical and greener source for meat.
So say scientists who suggest in the Cell Press journal Trends in Biotechnology that every town or village could one day have its very own small-scale, cultured meat factory.
The Latest on: Cultured meat
via Google News
The Latest on: Cultured meat
- Singapore OKs lab grown ‘cultured chicken’ as foodon December 2, 2020 at 6:54 pm
First, meat came from farms and forests. Then, it came from factories. More recently, entrepreneurs have been making it from plants. Some have wondered whether there’s a more advanced approach: Could ...
- Singapore is the first country to approve the sale of lab-grown meaton December 2, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Singapore has become the first country in the world to approve the sale of cultured meat. On Wednesday, the city-state’s Food Agency gave Eat Just, a US startup best known for its plant-based egg ...
- Singapore Approves Lab-Grown Meat. What That Means for Beyond Meat Stock.on December 2, 2020 at 2:43 pm
The approval opens up yet another avenue for consumers looking for alternatives to traditional protein sources.
- Singapore becomes first country to approve lab-grown meaton December 2, 2020 at 12:30 pm
The chicken bites containing lab-grown meat will debut in a Singapore restaurant before being rolled out more widely across the country.
- Cultured Meat Alternative to Beyond Meat's Plant Burgers Gets Government Go-Aheadon December 2, 2020 at 11:18 am
In a milestone that could eventually signal significant market changes for plant-based meat makers like Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND) and Impossible Foods, a U.S.-based company received legal approval ...
- Want a taste of lab-grown meat? Here's where you will have to goon December 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Meat consumption is projected to increase over 70% by 2050 and lab-grown alternatives have a role to play in food supply ...
- Lab-grown 'chicken bites'? Cultured meat product gets world's first regulatory approvalon December 2, 2020 at 8:38 am
The world's first lab-grown meat product to get regulatory approval is a "chicken bite" to be served in restaurants in Singapore.
- Singapore Approves Cultured Meat: A Major Step Forward for the Industry, Questions IDTechExon December 2, 2020 at 4:45 am
Singapore has become the first country on Earth to approve cultured meat for commercial sale. On Wednesday, December 2 nd, the Singapore Food Agency said that the cultured chicken produced by San ...
- Eat Just Granted World’s First Regulatory Approval for Cultured Meaton December 1, 2020 at 7:47 pm
GOOD Meat Cultured Chicken bites (Photo: Business Wire) The first-in-the-world regulatory allowance of real, high-quality meat created directly from animal cells for safe human consumption paves the ...
- What is cultured meat and where can you try it?on December 1, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Plant-based meats have been on a tear in grocery stores and in our minds, but cultured meat is seen as a major step toward closing the gap with people who still aren't convinced by alternative protein ...
via Bing News