A research team with a global reach has developed a chip-like device that could make cancer remission permanent – and that’s just the start.
It’s like a random access memory chip – but instead of electrons, it’s moving cells.
That’s according to Duke University researcher Benjamin Yellen, an associate professor of mechanical engineering and materials sciences and lead on the project. Yellen, along with other researchers at both Duke University and Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea, say their cell-sorting system will revolutionize research.
“What we are doing is very similar to how a computer works,” he says. “You have an array of memory sites and you can write data to the memory by adding an electron.”
In this case, his team is trying to develop an array of cells that can be controlled with magnetic fields.
The Latest on: Cell-sorting system
via Google News
The Latest on: Cell-sorting system
- Higher Order Architecture of Designer Peptides Forms Bioinspired 10 nm siRNA Delivery System on November 14, 2019 at 2:57 am
The replications of this system has been attempted with both synthetic and naturally occurring polymers ... Highly fluorescent cells were further isolated by Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) ...
- Global Cell Sorting Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast To 2025 on October 21, 2019 at 11:55 pm
Oct 22, 2019 (AmericaNewsHour) -- The global Cell Sorting Market was valued at USD 176.43 million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 322.18 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 6.92% from 2017 to ...
- The global cell sorting market at a CAGR of almost 5% during the forecast period on October 21, 2019 at 12:51 am
Technological advances There is an increased demand for advanced and automated cell sorting systems in the market, driven by the need for increased accuracy and lower cost. There is heavy pressure for ...
- Global Cell Sorting Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Becton, Dickinson and Co., and Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. | Technavio on October 14, 2019 at 8:54 am
Over the recent years, cell sorting has emerged as the principal method for the ... GigaSort Cell Purification System is one of the popular products offered by the company. Danaher Corp. Danaher Corp.
- Global Cell Sorting Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Becton, Dickinson and Co., and Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. | Technavio on October 14, 2019 at 8:20 am
Cytonome/St. LLC owns and operates businesses in the cell sorting platforms segment. Through this segment, the company offers application-specific technology for cell therapy, life sciences, and ...
- India- Cell Sorting Market | Emerging Markets to Offer Numerous Growth Opportunities on October 1, 2019 at 5:48 pm
magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS), and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)-microfluidics cell sorting technologies. On the basis of product and service, the global cell sorting market is ...
- U of T researchers enlist tiny biomagnets for faster drug discovery on September 23, 2019 at 2:15 pm
Most cell-sorting instruments use laser beams to separate fluorescently ... the researchers focused on cancer immunotherapy, in which the immune system is engineered to destroy tumour cells. They ...
- Deep Cytometry: Deep learning with Real-time Inference in Cell Sorting and Flow Cytometry on July 31, 2019 at 2:36 am
The classification model is trained offline using datasets for the target cell types, and then used in an online system for cell sorting. The processing time of this model (the latency for inference ...
via Bing News