A research team with a global reach has developed a chip-like device that could make cancer remission permanent – and that’s just the start.
It’s like a random access memory chip – but instead of electrons, it’s moving cells.
That’s according to Duke University researcher Benjamin Yellen, an associate professor of mechanical engineering and materials sciences and lead on the project. Yellen, along with other researchers at both Duke University and Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea, say their cell-sorting system will revolutionize research.
“What we are doing is very similar to how a computer works,” he says. “You have an array of memory sites and you can write data to the memory by adding an electron.”
In this case, his team is trying to develop an array of cells that can be controlled with magnetic fields.
The Latest on: Cell-sorting system
via Google News
The Latest on: Cell-sorting system
- Global Flow Cytometry Marketon January 17, 2020 at 11:19 pm
It is a unique optics system and design provides researchers with unparalleled sensitivity and flexibility ... These kits are ideal for researchers interested in labelling their own antibodies for ...
- Cell Sorting Market | Global Market Dynamics and Emerging Trendson January 16, 2020 at 7:33 am
magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS), and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)-microfluidics. The MEMS-microfluidics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR owing to the easy multiplexing ...
- Global Digital Cell-Sorting System segmentation and analysis by recent trends development and growth by regions to 2025on December 27, 2019 at 4:52 am
Los Angeles, United State,December 2019 : The global Digital Cell-Sorting System market report offers fine intelligence that prepares market players to compete well against their toughest ...
- A sorting technology that isolates cells with high purity and viabilityon December 17, 2019 at 9:09 am
in collaboration with Assistant Professor Chrishan Ramachandra from National Heart Centre Singapore (NHCS), developed a sheathless acoustic fluorescence activated cell sorting (aFACS) system for ...
- The global cell sorting market at a CAGR of almost 5% during the forecast periodon October 21, 2019 at 12:51 am
Technological advances There is an increased demand for advanced and automated cell sorting systems in the market, driven by the need for increased accuracy and lower cost. There is heavy pressure ...
- Global Cell Sorting Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Becton, Dickinson and Co., and Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. | Technavioon October 14, 2019 at 8:54 am
Over the recent years, cell sorting has emerged as the principal ... GigaSort Cell Purification System is one of the popular products offered by the company. Danaher Corp. Danaher Corp. owns ...
- Global Cell Sorting Market 2019-2023 | Evolving Opportunities with Becton, Dickinson and Co., and Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. | Technavioon October 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Cytonome/St. LLC owns and operates businesses in the cell sorting platforms segment. Through this segment, the company offers application-specific technology for cell therapy, life sciences, and ...
- Advanced Multi-Parameter Cytometryon August 2, 2019 at 2:01 am
The Cytometry and Cell Sorting Core received a CPRIT Core Facility Support ... The Fluidigm Helios and Hyperion mass cytometer system has been purchased and installed in T219. This will allow analysis ...
- Deep Cytometry: Deep learning with Real-time Inference in Cell Sorting and Flow Cytometryon July 31, 2019 at 2:36 am
The classification model is trained offline using datasets for the target cell types, and then used in an online system for cell sorting. The processing time of this model (the latency for ...
- ‘Chip’ uses magnetism to sort living cellson May 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The researchers hope the cell-sorting system will revolutionize research by allowing the fast, efficient control and separation of individual cells that could then be studied in vast numbers.
via Bing News