Tiny capsules with different substances on their surface could be useful in medicine and materials technology
Hollow capsules that have a selectively permeable shell are promising candidates as tiny containers for molecules, particles or bubbles, and are becoming increasingly important in a wide variety of applications. But making these kinds of capsules with more than one kind of substance on their shells has been challenging – until now.
Hollow capsules with two or more substances on their surface are able to organize themselves in specific ways, which means they could be used to grow human skin or other body tissues, or to make porous tissues and composites. They can also be used to transport a variety of substances and release them in specific environments.
The Latest on: Patchy capsules
via Google News
The Latest on: Patchy capsules
- SpaceX and NASA gear up, again, for historic launchon May 30, 2020 at 8:34 am
SpaceX will make its second attempt to launch two NASA astronauts on a mission to the International Space Station. Why it's important: If successful, it would be the first crewed spaceflight to take ...
- SpaceX ready to launch NASA astronauts, back on home turfon May 27, 2020 at 5:29 am
A SpaceX rocket is ready to boost two NASA astronauts into orbit Wednesday, the first launch of Americans from the U.S. in nearly a decade.
- Morning headlines: Twitter fact-checks Trump tweets; SpaceX hoping to launch today; NHL sets game planon May 27, 2020 at 4:30 am
Updated: May 27, 2020 @ 6:26 am NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman unveiled a 24-team straight to playoffs format the league will use if it can clear the other hurdles to resume its season. The SpaceX ...
- SpaceX rocket will shoot across Britain's skies at 9.50pm TONIGHTon May 27, 2020 at 3:03 am
Britons will be able to see the stunning spectacle if they look west, said British astronaut Tim Peake. The Met Office said the UK should anticipate 'clear skies' this evening.
- Suraksha Naturals MCT Oil Capsules from Their Ketoveyda Product Line Are Now Available Through Newegg.comon May 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Suraksha's specialty product line, Ketoveyda has been an instant hit with products ranging from the familiar, like Suraksha's MCT oil capsules and sprayable B12 vitamins, to more specific products ...
- Hereditary Palmoplantar Keratoderma: A Rare Case Report—Pachyonychia Congenitaon May 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm
A 10-year-old Caucasian girl presented with history of patchy thicken palms and soles ... and oral retinoids (decutan capsules 20 mg which contains the active substance isotretinoin).
- Many parents giving melatonin supplement to help their kids sleep: What exactly it is?on May 23, 2020 at 6:21 am
The melatonin supplements are sold as liquids, gummies, chewables, capsules and tablets ... However, the quality of the studies was patchy. Melatonin is also proved to be effective for treating ...
- The foreign invaders decimating North’s worm populationon May 22, 2020 at 10:12 pm
He found only “patchy” evidence of serious damage on agricultural land but he accepted that, with the loss of earthworm drainage and a surface thatch of uneaten leaves, the North’s problem with ...
- Wall Street sees the economic pain, opts to look past iton May 4, 2020 at 5:04 am
And worries still loom about companies defaulting on their debt after a borrowing binge left them with a mountain of $9.6 trillion in outstanding bonds. . The stock market also has a patchy ...
- Diamond microscope unlocks ancient rocks' magnetic secretson April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Meteorites, time capsules from the early Solar System ... the disk of material that gave rise to the planets might have had a patchy magnetic field. Fu says that indicates magnetism, not just ...
via Bing News