“We’ve found the majority of patients treated with telemedicine technology have a favorable response,”
Doctors at Rady Children’s today introduced new telemedicine robots that put advanced video teleconferencing technology on wheels, allowing physicians to evaluate patients quickly and from anywhere.
Using a laptop, tablet or smartphone, doctors are now able to interact and perform their jobs in ways not previously possible. They can see, hear, be heard and move around in any remote facility, including being able to visually examine patients without being physically present.
“We’ve found the majority of patients treated with telemedicine technology have a favorable response,” said Dr. Anthony Magit, director of Rady Children’s telemedicine program. “Patients realize they are seeing specialists who might not be accessible to them in their own location, so they feel they are getting cutting edge, high-technology care from top experts.”
With satellite locations ranging from 20 minutes to more than an hour away, the telemedicine robots allow Rady Children’s experts to consult on cases in a more timely and efficient manner. Rady Children’s currently has funding to purchase 16 of these advanced robots. Some of the robots are already in use at Rady Children’s neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) satellite locations.
“In the past when I would get an urgent call about a patient while I was away from the NICU, I would either have to wait until I got to the hospital or I would be on the phone trying to understand what was happening,” said Dr. Gail Knight, Clinical Chief of the Division of Neonatology. “Now I can pull off the road and simply call up the robot on my cell phone to see what is going on. It only takes 30 seconds.”
The Latest on: Telemedicine
via Google News
The Latest on: Telemedicine
- Health Care Heroes 2020: Lifetime Achievement winner Dr. Ronald Weinstein pioneered telemedicineon November 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Dr. Ronald Weinstein, who introduced the word "telepathology" into the English language in 1986, has led an amazing life and pioneered key breakthroughs while working in Arizona. Read about his ...
- Exhibiting 23.5% CAGR Global Telemedicine Market to Hit USD 185,669.6 Million by 2026: Fortune Business Insights™on November 19, 2020 at 6:06 am
As per the report, the global telemedicine market size was valued at US$ 34,289.2 Mn in the year 2018 and is anticipated to reach US$ 185,669.6 Mn by 2026. The analysts stated that technological ...
- COVID-19 Is Behind The Remarkable Telemedicine Market Growth Rate Of 40% Through 2023on November 19, 2020 at 6:00 am
TBRC’s annual festive sale is finally here! Get up to 50% off on ALL reports: According to The Business Research Company’s research report on the telemedicine services market, the emergence of ...
- Global Telemedicine Market Analysis and Forecast to 2030: Increasing Government Funding and Grants Driving Market Growthon November 19, 2020 at 4:00 am
The "Telemedicine Market Research Report: By Type, Service, Specialty - Global Industry Analysis and Growth Forecast to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global ...
- Healthcare Companies Bolster Telemedicine Campaigns With Newswire’s EMA GT Sales Acceleratoron November 18, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Newswire’s Earned Media Advantage Guided Tour Sales Accelerator is helping doctors offices, hospitals, and other healthcare institutions promote telemedicine in the months leading up to what is being ...
- 6 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Telemedicine Visit With Your Rheumatologiston November 18, 2020 at 8:13 pm
That’s why telemedicine visits have become so important. Having an effective telemedicine check-in is a little different than doing an in-person visit, but a lot of the same principles still apply.
- The best telemedicine services to see a doctor from homeon November 18, 2020 at 3:23 pm
That's thanks to the rise of telemedicine, an umbrella term that covers all the ways you can receive medical care via text, online chat, phone, video and yes, even apps. Online doctors can diagnose ...
- Telemedicine lets you click with your doctoron November 18, 2020 at 10:00 am
Pleased with the convenience, she scheduled her next three visits virtually. Like Williams-Gary, millions of older adults in the U.S. tried telemedicine for the first time in 2020. With concerns about ...
- North America Telemedicine Market by Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast to 2026on November 18, 2020 at 7:28 am
Rising burden of patients suffering from chronic conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, orthopedic disorders, and cancer is propelling the growth of telemedicine market in North America. In fact, ...
- First-to-Market Consumer Ear Infection Kit Launches, Saving Parents Time & Money With Telemedicine Diagnosison November 17, 2020 at 7:32 am
Physician 360™, Leader in Telemedicine Services, Offers New Kit Direct to Consumers and via Network of Independent Pharmacies Continuing its innovation in the telemedicine services industry, Physician ...
via Bing News