A new wearable sensor stores and transmits motion data and delivers drugs
Researchers have created a wearable device that is as thin as a temporary tattoo and can store and transmit data about a person’s movements, receive diagnostic information and release drugs into skin.
Similar efforts to develop ‘electronic skin’ abound, but the device is the first that can store information and also deliver medicine — combining patient treatment and monitoring. Its creators, who report their findings today in Nature Nanotechnology, say that the technology could one day aid patients with movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease or epilepsy.
The researchers constructed the device by layering a package of stretchable nanomaterials — sensors that detect temperature and motion, resistive RAM for data storage, microheaters and drugs — onto a material that mimics the softness and flexibility of the skin. The result was a sticky patch containing a device roughly 4 centimeters long, 2 cm wide and 0.3 millimeters thick, says study co-author Nanshu Lu, a mechanical engineer at the University of Texas in Austin.
“The novelty is really in the integration of the memory device,” says Stéphanie Lacour, an engineer at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, who was not involved in the work. No other device can store data locally, she adds.
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
via Google News
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
- Sony’s launches new B-to-B mobile health platform including a wearableon October 16, 2019 at 5:25 am
The platform has two main components. The wearable watch offers sensors that can measure heart rate, heart rate variability and sleep position. It also comes with a Bluetooth interface to connect ...
- Ultrasonic Sensor Market to Reach USD 8.25 Billion by 2026 | Reports And Dataon October 15, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Ultrasonic Sensor Market Size - USD 4.16 Billion in 2018, Market Growth - CAGR of 3%, Ultrasonic Sensor Industry Trends- progressive increase in demand for Smart and medical wearable devices The ...
- A wearable 4K Action Camera that was designed to fit around the contour of your headon October 15, 2019 at 8:15 am
The winged design comes with a stereo mic on either side, and with the Cambox V4 Pro’s crown jewel in the center. Its UltraHD 4K camera, complete with a Sony sensor. The camera outshines most, with ...
- Fathom AI Launches Fathom Pro Wearable Fitness Systemon October 15, 2019 at 8:07 am
Sports injury startup Fathom AI has launched Fathom Pro, a wearable sensor-based system aimed at reducing injuries resulting from running and providing recovery exercises based on biometric feedback.
- Best smartwatch 2019: the top wearable you can buy in the Middle Easton October 14, 2019 at 9:32 pm
It still comes sporting all of the top-end fitness features you'd expect from Samsung's Tizen watch range, with 39 workout modes, a heart rate and ECG sensor, and health app with stress and sleep ...
- We Can’t Even Comprehend the Massive Data Haul We’ll Soon Get From Sensorson October 11, 2019 at 7:00 am
The list of once multi-million-dollar medical machines now being dematerialized, demonetized, democratized, and delocalized—that is, made into portable and even wearable sensors—could fill a textbook.
- That new yarn?!—Wearable, washable textile devices are possible with MXene-coated yarnson October 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Most attempts to turn textiles into wearable technology use stiff metallic fibers that alter the texture and ... For example, "the performance of the knitted pressure sensor can be further improved in ...
- Wearable AI Market to Cross USD 180 Billion Frontier by 2025on October 9, 2019 at 8:18 pm
The companies operating in the region are introducing various smart wearable devices with advanced features at affordable price points. For instance, in May 2018, Xiaomi introduced Mi Band 3 at USD 30 ...
- Wearable Sensors Market Size – Industry Insights, Top Trends, Drivers, Growth and Forecast to 2026on October 9, 2019 at 3:01 am
Oct 09, 2019 (AmericaNewsHour) -- The 'Wearable Sensors market' research report fabricated by Market Study Report, LLC, is an in-depth analysis of the latest trends persuading the business outlook.
- Wearable Sensor Market 2019 Industry Developments, Outlook, by 2024 - MRE Analysison October 9, 2019 at 1:03 am
Oct 09, 2019 (Heraldkeepers) -- New York, October 09, 2019: The Global Wearable Sensor Market is segmented on the lines of its product, application and regional. Based on product type segmentation it ...
via Bing News