eBay spotted the importance of mobile devices very early on, but now they have turned their attention towards wearables.
The company’s Innovation and New Ventures group wants to try and develop a personal shopping assistant that makes the barrier between spotting an item you like, and buying it, almost invisible.
The company started building apps for a potential smartwatch last year, which finally debuted a few weeks ago, as both an app for the Samsung Galaxy Gear, and an app for the Pebble smartwatch.Steve Yankovich, head of the innovation group, says its about more than just apps.
His vision is for a concept called Zero Effort Commerce (ZEC), which would rely on personalization, historical behavior and the various sensors found in wearable technology to anticipate someone’s shopping needs, and if the data is accurate enough, maybe even act on their behalf. Yankovich compared the idea with a personal assistant when he spoke to TechCrunch about what eBay has in store for the future.
”I have a friend who has a personal assistant who keeps track of his needs. His personal assistant replaces ceiling fan light bulbs, replaces shirts that she noted show wear, constantly fills the fridge, changes the wiper blades in cars, and on and on. In this person’s world everything he needs and wants automatically happens. We can work towards building a virtual personal assistant that uses personalization, historical behavior and the coming sensors of the connected home and life around us to do much the same thing but for all of us.”
The Latest on: Personal shopping assistant
via Google News
The Latest on: Personal shopping assistant
- HappyFresh partners LINE in Thailand to fulfil grocery needs via mobileon January 22, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Indonesian-headquartered online grocery platform HappyFresh has tied up with Thailand-based communication app LINE to give LINE MAN’s users an established grocery shopping experience in Thailand.
- Check out photo of Davido's personal assistant Aloma's new Mercedes Benz worth N7Mon January 22, 2020 at 5:30 am
Davido's personal assistant, Aloma has gotten for himself a Mercedes Benz car ... Recall that in 2019, Davido went on a car shopping spree for his 30BG crew and Aloma got a very expensive Benz from ...
- The Amazon Website Is a Clunky Mess—Here's How to Make It Suck Lesson January 10, 2020 at 4:19 pm
here’s how to make your shopping a little easier. Cut through the clutter of the Amazon website with the help of the Amazon Assistant, a plug-in that works on most modern browsers. It gives you easy, ...
- App power – a personal shopping assistant in every pocketon January 7, 2020 at 6:12 am
Missguided suffered a dramatic fall from grace when profits crumbled in 2017. Founder and CEO Nitin Passi reveals the drastic action he took to turn the etailer round.
- Why AI and Big Data for Creating Personal Shopping Assistant App?on November 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm
After reading this blog, you will get to know what role does AI and Big Data play in creating a personal shopping assistant app. We will also focus on the applications of Big Data and AI for eCommerce ...
- AI and Big Data to develop a Personal Shopping Assistant Appon October 11, 2019 at 6:07 am
The personal shopping assistant app automatically scans a user’s email and pickups all tracking numbers. Afterwards, it’s up to the app to keep users’ informed about delivery status. As we all know ...
- Gay personal assistant says Faye Dunaway called him ‘a little homosexual boy’: lawsuiton August 15, 2019 at 3:48 pm
Actress Faye Dunaway relentlessly berated her gay personal assistant on play “Tea at Five,” calling ... which Dunaway was eventually fired — on April 5 and was tasked with shopping, helping the ...
- Personal assistant, from Hampton Hill, went on a £24,000 shopping spree on her boss' credit cardon May 17, 2019 at 6:37 pm
A personal assistant who went on a £24,000 shopping spree with her boss’ credit card is facing jail. Sarah Castillo, 38, spent money from Dr Bart Sayle’s account on jewellery, clothes and even garden ...
- JK Rowling’s former personal assistant ordered to repay thousands to authoron April 29, 2019 at 3:28 pm
A former personal assistant of JK Rowling has been ordered to repay £18,734 to the Harry Potter author after ruling she obtained the money fraudulently. Ms Rowling sought damages against Amanda ...
- Microsoft brings Personal Shopping Assistant to Edgeon February 26, 2019 at 4:26 am
Microsoft is going to offer its Personal Shopping Assistant extension, that should assist in comparing and purchasing items for the lowest price, also to the Edge browser. Previously the Redmond ...
via Bing News