Looking to add a touch of Gran Turismo or Forza to your daily commute? Jaguar Land Rover is developing a Virtual Windscreen concept that aims to do just that with a slew of driver assistance technologies designed to keep your eyes on the road, including a head-up display (HUD) that overlays the driving line featured in many virtual racers.
As well as projecting key information onto the windscreen like speed and navigation, the Jaguar Virtual Windscreen concept would also overlay the driving line and even a “ghost” car, which acts as a reference point from previous laps.
Although this may seem like a bit of fun for track-day warriors, HUD systems offer some obvious safety benefits for having key information at the driver’s eye-level.
Jaguar’s concept also extends to replacing rear view and external mirrors with cameras and virtual displays. This system would incorporate a of a “3D instrument cluster” linked to head-tracking technology that could deliver key information unobtrusively as well as giving drivers a clear picture of their surroundings.
Finally, the system would include gesture-based control for functions like sunblinds, rear windscreen wipers and maps.
The Latest on: Head-up display
via Google News
The Latest on: Head-up display
- Your phone powers a personal movie theater you wear on your faceon September 8, 2019 at 3:30 am
The concept wearable display is essentially a pair of sunglasses, tinted, polarized and UV blocking to protect your eyes, but still transparent enough to see through. Unlike Google Glass, which is ...
- Head to Southern Utah to enjoy dazzling display of fall foliageon September 6, 2019 at 2:03 pm
Right now the leaves have just started to change in the high elevations. If you can get away this month, head up Utah Route 14, about a half-hour drive east of Cedar City, to the Markagunt Plateau.
- Volvo Patents a Head-Up Display That's on the Roofon September 6, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Volvo is taking head-up displays to a whole new level, according to this application the automaker has filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. And when we say whole new level, we mean both ...
- Xiaomi’s crowdfunded Car Robot Head-Up Display Bluetooth version now on sale for 499 yuan ($70)on September 6, 2019 at 7:04 am
Chinese tech giant Xiaomi launched the Car Robot Smart HUD Bluetooth version under the crowdfunding platform. Three months after, the Smart Heads Up Display is now available to buy on the Youpin ...
- Automated Solutions for SAE Standard HUD Measurementon September 6, 2019 at 2:00 am
Head-up display (HUD) technology is one of the largest growth areas in the automotive market, and standard measurement criteria are rapidly being defined to evaluate augmented projections for visual ...
- Lomeli's two goals help Lake Central race past Munsteron September 5, 2019 at 6:56 pm
That speed was on display Thursday as the Indians ran right by Munster for ... “We teach the girls, if they can pick their head up and see that high line, let’s take advantage of what we’re strong at.
- At 10.1% CAGR, Automotive Head-up Display (HUD) Market Size Set to Register 1000 million USD by 2024on September 4, 2019 at 5:47 am
Sep 04, 2019 (AmericaNewsHour) -- According to this study, over the next five years the Automotive Head-up Display (HUD) market will register a 10.1% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size ...
- VW ID.3 holographic head-up display teases the future of EV cabinson August 30, 2019 at 8:33 am
Volkswagen’s new ID.3 electric car is almost ready for its big reveal, but VW is already sharing details about the augmented reality dashboard the high-tech hatchback will feature. The ID.3 will be VW ...
- Automotive Head-up Display (HUD) Market Growth Focusing on Major Key Players: Nippon, Continental AG and Delphi Automotiveon August 29, 2019 at 10:45 pm
Aug 30, 2019 (WiredRelease via COMTEX) -- The key contributing factors automotive head-up display (hud) market are increasing Sales Strategy, Revenue Generation, Valuable Growth Prospects, and Cost ...
- Radiant Presents Curved Display Measurement Methods and System Specifications at Vehicle Displays Detroiton August 29, 2019 at 5:05 am
... provides a technical forum and exhibit of technologies that enable new vehicle displays like freeform and curved displays, head-up displays, virtual mirrors, and more. Engineers and designers from ...
via Bing News