Can you create water out of thin air?
An Israeli company is doing just that and is providing its technology to militaries in seven nations including the U.S., Israel and an un-named Arab nation.
Water-Gen, the only water tech company included on Fast Company’s list of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies 2014” has a lot to teach California, which is going through one of the driest winters in modern history.
This is exactly what California Gov. Jerry Brown thought as well and that’s why he recently signed a cooperative research and development agreement with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in fields such as water conservation technology. Brown said he hoped Israeli water technology could help California deal with its record-breaking drought.
Originally designed to hydrate troops in severe combat situations, Water-Gen created a water generating unit that turns air moisture into drinking water. That’s right: It creates water out of thin air. The solar or electric-powered water generator, which can sit on the ground or in vehicles such as tanks, produces between 10 and 20 gallons of fresh, cold, drinking water per day.
For California, Water-Gen’s water-generating technology has great potential to serve those located in the state’s Central Valley, a large, dry and rural area.
Basically, an air filtering unit faces the outside, extracting humidity from the air. The filter works like an air dehumidifier or air conditioner: It sucks in air moisture and removes toxins.
Then, this clean air enters GENius™, their unique heat exchanging system. GENius™ produces liquid water from the humidity. This liquid water collects at the bottom of the unit and then fills up water tanks. Finally, it flows to a tap located within the vehicle.
In addition to the water generator, Water-Gen has created technologies that produce drinkable water from various sources, including air conditioning units’ wasted drops. Spring, a newer product, is a portable water purifier that can clean any water source, no matter how toxic.
Although Spring was first designed to address military challenges, it can also be used in first responder situations. In fact, when the Israel Defense Forces sent a team to help after Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, they used Spring to aid troops and typhoon victims.
The Latest on: Water generator
via Google News
The Latest on: Water generator
- Airowater Dewpoint Water Generator Review: Beats a water purifier, but not a drinking water fix for everybodyon November 27, 2020 at 2:47 am
Technology today confuses me. In a sea of phones, laptops, smart bulbs, speakers of all shapes/sizes and cars that can’t yet fly, there’s a market for pretty much anything you can think of. Modern ...
- Why an RV Tankless Water Heater is a Fantastic Investmenton November 27, 2020 at 2:34 am
Depending on what part of the country you live in or plan to visit this winter, the frigid temperatures you encounter ...
- Rhode Island Homeowners: Get The Most Out Of Your Generatoron November 25, 2020 at 5:20 pm
Many Rhode Island homeowners are unprepared for the unexpected power outages that happen from wind and ice storms. A portable generator can ensure that your family has the power you need to keep your ...
- Generator Use And Safety Tips For New Hampshire Homeownerson November 25, 2020 at 5:15 pm
Whether you're preparing for a power outage or just want to be able to run your tools outdoors, a generator for your New Hampshire home is a good idea. But how do you know that you're buying the best ...
- Electrical Generators Market SWOT Analysis by Size, Status and Forecast to 2026: GE Motors, Larius, Poduhvat, DS Motoron November 25, 2020 at 12:11 pm
The Electrical Generators Market has witnessed continuous growth in the last few years and is projected to grow even further during the forecast period of 2020-2026.
- KOHLER Unveils its Most Powerful KD Series Industrial Generators at 3,500 and 4,000 Kilowattson November 25, 2020 at 12:33 am
Company launching 3500kW and 4000kW nodes as part of popular KD Series KOHLER, Wis. (PRWEB) Kohler Co. is pleased to release the top end of the ...
- Army evaluates machine gun suppressors, exoskeletons, backpack generators and moreon November 24, 2020 at 11:20 am
This year’s focus runs from new machine gun suppressors to counter-drone technology. The first assessment of the Army Expeditionary Warrior Experiment happened in late October and included the M240 ...
- Yorba Linda Water District Installs Natural Gas Generator to Support Reliable Water Service During Emergencieson November 21, 2020 at 12:00 pm
PRNewswire/ -- Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) and the Yorba Linda Water District (YLWD) today commemorated the installation of YLWD's new ...
- Solar-powered atmospheric water generatoron November 12, 2020 at 6:11 am
Spanish solar company Generaciones Fotovoltaicas de la Mancha (GFM) has developed the Watenergy Project, an off-grid, portable system that produces electricity and drinking water. A number of ...
- Atmospheric Water Generator Marketon November 10, 2020 at 2:36 am
Key players in the global Atmospheric Water Generator market covered: Hendrx, Ambient Water, Konia, EcoloBlue, Atlantis Solar, Drinkable Air, Island Sky, WaterMaker India, Air2Water, Planets Water ...
via Bing News