Bend them, stretch them, twist them, fold them: modern materials that are light, flexible and highly conductive have extraordinary technological potential, whether as artificial skin or electronic paper.
Making such concepts affordable enough for general use remains a challenge but a new way of working with copper nanowires and a PVA “nano glue” could be a game-changer.
Previous success in the field of ultra-lightweight “aerogel monoliths” has largely relied on the use of precious gold and silver nanowires.
By turning instead to copper, both abundant and cheap, researchers at Monash University and the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication have developed a way of making flexible conductors cost-effective enough for commercial application.
“Aerogel monoliths are like kitchen sponges but ours are made of ultra fine copper nanowires, using a fabrication process called freeze drying,” said lead researcher Associate Professor Wenlong Cheng, from Monash University’s Department of Chemical Engineering.
“The copper aerogel monoliths are conductive and could be further embedded into polymeric elastomers – extremely flexible, stretchable materials – to obtain conducting rubbers.”
The Latest on: Flexible conductors
via Google News
The Latest on: Flexible conductors
- C3Nano Patents Low-Reflectivity Flexible Transparent Conductorson May 7, 2020 at 4:10 am
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Lagos State Guidelines On Controlled Lockdown Phaseon May 2, 2020 at 5:00 pm
An overnight curfew will be in force from 8pm till 6am daily, from May 4, 2020, for two weeks in the first instance. Subsequent extension of the curfew will be communicated by way of a press release ...
- Vince Mendoza: Streams of Influence Flowing into a River of Soundon May 1, 2020 at 12:16 am
Streams of Influence Flowing into a River of Sound article by Victor L. Schermer, published on May 1, 2020 at All About Jazz. Find more Interviews articles ...
- New Orleans bus, streetcar riders required to wear masks starting Friday, RTA sayson April 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm
New Orleans' public transit system will require riders to wear masks before boarding buses and streetcars starting Friday in an effort to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus once ...
- Negros Occidental imposes GCQon April 30, 2020 at 9:15 am
GOVERNOR Eugenio Jose Lacson signed Thursday, April 30, an Executive Order (EO) placing the entire province of Negros Occidental under ...
- Organic Led Market: A Straight Overview of Growing Market & Future Trend by 2025on April 23, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) are electronic devices made by placing a thin film of an electroluminescent organic material between two conductors of different work functions. When an ...
- Elite Core 2 Conductor 12 AWG 100' Ft Bulk Ultra Flexible Speaker Cable Wireon April 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm
We ship to the lower 48 states USA only. Most orders ship out within 1 to 2 business days. We do not ship to Hi, AK, PR, APO, FPO and P.O. Boxes addresses For shipments to Florida addresses, we are ...
- New Printed Electronics Ink from CHASM Advanced Materials for High Volume Transparent Touch Buttons and Sensorson April 9, 2020 at 2:05 am
Specially formulated from CHASM's patented V2V™ ink vehicle and industry leading single wall CNTs, VC102 delivers printable, flexible transparent conductors with superior environmental ...
- Clinical Conductor Adds Flexible CTMS Features to Facilitate Dynamic Researchon April 5, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Beyond that, of any other CTMS application, Clinical Conductor continually advances evolves to provide research organizations with flexible trial management functionality that allows them to conduct ...
- flexible circuiton March 20, 2019 at 8:04 pm
A pattern of conductors created on a bendable film, which acts as an insulating (dielectric) base material. The top is coated with a dielectric cover layer. A flexible circuit is a pliable ...
via Bing News