The majority of millennials think they’re innovative people. They want to work at–and give their money to–innovative companies that are good for society.
In spite of all the economic, societal, and environmental obstacles thrown their way, millennials the world over still believe that things can change–and that business in particular can push the world into a better place.
Deloitte’s 2013 Global Millennial Survey asked millennials who were born after January 1982 about how business can innovate and impact society. These are some of the highlights of their answers.
Some 65% of respondents, who were located in 16 markets across the world, believe that their company conducts activities that benefit society (wishful thinking?). In Brazil, 83% of respondents feel this way; just 46% of respondents in South Korea agree with the statement, however. Across the world, millennials have faith in the power of business innovation–71% of respondents said that they think business innovations directly improve society. In China, where economic development is on a serious upward swing, 86% of millennials agreed with the statement.
When it comes to societal challenges, however, millennials don’t all agree. In the next 20 years, Brazilians believe resource scarcity will be the biggest issue, while millennials in countries including the U.S. and India are most concerned about inflation, and respondents in South Africa and many Western European countries are worried about unemployment. Overall, 24% of millennials think that the business world should be paying the most attention to environmental issues, while 23% think that it should focus on inequality.
The Latest on: Innovative Ways To Fix The World
via Google News
The Latest on: Innovative Ways To Fix The World
- YESCO Orlando North, the Leader in the Electric Sign and Lighting Service Industry, Expands Its Service Fleet in Orlandoon January 25, 2020 at 12:05 am
Sanford, FL, January 25, 2020 --(PR.com)-- Due to high demand in the booming Orlando Florida area for sign repair and services, Yesco Orlando North recently expanded ... the ever growing needs in ...
- 17 Common iPhone 8 Problems & How to Fix Themon January 24, 2020 at 2:28 pm
It appears that some iPhone 8 batteries are starting to swell up. The issue is impacting users around the world including here in the United States. Unfortunately, there’s no way to fix this issue on ...
- 8 easy things you can do to decrease your carbon footprinton January 24, 2020 at 5:35 am
It's not an all-or-nothing fix -- every ... interact with the world. If you can reduce the amount of energy you use at home, it follows that your carbon footprint will decrease -- not to mention your ...
- A Few Thousand Teslas Won't Fix China's Problemson January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Tianqi Lithium Corp. had everything going for it: generous subsidies, Beijing’s blessing on the electric-vehicle industry it supplies, and the hype of Tesla Inc. getting its sedans off the production ...
- Feeding the world responsibly and sustainably with Artificial Intelligence by ABB and Microsofton January 23, 2020 at 5:52 am
With an increasing global population, the urgency to find new and innovative ways to address food demand is felt around the world. Since 1970, fish farming has existed in the Nordics and developed ...
- Dodgers cheated out of two World Series titles? Los Angeles city leaders call for a fixon January 22, 2020 at 6:19 am
Amid sign-stealing scandal, LA City Council approves resolution calling for Dodgers to be awarded championships for World Series losses to Astros, Red Sox.
- 50 Devon and Cornwall businesses that are doing their bit to save the planeton January 21, 2020 at 11:02 pm
The world’s first carbon negative brewery and distillery ... A Plymouth graduate and KTP Associate is helping the business develop innovative and more environmentally-friendly commercial methods to ...
- Player confidential -- The truth about slow play in golf and how to fix iton January 14, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Slow play is one of the biggest issues in golf. The Tour is trying to fix it. We asked a player to give us the truth. He wasn't shy in what's wrong and how make the problem go away.
- Ashland Middle School students create innovative approach to real-world problemon January 8, 2020 at 1:02 pm
(WOWK) — A group of eighth graders at Ashland Middle School like to see if they can find problems, and then they fix them. Emily Aliff is talking ... The students say this is all in an effort to make ...
- 5 Lessons In Personalization From Stitch Fixon December 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm
The company sends millions of items of clothing to customers around the world ... Stitch Fix offers a master class in personalization for all other companies. Finding innovative ways to collect ...
via Bing News