Researchers at the UPM are involved in the design of a robotic arm for precise guidance of the insertion of needles, catheters and surgical instruments in procedures of minimally invasive surgery.
This robot has a hybrid powerstrain structure which will allow a precise, repetitive, planned and controlled insertion enhancing the current procedures used so far. In addition, it has a lower cost and it requires a brief period of learning. The design, which has been patented, is the result of a joint collaboration between researchers of the High School of Industrial Engineers of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and the Gliatech S.L Company.
These procedures of guided surgery, needle insertion, catheters and stents are used to take samples of fluids and tissues for biopsies and diagnosis. This robot can make precise and controlled insertions, deposition markers and a specific administration of drugs. All this is possible thanks to a virtual planning, which is based on the analysis of medical images which are previously captured with a scanner.
The development of robots for surgical use is the result of the need to enhance surgical procedures effectiveness. The technologies based on automation and robotics can improve this effectiveness thanks that they are able to integrate diverse sources of information such as medical images and their processing, and also performing real-time complex tasks.
The patented robotic device has a hybrid powertrain structure with six degrees of freedom which uses the features of the serial and parallel mechanisms and whose structure is specially designed to perform tasks of guiding and insertion. In addition, it has a system with lasers and inertial units which will allow doctors to calibrate and correct the position and orientation of surgical instruments.
The Latest on: Robotic surgery
- Munster bricklayer undergoes robotic surgery for double bypasson November 27, 2020 at 9:00 am
At first I was in shock and didn’t want to believe it, but when they recommended robotic surgery, I really started researching it, and I liked everything I heard about ...
- Doctors perform rare robotic surgery to treat woman with tumouron November 27, 2020 at 1:50 am
The patient underwent a 'robotic distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy' to remove the tumour which was four centimetres in size.
- Robotic Surgery Market Booming By Size, Revenue And Trend In 2020 Scrutinized In New Researchon November 26, 2020 at 5:14 am
The global robotic surgery market has been analyzed By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, RoW) and By Country (U.S., Canada, U.K., Germany, France, Italy, China, Japan, India, Brazil) for ...
- Robotic surgery system used across Europe completes 1,000 operationson November 26, 2020 at 2:33 am
Robot surgery is burgeoning across Europe and the wider world, with one UK-built surgical robot now completing more than 1,000 operations.
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery Has a Bright Future in Indiaon November 24, 2020 at 7:28 pm
Robotic-assisted surgeries have been there for quite some time. In recent times however, with a growing emphasis on improving the quality of care and with AI ma ...
- THINK Surgical® Receives FDA Clearance of Second-Generation Active Roboton November 20, 2020 at 4:35 am
THINK Surgical, an innovator in the field of orthopedic active robot surgery, announced today that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared the second-generation of the TSolution One Total ...
- Global Robotic Surgery Market Size, Share to attain considerable expansion through 2024 - Live Nowon November 19, 2020 at 10:58 pm
The report Robotic Surgery Market Size and Analysis maintains enhanced dynamics and is overshadowed by a top player across the globe. The research report provides Robotic Surgery Market Growth and ...
- Robotic surgery at Columbia VA is making a big difference for patientson November 19, 2020 at 5:09 pm
The Dorn VA Hospital in Columbia has started a new program with robotic surgery that's making a big difference for patients. Doctor Kurt Fichtner is a surgeon at the Dorn VA Hospital in Columbia. He ...
- The OnPoint Companies Receive Award for Innovation in Augmented Reality for Orthopedic and Robotic Surgeryon November 17, 2020 at 11:34 am
The OnPoint Companies are revolutionizing spinal, orthopedic, sports, and robotic procedures with an Augmented Reality (AR) platform technology that superimposes virtual surgical guides and virtual ...
- EU5 Robotic Surgery Market Outlook to 2025 - Robotic Surgical System Disposables and Robotic Surgical Systemson November 17, 2020 at 4:40 am
Summary “EU5 Robotic Surgery Market Outlook to 2025” is a comprehensive databook report, covering key market data on the EU5 Robotic Surgery market. The databook report provides value (USD), volume (u ...
via Bing News
The Latest on: Robotic arm
- Robotics blended into media, technology classeson November 27, 2020 at 2:12 pm
A broader range of future career options are being revealed through curriculum evolution at Northern Secondary School.
- Manawatū dairying family reaps rewards from robotson November 27, 2020 at 1:32 pm
A cow moves into a stall and the robot's arm attaches the cups on to the cow's teats. It reads a transponder around the cow's neck and can tell if a cow is actually due for milking or not and the ...
- 'Clive' the fruit-picking robot gets to work in Goulburn Valley to cover seasonal worker gapon November 27, 2020 at 12:57 pm
In what is believed to be an Australian first, a robot fruit picker will work on two Goulburn Valley properties to see if it is a commercially viable alternative to human labour.
- This Self-Emptying Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Is on Sale Today Onlyon November 27, 2020 at 12:25 pm
There are chores I find weirdly therapeutic (i.e. washing dishes), and others I dread having to do. Vacuuming falls under the second category. I love clean ...
- Egyptian inventor trials robot that can test for COVID-19on November 26, 2020 at 2:54 pm
With Egypt facing a second coronavirus wave, an inventor is trialing a remote-control robot which can test for COVID-19, take the temperature of patients and warn them if they ...
- Factories of the future: Dayton experts talk latest trends in automation, roboticson November 26, 2020 at 5:33 am
As the supply chain talent pool narrows, companies are readily embracing technology that keep the gears turning without sacrificing the bottom line.
- Robotics End-of-arm Tooling Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2020-2025on November 26, 2020 at 5:30 am
Selbyville, Delaware, Market Study Report LLC has announced the launch of Robotics End-of-arm Tooling market report, a comprehensive study enumerating the latest price trends and pivotal drivers ...
- Extend Robotics unveils new VR-controlled robotic armon November 26, 2020 at 1:14 am
UK-based start-up Extend Robotics has announced the launch of a new low-cost virtual reality (VR) controlled robotic arm.
- Robot That Can Test For Covid-19 Trialled in Egypt, It Will Also Warn People Not Wearing Maskson November 25, 2020 at 8:39 pm
An Egyptian inventor is trialling a remote-control robot called Cira-03 which can test for Covid-19 and take the temperature of patients, at a private hospital north of Cairo.
- Global Mobile Collaborative Robots Market Report 2020-2030on November 25, 2020 at 3:15 am
The "Mobile Collaborative Robots Market Research Report: By Offering, Payload, Application, End User -Global Industry Analysis and ...
via Bing News