This has inspired a unique partnership between MakerBot, DonorsChoose.org, America Makes, and Autodesk, which aims to put a 3D printer in every school across America.
Even though the real-world applications of 3D printing are still relatively limited, President Barack Obama pegged the technology as the spark that will ignite the next industrial era with a recent comment positing that “3D printing has the potential to revolutionize the way we make almost everything.” This has inspired a unique partnership between MakerBot, DonorsChoose.org, America Makes, and Autodesk, which aims to put a 3D printer in every school across America.
Individuals and corporations interested in helping get MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in schools can visit DonorsChoose.org, a crowd funding site just for teachers, and pledge to financially support the program. Teachers then register on DonorsChoose.org to receive a MakerBot Academy bundle.
“As a former teacher, I believe strongly in creating a new model for innovation,” said Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot. “Instead of waiting for someone to create a product for you, you can create your own. It can change the whole paradigm of how our children will see innovation and manufacturing in America.”
MakerBot has already contributed its own resources to launch this education initiative, along with key partners.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- 3D Printing Market 2020: Competitive Landscape, Statistics and Top Manufacturers Forecast To 2026on June 29, 2020 at 8:30 am
The global 3d printing market is expected to rise with an impressive CAGR and generate the highest revenue by 2026.
- Laser-welded sugar: Sweet way to 3D-print blood vesselson June 29, 2020 at 8:23 am
Rice University bioengineers have shown they can keep densely packed cells alive in lab-grown tissues by creating complex networks of branching blood vessels from templates of 3D-printed sugar.
- 4D Printing in Healthcare Marketon June 29, 2020 at 8:13 am
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global 4D printing in healthcare market are 3D Systems, Inc.; Organovo Holdings Inc.; Stratasys Ltd.; Materialise; Dassault Systèmes; EOS; ...
- Inside the quest to 3D print a perfectly palatable steakon June 29, 2020 at 6:20 am
The 3D-printed steak industry is growing crowded, and companies are taking differing approaches toward the future of both plant- and cell-based fake meat.
- Five universities receive $20M grant to design 3D printing materialson June 29, 2020 at 3:37 am
Five universities in Louisiana have a $20 million federal grant to design complex alloys and polymers for 3D printing and to build a sustainable research and education program in Louisiana.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
3D-Printing in America’s Classrooms
- MakerBot integrates with Google for Education to improve classroom 3D printing experienceon June 24, 2020 at 6:43 am
The Brooklyn-based company’s print preparation and management cloud platform is now said to provide educators and students with an easier 3D print workflow using familiar Google features.
- Return to Campus: Cleaningon June 23, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Bathrooms in the residence halls will be cleaned twice a day, seven days per week, which is a higher frequency as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American .
- Free Thursday Online Event Features 3D Printing in Educationon June 23, 2020 at 10:37 am
"100 days of 3D Printing in the Classroom: From Certification to Integration," with elementary school teacher Jessica Pfau and MakerBot Product Manager Allison Mazzetti sharing guidance on how to ...
- MakerBot Launches SKETCH Classroom for Educators and Studentson June 23, 2020 at 5:50 am
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Discovery allows 3D printing of sensors directly on expanding organson June 17, 2020 at 5:29 pm
a peer-reviewed scientific journal published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). The new research is the next generation of a 3D printing technique discovered two ...