This has inspired a unique partnership between MakerBot, DonorsChoose.org, America Makes, and Autodesk, which aims to put a 3D printer in every school across America.
Even though the real-world applications of 3D printing are still relatively limited, President Barack Obama pegged the technology as the spark that will ignite the next industrial era with a recent comment positing that “3D printing has the potential to revolutionize the way we make almost everything.” This has inspired a unique partnership between MakerBot, DonorsChoose.org, America Makes, and Autodesk, which aims to put a 3D printer in every school across America.
Individuals and corporations interested in helping get MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in schools can visit DonorsChoose.org, a crowd funding site just for teachers, and pledge to financially support the program. Teachers then register on DonorsChoose.org to receive a MakerBot Academy bundle.
“As a former teacher, I believe strongly in creating a new model for innovation,” said Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot. “Instead of waiting for someone to create a product for you, you can create your own. It can change the whole paradigm of how our children will see innovation and manufacturing in America.”
MakerBot has already contributed its own resources to launch this education initiative, along with key partners.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Best 3D-printed models of November 2019on December 3, 2019 at 7:02 am
The 3D printing community is terrific. Not only are there people from every walk of life ready to help anyone get better at the hobby, but there are also talented designers churning out inspired ...
- These Huge 3D Printers Want to Save the Earth (and Maybe Mars)on December 3, 2019 at 6:11 am
One thing's clear: we'll have to build out habitats with materials on hand. There's no Amazon Prime Mars (yet) for Earth-to-Mars shipments, which is where industrial-scale 3D printing comes into play.
- Unleashing the Disruptive Forces of 3D Printingon December 3, 2019 at 5:21 am
Dec 03, 2019 (NetworkNewsWire via COMTEX) -- NetworkNewsWire Editorial Coverage: 3D-printing technology has arrived and appears ready to beneficially disrupt every field it touches. Additive ...
- 3D printing is helping museums in repatriation and decolonisation effortson December 3, 2019 at 2:57 am
For example, with 3D imaging and 3D printing we can produce digital and physical copies of artefacts, allowing visitors to study and interact with them more closely than ever before. Today, digital ...
- Stratasys Adds TCL Hofmann & TCL Hunt to Channel Network Expanding 3D Printing Solutions Outreach in Machinery and Technical Sectorson December 3, 2019 at 2:51 am
New partnership in Australia and New Zealand helps industrial businesses transform into smart factories with higher manufacturing efficiency Stratasys AP, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (SSYS), the 3D ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
3D-Printing in America’s Classrooms
- Ultimaker unveils Pioneer Program, promoting 3D printing in educationon August 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm
The scheme introduces 3D printing and design to North American students – both K-12 and higher education ... He adds: “It’s smart to tap into what’s already happening in classrooms throughout the ...
- 3D Printing in the Classroom Adds a New Dimension to Educationon June 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm
3D Printing in the Classroom Provides Real-World Solutions Educators say ... For example, students in the upper school taking Advanced Placement American History used scans from the Smithsonian ...
- Global 3D Printing Market in the Education Sector 2018-2022| 20% CAGR Projection Over the Next Four Years| Technavioon August 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
The introduction of cloud-based platforms for 3D printing devices will help in the efficient management of 3D printers in classrooms and significant ... EMEA, and the Americas). The Americas led the ...
- 3D printing guns at home: Does new technology change America's gun control debate?on July 31, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Or in your child's classroom." And that does take ... Just understand that, at least with today's technology, the 3D printing aspect of the discussion is more hype than reality. The gun violence issue ...
- Ultimaker Launches New 3D Printing Core Lessons for STEAM Educationon April 12, 2018 at 11:31 am
The set includes eight free lessons, based on guidance and feedback from the company’s North American partners and educators, that can help teachers in informal, K12, or Higher Ed classrooms ...