In today’s technology driven society, not having a smartphone is like not having a lifeline.
Without a smartphone, we struggle to keep up with current events, but what about the people who cannot afford to purchase the latest iPhone or Android? How do they access the Internet?
Innoz, or more commonly known as the “offline Google”, is changing the way information is exchanged in developing nations. Created by Deepak Ravindran and his India-based team, Innoz is set to become the world’s largest offline search engine that lets users access the Internet through SMS. Innoz eliminates the need of smartphones, and gives “dumb” phones a chance demonstrate their worth. Questions texted to the SMSGyan will automatically be answered and sent back to the user in a matter of seconds.
Deepak and his team even created an SMS app store, which currently has more than 10,000 apps.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Towards New Urban Mobilityon August 30, 2020 at 7:51 pm
Drawing on the LSE Cities/InnoZ household survey of 1,000 residents each in Berlin and London, it investigates how people’s attitudes towards transport modes, technology and travel frame their ...
- Urban Mobility Transitionson August 16, 2020 at 1:17 am
The case of London and Berlin. The study – conducted in collaboration with InnoZ Berlin – investigates current public attitudes about future alternative forms of travel with the aim to develop ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Google’s Smart Scrolling: Now AI Tells Your Phones When To Scrollon November 25, 2020 at 11:48 pm
Google introduced Smart Scrolling, a new ML-based feature in its Recorder app that automatically marks important sections in the transcript.
- Small businesses should embrace Google and Facebook for momentum amid pandemicon November 25, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Small businesses, hit especially hard during the COVID-19 crisis, can use social media and digital ads to help promote their wares and services.
- School Education Dept releases scheduled for December offline exam for Class 9 to 12 studentson November 25, 2020 at 10:49 am
These tests will start from December 7 to 24. While all students of I to VIII classes will be evaluated on the basis of online test, the Class IX to XII students will write the exam in their schools, ...
- Apple Maps vs. Google Maps: Which one is best for you?on November 22, 2020 at 9:50 pm
One other popular Google Maps feature is offline access. This facilitates offline planning for those with limited access to Wi-Fi or data. While Apple Maps uses slightly less data than Google Maps, ...
- 5 best offline games like PUBG Mobile for low-end devices on the Google Play Storeon November 21, 2020 at 8:11 am
The titles in this list are the best offline games like PUBG Mobile for low-end devices. PUBG Mobile is a renowned game which belongs to the battle-royale genre. It has high device requirements, which ...