VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Nuxeo Unveils New, Low-Code User Interface for Nuxeo Insighton July 1, 2020 at 6:00 am
PRNewswire/ -- Nuxeo, the leading cloud-native Content Services Platform (CSP), today announced the debut of a new, low-code user interface (UI) for ...
- How iOS 14 paves the way for Apple’s AR Glasseson June 30, 2020 at 3:55 am
Apple introduced several new iOS 14 features during its WWDC 2020 keynote last week, including a few significant user interface changes. The macOS Big Sur update is Apple’s most significant Mac ...
- Concept shows how Apple could create a ‘glassOS’ based on the iOS 14 interfaceon June 29, 2020 at 8:19 pm
We’ve heard many rumors about Apple’s new augmented reality headset, referred to as Apple Glasses, which are expected to be announced at some point in 2022. While the company won’t give us details ...
- Global Digital Assistants in Healthcare Market By...on June 27, 2020 at 2:14 am
New York, June 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Global Digital Assistants in Healthcare Market By Product, By User Interface, By Type, By ...
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) Market Size to Reach USD 6570 Million by 2025 - Valuates Reportson June 26, 2020 at 5:51 pm
A Human-Machine Interface (HMI) is a user interface or dashboard that connects a person to a machine, system, or device.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Is ‘build build build’ really the best way forward for England’s planning system?on July 6, 2020 at 5:14 am
Such change should not be based on simply building more, but on an accurate diagnosis of the problems the planning system is experiencing and trying to solve. If it isn’t, there is a risk of a future ...
- INTERACTIVE: Find out the risk for EEE and West Nile Virus in your Massachusetts city and townon July 5, 2020 at 2:51 pm
The first EEE positive mosquito sample of 2020 was detected in Orange on July 2. Risk levels have increased in this area.
- We Review Science Division's Star Trek Interactive Tribbleon July 5, 2020 at 4:10 am
One of the most iconic alien figures in all of Star Trek history has to be the Tribbles, first introduced in the original series in 1967.
- Red Bull loses appeal against Mercedes’ new steering systemon July 4, 2020 at 2:20 am
Red Bull has lost an appeal lodged against the dual assistant steering system unveiled by Formula One rival Mercedes during winter testing in February ...
- Interactive Brokers' June DARTs Improve on Volatile Marketson July 2, 2020 at 7:56 am
Interactive Brokers Group IBKR recently released the Electronic Brokerage segment’s performance metrics for June 2020. The segment, which deals with clearance and settlement of trades for individual ...