VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Notify.com Releases Enhanced Emergency Notification User Interfaceon May 28, 2020 at 3:23 pm
This new Notify.com capability will greatly reduce the time to select the desired recipients. "Notify.com is an acknowledgement-based notification platform," said Bob Lueth, President of Notify.com.
- Outriders gameplay – First City, Custom User Interface, World Tiers, and the Tricksteron May 28, 2020 at 10:12 am
Publisher Square Enix and developer People Can Fly debuted new gameplay footage from Outriders during the first Outriders Broadcast. The footage, which is shown through the lens of drop-in co-op, ...
- Wolters Kluwer’s ELM Solutions Delivers New User Experience and Easy to Create Workflows for Contract Lifecycle Managementon May 28, 2020 at 7:37 am
Wolters Kluwer’s ELM Solutions Delivers New User Experience and Easy to Create Workflows for Contract Lifecycle Management ...
- How did you ever watch TV without this brilliant $22 Fire TV Stick accessory?on May 27, 2020 at 10:48 am
Even if you have a TV with built-in smart TV capabilities, most people still opt for a third-party streaming media player like Amazon’s Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and other Fire TV ...
- OpenCraft Offers New Turnkey Hosting Plan and User Interface to Bring Education and Training Courses Online Fasteron May 27, 2020 at 7:25 am
OpenCraft today announced a new turnkey hosting plan and user interface (UI) designed to help organizations quickly and efficiently bring their educational courses online. The new OpenCraft Pro & ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Galaxy Next Generation Launches its Phoenix Cloud-Based Bell and Intercom Systemon June 1, 2020 at 5:30 am
TOCCOA, GA / ACCESSWIRE / June 1, 2020 / Galaxy Next Generation, Inc. (OTCQB: GAXY) (“Galaxy” or the “Company), a provider of interactive learning technology solutions, is pleased to announce ...
- Sony PlayStation 5 Will Have Games Exclusive to the Deviceon May 29, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Sony has long subscribed to the belief that each new console generation should have games that take advantage of the new technology's enhancements.
- iClick Interactive Asia Group Ltd - ADRon May 29, 2020 at 11:07 am
ADR . iClick Interactive Asia Group Ltd. is a holding company, engages in the provision of online marketing and data technology platform.
- Haystack TV Launches Interactive News Ticker on Rokuon May 29, 2020 at 6:09 am
The app relies on a new system of interactive overlays developed by Haystack TV, an ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) OTT service. Newsline lets viewers interact via news crawls to access local ...
- Zacks.com featured highlights include: TakeTwo Interactive Software, Gilead Sciences and Regeneron Pharmaceuticalson May 29, 2020 at 3:01 am
Stocks in this week’s article are TakeTwo Interactive Software TTWO, Gilead Sciences GILD and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals REGN. Given the current volatile market conditions amid coronavirus-related ...